Golf Galaxy launch monitor/fitting

UNCFan6

Low Round of 64
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, i don't have a golf galaxy that close to me but i'm headed to Chapel Hill, NC next weekend and there is one in Durham that i'm going to stop to and i was wondering how much if anything does it cost to hit on their launch monitor? also can you just go in there and hit on them or do you need like an appointment? Thanks in advance.

I hit in them quite often.

There is no appointment or fee associated with it.

I typically take my own iron/driver/hybrid in with me to establish a baseline on how I hit my club and then compare it with the equipment that I am testing.

Just make sure to let other people in and slide over when the sales associate brings a customer to test equipment.

Have fun, those things can be addictive.

I hit in them quite often.

There is no appointment or fee associated with it.

I typically take my own iron/driver/hybrid in with me to establish a baseline on how I hit my club and then compare it with the equipment that I am testing.

Just make sure to let other people in and slide over when the sales associate brings a customer to test equipment.

Have fun, those things can be addictive.

Alright thanks a lot. I'll take an iron or two in with me. I just wanna look at some irons cuz that's the next thing i plan on buying but prolly not til after Tax time. I'd really like to get fitted for the appropriate shaft i should be hitting.

There's also a pretty big (biggest golf store I have ever seen) Golfsmith in Raliegh. They have an indoor range in a corner of the store with multiple hitting stations fitted with launch monitors. It isn't a "full" range, but definitely beats hitting into a net 10' in front of you. They had a lot of demo clubs in there and you could just walk up and swing away. I see they just opened a Golfsmith in Tyson's Corner, too.

There's also a pretty big (biggest golf store I have ever seen) Golfsmith in Raliegh. They have an indoor range in a corner of the store with multiple hitting stations fitted with launch monitors. It isn't a "full" range, but definitely beats hitting into a net 10' in front of you. They had a lot of demo clubs in there and you could just walk up and swing away. I see they just opened a Golfsmith in Tyson's Corner, too.

Yep, I was amazed by the Golfsmith there. It also has a small sand trap to pitch out of as well as a large putting green. I think it also had one or two indoor tennis courts. It used to be a Best Buy store so you can imagine the square footage.

I've walked into GG many times, grabbed a few demo clubs and spent quite awhile on the launch monitor and simulator, just share with others and nobody says a thing.

Back