Mizuno MP-T11 vs MP-T10

iamPro

Sweet Spot!
Reaction score
The MP-t11's are my first experience with Mizuno wedges.

As much as I do love them, I'm debating on whether I should get the MP-t10 with the older grooves next time.

Can anyone who has experience with both provide some insight on the differences in feel, spin, etc?
I just can't find a place that I can demo them.

Thanks!

Spin is based largely on technique. Going to the MP T-10 will in many cases not result in more spin than what you are seeing now.

I've owned both, and I get more spin & control with the T11. I think it has to do with the DG Spinner shaft.

Thanks for the info guys~

Recently, I happened to run across some new MP-T10's online and noticed they are much cheaper (obviously) with reviews just as positive as the MP-T11's. Then the whole "new groove vs. old groove" debate started all over in my mind again.

The conclusion always seems to come down to what JB says,
"It's all about technique"

But it's also great to hear from someone who tried both and provide some hands on insight.
(Thanks felit0!)

Also keep in mind the head weight feels different on the two. The MPT11's feel heavier in the head then the 10's. I found it much easier to lose where the head was in the swing with the 10's but that's just me.

Also keep in mind the head weight feels different on the two. The MPT11's feel heavier in the head then the 10's. I found it much easier to lose where the head was in the swing with the 10's but that's just me.
I agree with Tuna, the t11's feel more balanced. Not sure if it's the shaft, head weight, or whatever, they just feel/perform better.

Hmmm. Im weighing both heads and they appear to have the same weight.

Hmmm. Im weighing both heads and they appear to have the same weight.

No disagreement there and it would have suprised me if they were substantially different. It's just when swinging them my perception is that the 11 head felt heavier so I knew where it was in the swing. The 10 head felt lighter. Is the balance point the same? I've sold off my 10 so can't check.

I havent noticed a loss in spin with the MP T-11.

I wouldn't expect you to Bucky. The new grooves are made so that we still get basically the same spin as long as you have the same swing of course....
But as JB said it is largely technique that gets a person spin, not grooves. That will help, but without technique you will really not get anywhere.

As far as headweight, they both felt about the same to me, but I like a lighter head in a wedge so these two were kinda crossed off the list for me. Need to try the MP-R12 still though...

I wouldn't expect you to Bucky. The new grooves are made so that we still get basically the same spin as long as you have the same swing of course....

That is not entirely true. Out of the short grass or a tight lie, you will get roughly the same spin, however out of thicker grass, wet grass and or other areas where something is surrounding the ball, larger grooves will offer greater spin due to the channeling that they can achieve in pulling obstacles away.

That is not entirely true. Out of the short grass or a tight lie, you will get roughly the same spin, however out of thicker grass, wet grass and or other areas where something is surrounding the ball, larger grooves will offer greater spin due to the channeling that they can achieve in pulling obstacles away.

I had not thought of that when making the post. Thank you for the correction. That's where the old grooves helped!!

BulldogsGolf

But as JB said it is largely technique that gets a person spin, not grooves. That will help, but without technique you will really not get anywhere.

As far as headweight, they both felt about the same to me, but I like a lighter head in a wedge so these two were kinda crossed off the list for me. Need to try the MP-R12 still though...

Exactly on both counts. Ive learned to dial back my swing a bit for more control, which means that Im hitting out of the short grass most of the time. Honestly though, even with the T-11 out of the rough I havent noticed a huge loss of spin.

I've played both as well and I found the 11 to be a better 'feeling' wedge. Going off memory here but I think both felt relatively the same in terms of weighting with maybe the 11 feeling ever so slightly heavier. This may be from the Spinner shaft in the 11 being a little different than what I believe was/is a TT shaft in the 10. Also as ST has pointed out, I could feel the club a bit more with the 11 vs. the 10

The MP-t11's are my first experience with Mizuno wedges.

As much as I do love them, I'm debating on whether I should get the MP-t10 with the older grooves next time.

Can anyone who has experience with both provide some insight on the differences in feel, spin, etc?
I just can't find a place that I can demo them.

Thanks!

I've played both as well and I found the 11 to be a better 'feeling' wedge. Going off memory here but I think both felt relatively the same in terms of weighting with maybe the 11 feeling ever so slightly heavier. This may be from the Spinner shaft in the 11 being a little different than what I believe was/is a TT shaft in the 10. Also as ST has pointed out, I could feel the club a bit more with the 11 vs. the 10
Id agree that the feel of the T-11 is different and better than the T-10. I honestly dont really miss the grooves of the T-10 because of overall performance of the T-11 is better.
I dont know if its just the DG Spinner shaft but there definetly is a difference in the feel of the club.

I have just bought the 56&60 in the MP T11's as the reviews have just been too good. I pride myself on my short game and have spent years 'manufacturing' shots from stock clubs and feel that it's worth taking the plunge on these.

Back