The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I want to know....but what happened?!

Last play of the game, Packers threw a throwback to Rogers who was tackled.

Flag on the field. Face mask on the tackle of Rogers. One untimed down.

Next play, 61 yard hail Mary for the fame winning touchdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hells yeah, my Packers pulled one out.

They pulled it out of somewhere, that for sure.

Just like a score card, does say how you shoot even par. A win is a win!

Last play of the game, Packers threw a throwback to Rogers who was tackled.

Flag on the field. Face mask on the tackle of Rogers. One untimed down.

Next play, 61 yard hail Mary for the fame winning touchdown.

You can't be serious.

Oh wait. It's the Lions...you are dead serious. Puke.

You can't be serious.

Oh wait. It's the Lions...you are dead serious. Puke.

It was cray cray.

Would you believe you were that close
View attachment 22741

Lol. Honestly I expected them to lose but like that? No! The game was over. Wasn't even a face mask, just typical of the entire organization. Get your hopes up that things are changing and then.... #sameoldlions

I've been relatively quiet since the end of the game. I was thinking of what I really wanted to post. Here it is:

Eff you Golden Tait

Lionsest loss ever.

Surrender cobra, activate!

thumbnail_2_e8ce8e0f_v3.jpg

Great weird play.
Hate once again that a really bad call changed the game. That should be reviewable.

Great weird play.
Hate once again that a really bad call changed the game. That should be reviewable.
ONLY way I'm OK with penalties being reviewable would be penalties called on the last play of either half.

ONLY way I'm OK with penalties being reviewable would be penalties called on the last play of either half.

It was the end of the game and it had huge season long playoff implications. The fact that a bad call cost a team a game with this much technology out there seems crazy. I understand human element and error and respect that it's part of the game, but this is so easily avoidable.

It was the end of the game and it had huge season long playoff implications. The fact that a bad call cost a team a game with this much technology out there seems crazy. I understand human element and error and respect that it's part of the game, but this is so easily avoidable.
I am in no way saying last night was a facemask. I'm also agreeing that review would have shown that the penalty overturned.

I'm just saying that I don't think EVERY penalty should be reviewable.

Coach said "I thought they were going to lateral not throw it deep, that's why Megatron wasn't in"... should be fired immediately, what a clown

Coach said "I thought they were going to lateral not throw it deep, that's why Megatron wasn't in"... should be fired immediately, what a clown

That is Jim Caldwell for you. I am not surprised.

I am in no way saying last night was a facemask. I'm also agreeing that review would have shown that the penalty overturned.

I think we are getting there very soon. They already have full time review officials up in the stands. Will there come a day that these video officials will review all plays as they happen and buzz down to the field if and when they deem a play has fault or foul? Can they do it where the NFL games are still at or around 3 hours (currently this year at 3hrs. 12 minutes). With the hurry up offensives out there now is it even possible to do without a team just running a quick play when they know it might be reviewed? Where will they go from here.

[video=youtube;HUWFj-hu4FY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUWFj-hu4FY[/video]

That's the issue with the facemask call, though. There was "some" very light touching of the facemask. On a QB that will be called every time.

Great weird play.

I saw the replay a few times last night and at one point thought his pinky finger pinned Rodgers face mask to his shoulder/collar but it was tough to tell. The fact that somehow his helmet got spun around on his head sold it to the refs. At one point his hand did make contact with the facemask although it didn't look like he grabbed it, maybe hit it only and that caused the helmet to spin around?.

That's the issue with the facemask call, though. There was "some" very light touching of the facemask. On a QB that will be called every time.

I'm not even sure the touching of the mask was seen. I have a feeling that the angle of viewing just showed his head suddenly turning with the defenders hand up near the area....almost an assumed facemask.

That brush should not be a 15 yard flag for personal foul.

I'm not even sure the touching of the mask was seen. I have a feeling that the angle of viewing just showed his head suddenly turning with the defenders hand up near the area....almost an assumed facemask.

That brush should not be a 15 yard flag for personal foul.

I couldn't tell to be honest. The angle of the facemask only showed where it started and couldn't see the facemask as it turned to the side. I thought there was a chance there was a finger still in the grill while the rest of the hand was on the pad.

It's a moot point if Detroit figures out how to knock down a ball that's in the air for about 70 yards.

I couldn't tell to be honest. The angle of the facemask only showed where it started and couldn't see the facemask as it turned to the side. I thought there was a chance there was a finger still in the grill while the rest of the hand was on the pad.

From all the replays I saw, I truly believe it was a slight bump/brush then nothing but the shoulder. But as a back judge (where the flag came from) and that angle it looked like a vicious facemask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back