True Linkswear Shoes

ChippingOut

Reaction score
Handicap
Infinity
Anyone see these shoes or get their hands on these yet?

trueSlideshow1.jpg

There is another thread on them somewhere. Another company that sponsors Ryan Moore. I mean the guy that does not have any sponsors....

Unless you count Scratch and True linkswear that is....hahahahahhaha

They are intriguing and we have reached out to them.

LoL I just saw a show on Golf Channel about him and choosing not to have sponsors. Then when looking into golf gear look who I stumble upon..Mr. I Do Things My Way Moore. Ha!

These shoes do look interesting though. I have some Puma running shoes I use right now due to the fact that they are low-profile much like these. Ive had Adidas and Nike shoes in the past that just havent worked out for me, so this is definitely something I want to get my hands on.

Cant wait for a review!

Cant wait for a review![/QUOTE]

I like being close to the ground ie. Barefoot. I will be looking forward to a review also.

Hopefully the company responds. We have not heard back since contacting them 2 weeks ago.

Cant wait for a review!

I like being close to the ground ie. Barefoot. I will be looking forward to a review also.[/QUOTE]

+1

I started golfing in just socks last week, and it was pretty amazing. Shots went a lot straighter too.

Hopefully the company responds. We have not heard back since contacting them 2 weeks ago.

Im going to hit them up on Twitter too.

I looked at their web site. They are not available yet. You can sign up for their notification alert and their newsletter.

Ryan Moore didn't sign a contract with scratch and true linkswear he is part owner of the companies. I'd say thats doin it his way, wouldn't you? So he really still doesn't have any sponsers, they're his companies. Kinda like sayin IJP sponsers Ian Poulter.

I am very intrested in these as well as I have nerve damage in my right foot and need uber comfortable golf shoes. Id recommend Puma Cell Fusions as of now if you have issues with your feet. Id love to be able to wear some cool icons or adipures though

Ryan Moore didn't sign a contract with scratch and true linkswear he is part owner of the companies. I'd say that doin it his way, wouldn't you. So he really still doesn't have any sponsers, they re his companies. Kinda like sayin IJP sponsers Ian Poulter.

NO! It is quite different. IJP created a company to sell his apparel designs. Scratch gave Ryan Moore stock in exchange to carry clubs, a staff bag, and wear a hat. The company can call it anything they want!

A guy that has "No Sponsors", is a guy that does not get paid to play or wear certain things. Ryan Moore does. A guy like Garret Willis falls more in line with no sponsors. It does not make him less of a player or a person, but it is definitely a gray area and a fine line that these companies like to use as a marketing tool.

NO! It is quite different. IJP created a company to sell his apparel designs. Scratch gave Ryan Moore stock in exchange to carry clubs, a staff bag, and wear a hat. The company can call it anything they want!

A guy that has "No Sponsors", is a guy that does not get paid to play or wear certain things. Ryan Moore does. A guy like Garret Willis falls more in line with no sponsors. It does not make him less of a player or a person, but it is definitely a gray area and a fine line that these companies like to use as a marketing tool.
Stock is compensation. JB is correct.

If ryan moore decides he isn't gonna play their clubs are they gonna take his stock back? He can play whatever he wants its just more lucrative to get his brand out there just like IJP. If he was sponsered by scratch he would have to play their clubs. In fact he only plays their irons and wedges now after dumping their hybrids and putter for another companies. Anyone with say, a 14 club sponser deal, would get fired. Basically Scratch has no control over what he choses to play and i imagine the same goes for his shoes.

He would be a very poor business man to pull that and devalue his stock holdings.

Stock is compensation. JB is correct.

People will choose to believe what they would like. Its splitting hairs. I guess since it is in Tiger Woods contract that he can play other clubs if he chooses to than he is not sponsored by Nike? Not quite!

Its great marketing, call it a nonsponsorship and most look at it like that. Brian Gay is sponsored by Taylormade but plays Mizuno irons. Charles Howell III is sponsored by Bridgestone but plays a Taylormade driver. Does that mean these guys are not sponsored?

Tiger also gets a percentage of the club sales. He wouldn't get fired for not playing their clubs. Brian Gay signed a hat and bag deal not a full deal but you can bet they would let him go if he strolled out with a mizuno bag and hat! Same with CH3. If Ryan moore decides to never play scratch again he still has his holdings in the company. I'm not sure marketing him as not being sponsered over partly owning the company is even a viable strategy. I'm just saying he definitely did things his own way and turned down the big companies. He said he did it so he wouldn't be restricted and i don't see how thats changed. Also im pretty sure that when he shot that interview he didn't have any type of sponsers at all.

