JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a "Go to Outfit"? You know that one that when everything is clean, you kind of gravitate to first.

Ive got a tan polo shirt and some khakis that are kind of my go-to outfit. Ive also got a tan Mizuno baseball cap that I wear with them.
I like those because thats what I wear most of the time when I play golf and I feel comfortable in them. If Im comfortable, my swing will be more loose and I tend to play better.
Last summer I bought a black Mizuno polo and I may look into getting some black khakis and a black Mizuno/Bridgestone/Precept baseball cap. I think all black would look pretty badass.

• Admin
You love the matching colors. If you were in the sand trap with the khaki shirts and tan shirt, nobody would see you....Just kidding.

You love the matching colors. If you were in the sand trap with the khaki shirts and tan shirt, nobody would see you....Just kidding.
True. Thats better than a green outfit though... I thought about red, but thats kind of a Tiger Woods thing and I think it would be kinda lame to follow that trend.
I might maybe look into doing a blue and white kinda thing, 'cause those are Mizuno colors. Blue cap, white polo, blue pants (and a blue and white leather Mizuno staff bag...LOL).

• Admin
I am a real golf style ho, so some of the companies that we have reviewed such as PAHR, Sligo, Travis Mathews, etc...have opened a new light to the different brands out there.

I just cringe at what some of that stuff costs.

I usually grab this mike weir shirt, because it's really thin material on hot days, but will probably grab this PUMA shirt now. The weir shirt is white and at the lower 1/4 of it has a weird light blue pattern with red lines running across. I'm usually wearing Black shorts or pants as well.

• Admin
I just cringe at what some of that stuff costs.

That is why I hit the sales at the end of the year before the new stuff comes out. For instance www.fairwaystyles.com has amazing sales right now. On some of the nicest stuff out there.

JB, I think that's why he joined THP. hehehe

That is why I hit the sales at the end of the year before the new stuff comes out. For instance www.fairwaystyles.com has amazing sales right now. On some of the nicest stuff out there.
Same here. I bought my Mizuno polo and Mizuno vest last October when they were on sale.
TGW has a pretty sweet deal on a Mizzie sweater right now. They list for $120 and I think the last TGW catalog I got had them listed for like $50 or $60.

Yeah I bought a bunch of PAHR golf stuff on sale for $29.95 last week.

It was not from them. But it was different clothes. I bought one of the shirts from them as well.

It was not from them. But it was different clothes. I bought one of the shirts from them as well.

When does Sligo, Quagmire, Puma etc all come out with new stuff on Fairway Styles Josh?

Soon. My guess is about a month. We will be speaking with them in the next couple of weeks and will be sure to ask him that.

I just bought a Mizuno sweater on TGW. $40 (regular price is $120).

I have my lucky golf pants--navy capris with embroidered crossed golf clubs and balls on them. Pink polo, matching belt, and I'm set.

white pants, for sure... I think own like 8 pairs

Black or blue shorts, Red or Blue shirt my wife found at Kohl's last summer is what I'll wear most often. This does not apply in winter.

Khaki Shorts for sure, I'm hesitant to play in slacks once it gets to cold for shorts

It would be like army golf. Sneak attack the mother nature so she couldn't do her worst on your shot lol

I pretty much only wear pants, very very rarely will I put on a pair of shorts... regardless of the weather. I've had days where my pants are soaked through... haha, funny site.

I just love to push the envelope with my clothing... people around here are pretty traditional so I rotate through a pair of white, black, red pants and now have added a pair of orange and key lime green pants this offseason

I usually go for a black hat, any color solid shirt, black Nike belt, and black SubSeventy pants, and either black Nike SP-8 TW or black Adidas Tour 360 3.0.

Right Now I am rocking a Groove MK II Subseventy shirt in white. Along with a Phresh Apparel White leather belt.

All given to me by the one and only: THP. Very stylish stuff. Using my golf shirts as everyday wear right now.

Ahhhh!!! Look at my post count.

Hurry and get to 1000 Dent. Glad you like the gear.

Back