Shape Shots With Your Tee?

bobgeorge

Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
Reaction score
Handicap
On page 56 of the September Golf Magazine it says you tee the it up so half the ball is above the tee for distance & tee it down for so the entire ball is below the crown for max control.

My normal tee height with the driver has been half the ball above the tee....but today while playing a round I tried teeing it down & it seemed to work..in that I had better control.

Anyone tried this? If so..did you find it worked for you?

Hanks put up some pics of how the pros tee up their ball when he went to a tournament recently. They were teed up pretty low.

When I went to the Shell Houston Open this year, I was surprised to see most of the guys teeing the ball so low. I had read with the newer drivers the sweet spot is just above center so you should tee it with the ball just above the head of the driver.......but I didn't see a single tour player anywhere near that height.

I tee pretty low but yet high enough to catch the ball solid on the upswing which is key.

I've found the same thing recently. I sort of stumbled on it inadvertantly.

Posted via Tapatalk

Is it not that the ball teed up high produces a fade usually and visa versa for a draw, but your swing obviously is the determining factor

Im not using it to work the ball. Just hitting the center of the club more often.

Posted via Tapatalk

I tend to keep my ball teed up pretty low and it seems to keep my ball pretty low on drives. I still get a slice like a son of a gun though but I think that has more to do with where I put the ball in my stance. So I dont know if how I tee it up has much to do with my ability to control the ball over where I put it in my stance.

I use 2 3/4" tees to make sure I don't tee it too high. I've never heard of any rules about teeing height, that's just what I've become comfortable with over the years. Glad to hear there is some logic to my madness.

Back