Sponsorship means getting paid to use certain items or show certain items. They can structure a deal any way they want to. But the definition of sponsorship does not change.

Its really not the same, like i said he still has stock whether he uses them or not however he may get more by promoting the brand. He doesn't even mention being sponserless any more so i really don't see the reason for the dogging.

Its really not the same, like i said he still has stock whether he uses them or not however he may get more by promoting the brand. He doesn't even mention being sponserless any more so i really don't see the reason for the dogging.

He may still have the stock, but its not as if someone that leaves a company has to give them back the money. They keep the money they have been paid for sponsorship and Ryan Moore keeps the stock. its still only worth value when its sold FOR MONEY. The same thing he would get if he gets paid in a check.

Ryan Moore didn't sign a contract with scratch and true linkswear he is part owner of the companies. I'd say thats doin it his way, wouldn't you? So he really still doesn't have any sponsers, they're his companies. Kinda like sayin IJP sponsers Ian Poulter.

I am very intrested in these as well as I have nerve damage in my right foot and need uber comfortable golf shoes. Id recommend Puma Cell Fusions as of now if you have issues with your feet. Id love to be able to wear some cool icons or adipures though

How is that not sponsorship? Did he buy into the company? No, he said he would play their clubs. I can guarantee you that if he quit playing their clubs before the agreed upon contract ran out he would have to give the stock back. They didn't give him the shares for nothing. They agreed to sponsor him with shares instead of money.

How is that not sponsorship? Did he buy into the company? No, he said he would play their clubs. I can guarantee you that if he quit playing their clubs before the agreed upon contract ran out he would have to give the stock back. They didn't give him the shares for nothing. They agreed to sponsor him with shares instead of money.

If he signed a contract that would force him to give them back then yes that would be a sponsorship but that isnt what is being said. Apparently he DID buy into the companies. I don't think its a play our clubs for so long and we will give you shares deal.

He may still have the stock, but its not as if someone that leaves a company has to give them back the money. They keep the money they have been paid for sponsorship and Ryan Moore keeps the stock. its still only worth value when its sold FOR MONEY. The same thing he would get if he gets paid in a check.

If you sign a contract and you renig you don't get the money you were promised and in some cases must pay some back yes. Otherwise people would take the money and run! If he actually owns the stock as they say he will get every dime whether playing the clubs or not.

Does anyone know for sure what he has? I keep seeing words like apparently in this thread and I suspect that none of us have acutually seen the deal specifics. Did he buy the stock....did end up with shares as compensation.....does he actually have options that he can execute at a certain price under a certain set of conditions? It does not sound like we really know the deal specifics and as such don't know his obligations to the companies nor their obligations to him under contract. I am not even sure any of us are all that interested but unless we know then I would reserve judgement one way or the other.

Some enterprising reporter might ask him to explain these deals in light of his no sponsorship position as that answer by itself might be interesting.

Does anyone know for sure what he has? I keep seeing words like apparently in this thread and I suspect that none of us have acutually seen the deal specifics. Did he buy the stock....did end up with shares as compensation.....does he actually have options that he can execute at a certain price under a certain set of conditions? It does not sound like we really know the deal specifics and as such don't know his obligations to the companies nor their obligations to him under contract. I am not even sure any of us are all that interested but unless we know then I would reserve judgement one way or the other.

Some enterprising reporter might ask him to explain these deals in light of his no sponsorship position as that answer by itself might be interesting.

Like i said earlier that program with him on it is old, before he had any type of affiliation with any company. I don't hear that he isn't sponsered anymore so he may indeed have a contract but thats not how it was reported by Ari at scratch. Not sure why he would take a deal from them and not from ping, callaway or whoever. That is why i think he has the deal i'm talking about in that he owns the company and uses the clubs to promote them rather than being paid to just play the clubs. As i said he has stopped playing Scratch hybrids and putter and hasn't been "let go". He could just kind of have scratch over a barrel, so to speak, i suppose.

It could very well be the case that he gives up his shares if he doesn't play the clubs but like i said he doesn't promote himself as having no sponsors anymore so why was this even brought up?

Back