Golf Bag of the future to Debut

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

On January 28th, 2010, LT Golf will debut the "Eazy Bag" at the annual PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, Florida. This is first cart bag that allows you to remove your clubs from the front of the bag and not have to pull them over the top of the bag as evidenced with traditional bags. This protects women, seniors and cart users from the stresses inherent in having to place and pull out clubs from the bag with your arm higher than your shoulder.

" The "Eazy Bag" was designed ergonomically to help solve the chronic problems associated with wrist, arm, shoulder and hand strain", said Dr. Tim J. Dylina, designer of the "Eazy Bag". "If you use this bag at least 2 times, you will never go back to a traditional cart bag!"

Lisa Dylina, the Drs. wife, has a history of these ailments and had the original idea how to solve them. She suggested the clubs be pulled out of the bag with the fingers and not have to be lifted up. Her husband, a golfer for more than 45 years, took over from there.

The "Eazy Bag" also has wheels and a removable handle to pull the bag from the car to the cart, a "muffin top" to protect your clubs from the elements without exposing the other clubs, and a removeable club shaft holder which snaps into the bag top and secures the shafts without rotational movement.

This bag may be viewed at Booth #914 under the LT Golf logo.
It may also be seen at LT Golf Bags - LT Company Profile.

Very interesting concept. Thanks for the info.

I'd like to see it in person. Right now, I can't see how it would work better for me.

I don't either. Gimmicky, but this is one thing that I don't see in my future any time soon. The wheels thing would be OK except I drive the cart around to the truck to load up.

Interesting concept. I think the idea of having wheels and a pull handle are good ideas, although I think the wheels look a little small. I look forward to the next couple of generations as they make improvements.

Now that I think about it a bag like Al Czervik's in Caddyshack ( Rodney Dangerfield's character) would be a better "bag of the future" Push a button the club shoots out, has a tap for alcohol, a stereo too. I think I will wait for that one to be released. :D

They also need to make a golf bag that doubles as a punching bag. Pretty much a bag that can withstand anger. That would probably benefit most of the people I play with that have hot heads and also be a good cardio workout for them.

I think this is a neat idea; but due to the way the clubs are held, it seems like the first bump you hit they have a good chance to jostle loose. This is purely speculation of course since i havent actually seen one in person.

They also need to make a golf bag that doubles as a punching bag. Pretty much a bag that can withstand anger. That would probably benefit most of the people I play with that have hot heads and also be a good cardio workout for them.

One of my brother's golf buddies is a hothead and also has a +1.5HI. He hits his bag with his clubs. After ruining quite a few bags, he stuffed one pocket with towels and makes sure to hit that spot.

I am excited to see this at the show because if it works I think it's a pretty good idea. I think it would be especially well received by the senior community. We have heard from so many senior ladies that they just simply can't carry their bag anymore and would love a bag on wheels, not a push car, but a regular golf bag on wheels.

this may be a good idea for short people, but if the simple act of pulling your clubs out of the bag is causing pain and discomfort then how are these people swinging a club?

It is a very good idea. There is an older man at DR who made his own club carrier, that works just like this one you are talking about, and for the same reason. Of course it does not look as elegant as the pictured model, but it does save him from having to lift his clubs up to pull or place them. He even incorporated a club locking mechanism into his to alleviate clanking of the clubs, and not having to use head covers. His also has removable wheels so that when he prefers to ride, his club carrier fits on a cart like any other golf bag. He has even made a few for his buddies who also suffer from "old timers" disease.

Very cool that a manufacturer has decided to make this type of club carrier available for others with physical challenges. :clapp:

If you have the "chronic problems associated with wrist, arm, shoulder and hand strain" -- shouldn't you not be doing something that can strain your wrists, arms, shoulders, and hands.

And how can someone play golf with those ailments anyway? If you can't lift a club out of the bag, how can you swing it?

Most of the senior golfers I see on the course, have a back swing that does not go past their shoulder, height wise. The gentlemen I spoke of, would have to raise his right hand higher than his shoulder to get his longer clubs out of his bag. This caused him some discomfort, so he alleviated that problem. All he does now is pull his clubs out of his carrier from a waist high position.

There are some chronic pains, or injuries that do not inhibit the golf swing. Myself over the years have had quite a few baseball/softball injuries that prohibited me from playing ball, but still allowed me to golf. I had an absolute terrible pain in my right shoulder that lasted for many months. For what ever reason swinging a golf club did not hurt. I had a minor whiplash in my lower back that was annoying, but did not hurt when I swung a club. Ripped up a hammy in my left leg. Part of the recovery therapy was walking golf courses while golfing, with no pain. :D

I really like the concept. I think this design in the "Revolver Pro" would be pretty cool. Revolve around to the club I want, snap loose and pull to me and slightly up. Sounds like a neat deal and easier to cover yet still get my clubs out in the rain.

Will it have a microchip in it to tell you at the end of the round what club, besides the putter, you used most often. :)

I would think the clubs will rattle next to each other while driving in this arrangement in my opinion. I think you would probably hit other clubs every time you put a club away.

I like someone trying to solve these kind of issues, but I think they should consider spacing the clubs differently.

Im still waiting for the bag like is in Caddy Shack where your chosen club gets shot out of the bag with compressed air.

I'm thinking my push cart wasn't designed for this much weight. :D
Im sure you would find out the hard way at the furthest point from the clubhouse. Its funny how push carts always break mile from your car.

Sounds cool.

Back