edbh

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys, new member and first post. Great site, lots of good info and I have been reading. Planning to get a fitting next week at taylormade and was looking for some feedback from guys who have gone from a forged head to the R9 tp. I have been playing hogan apex pro's with #5 shaft for 7 years and thought it was time to get some new technology. I will have a much better sense next week after they are spec'd and I hit the club they put together but some feedback would be appreciated. I understand there are some TM forged irons coming in 2011 as well. TIA.

If you plan on waiting for new technology, you can always second guess what you want. Because with new release dates, there is always something new just around the corner. As of right now, it appears as though you are looking at a Spring release for the latter, so the question is are you willing to wait that long. And if so, are you going to be content with that when something else could be just around the corner.

I guess what I mean by that is that if you have hit the R9 TPs and like them, then I would say there is no reason not to get them. You are doing the right thing in getting fit and they are clubs that will be great for years to come. Very solid set of irons with a really good feel in my opinion.

thx for reply JB. I will know how I like them next week and will decide then. I agree there is always something new around the corner. Was just wondering how they compared to the forged I have been playing in terms of feel. The reviews have been very good.

I think you will know with one swing. I like the feel of the R9 TPs very much.

I love the TP's. I played a set of MP-60s for bit and the difference is night and day. I have been amazed with the forgiveness of the TPs and the fact that they still have such great feel. Definitely going to be in my bag for quite some time.

i love my TP's i think i get a lot cleaner contact with them and i love the topline

They still having epoxy problems or was that only a certain lot?

my R9's had a epoxy problem i haven't had any with my tp's and it appears to be just that lot

I absolutely love my R9 TPs, they seem to be really easy to hit with. And I just love the way it looks.

Back