Magazines are Arriving

I got my copy this weekend as well. I really like the layout and design of the magazine, it's got some incredible photos. Since it was a shorter issue I think my only gripe is more equipment but I know you will cover much more in the future. And possibly a section for golf stories, equipment statistics or another interview would be perfect. All in all great job JB, GG and THP crew! Can't wait for the next one.

Thank you so much for the kind words. No question that the next issue will be double the size. The photos in the iron section were all taken by GG and myself and it took quite some time. But I am glad that it paid off. THank you for your thoughts and we will definitely keep at it.

I am so happy the magazines are arriving and am so grateful to everyone for your feedback. Our heads are spinning with ideas for the next few issues and the more feedback we get from everyone the better so please keep 'em coming!

I got my magazine today. I'll report back after I really get to look at it.

I got my magazine today. I'll report back after I really get to look at it.

Ditto, mine came in today and will turn in my essay later. No signature though!

Ditto, mine came in today and will turn in my essay later. No signature though!

TD we must have missed yours or sent you the wrong copy. Let me see what we can do to fix that.

Don't go to the bother JB, just sign my new set of irons from the "12 Day's promo", hehe.

Really, dont bother. Maybe you can sign my first hole in one certificate if I ever get one!

We cannot wait to hear everybody's thoughts.

Just got my mail and mine came today too. I plan to read it later - then I'll report my thoughts.

I haven't gone through the magazine much yet, but I think you should have an "Ask the Pro" section where you pull a couple of questions with Andy's answers from his section in the forum.

I haven't gone through the magazine much yet, but I think you should have an "Ask the Pro" section where you pull a couple of questions with Andy's answers from his section in the forum.

Smalls, that is a big debate right now. Not that in detail, but having tips and drills in the magazine.

Did anyone notice you can feel the grooves on the Cleveland wedges? (Both pictures)

Did anyone notice you can feel the grooves on the Cleveland wedges? (Both pictures)

Dang it Smally, I had to run to the bathroom after my magazine, (just kidding, lol). You did get me feeling mine and I'm not sure your not right. Liz was looking at me like I was mad!

Its something to look at. The pictures are amazing. Even the ads are incredible. I will post more thoughts after reading it.

I saw the white lines and thought: "I wonder?" and sure enough. You feel it really good with your fingernails.

Its something to look at. The pictures are amazing. Even the ads are incredible. I will post more thoughts after reading it.

Looking forward to your thoughts. We worked hard to get the pictures right, and really liked how many of them came out.

I saw the white lines and thought: "I wonder?" and sure enough. You feel it really good with your fingernails.

Can I suggest Natalie Gulbis in the first big issue with the same technology?

Guy's, no joke! Feel it with your finger nails on page seven, the big picture really has it!

Got mine today!!! The first thing I notice is the paper stock chosen. Perfect!!! I love the thicker glossy paper. I am a little autistic so I smelled it as well (kinda nuts I know) and I love the smell in addition to the feel. I am a tactile person so the reading experience involves not just the visuals but the feel and smell as well. It certainly passes this test with straight A's.

The photography is spot on. In all seriousness the adds are not as beautiful as the other magazine content and this is usually the other way around.
The layout is well thought out and pleasing without being so nuts as to be hard to follow.
I also love the fact that each non-ad page has a page number. I love that for some reason. I hate when a table of contents gives me a page number to go to to find that said page has no page number.

The choice of contents is exactly what I love in a golf magazine. I for one have no use or interest in the tips included in most magazines. Meeting golfers seeing new toys and discovering new destinations is really all I require in a golf magazine.

I also love the header and logo. Dynamic with great colors.

I have yet to discover a a criticism in the magazine but am going to go through it more throughly a little later and will report back. I am a fiend for the editing. So far so good though.

A job well done to those involved. This is not an easy thing to pull off let alone pulling it off right the first time. I both applaud and envy you for making this happen. Congrats!!!

Can I suggest Natalie Gulbis in the first big issue with the same technology?

I can not stop laughing at this comment. :laughing:

Thanks for all the feedback everybody. Graz, thanks for being so thorough. Glad you are enjoying it so far.

I got mine yesterday as well. Love the layout and colors. I also noticed the paper used was quality! You guys did a great job on the pictures! Very very nice pictures and some good angles too. Heres one thing that I think could be better. Maybe better isnt the right word. Maybe a little more defined or easier to understand. Maybe it was just me but I was little confused about what type of player the irons were geared towards. You had a set of irons with a very good write up and then over to the right you had the boxes that said LOW MID HIGH, etc. I was a little confused with that at first. It was probably just me though! Great inagural edition!

I got mine yesterday as well. Love the layout and colors. I also noticed the paper used was quality! You guys did a great job on the pictures! Very very nice pictures and some good angles too. Heres one thing that I think could be better. Maybe better isnt the right word. Maybe a little more defined or easier to understand. Maybe it was just me but I was little confused about what type of player the irons were geared towards. You had a set of irons with a very good write up and then over to the right you had the boxes that said LOW MID HIGH, etc. I was a little confused with that at first. It was probably just me though! Great inagural edition!

I was curious when someone would ask that Kevin. Check out the intro page to the Tool Shed and their is a "key" that says what golfer fits into what category. We hope that it works, but if not, we can always tweak it.

See I figured I probably missed something. I'll look again when I get home. What do you think about listing the whole list of LOW to HIGH over on the right and then maybe adding highlights to the targeted golfer range? Problem with that are some clubs might go across the board. Just a thought!

See I figured I probably missed something. I'll look again when I get home. What do you think about listing the whole list of LOW to HIGH over on the right and then maybe adding highlights to the targeted golfer range? Problem with that are some clubs might go across the board. Just a thought!

We can take a look at that in layout and see how it looks.

Got mine in today and gave it read through at linch. My initial impressions are that it is a great start. Obviously you guys/gals will add more content to the next on which will improve it for readers. The quality of the printing is top notch! The "meat" of it is the readers choice awards which is what the magazine is billed as so in my opinion it works for this shortened issue. The layout is great and very stylish. Very impressive, only one thing that jumps out at me in the cons.... what happened to the picture of the Wilson Smooth driver on the last page?

Back