Your Favorite Hybrids

HUGE difference. The shaft in the Mashie is considered by quite a few to be the best hybrid shaft made right now and it comes standard in the club.

+1

The shafts traveled with me from the Mashies. Best hybrid shafts I've ever played for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hybrids I've tried and liked are the titleist 910h and the callaway razor x tour. The mashie was ok, but upon reflection I realized that the difference is in the weight. The 910h has an 81g shaft and the razor x tour has a 75g shaft. I would love to try the tour/pro version of the mashie with the 83g shaft. But I can't find it anywhere. I would even consider buying one without trying it based just on the feedback here on THP.

Loving my G15 Hybrids. Tried the Mashie and it was incredibly sweet.

I hit the Nickent 6DT hybrid today into a net at dicks. It was the best feeling hybrid i have ever hit. I still want to hit the mashie before i make a decision.

Probably not the best thread to post in, but I'll post it anyways. I'm in desperate need of a hybrid, or so I think. I've never hit a hybrid. I have Nike vr driver and 3wood. Can kill the driver, 3 wood is less consistent, especially from the fairway. Both of these clubs i have set to combat my miss left if anything. R9 irons, starting at 4. So my thought is an 2 hybrid, kind of a gap between 3wood and 4 iron. I hear all the great reviews for the mashie, but my concern is the non-adjustibility since my bad shot is a pullish hook. So, the vr pro is also in the top running for me. I don't have a place to demo, so I'm kind of forced to place a blind order:( As for shafts, I hit stiff in driver and 3 wood since I can hit driver around 260-70ish. I'm not that long in my irons though, around 165ish with a 6 in a regular flex. I'm thinking a stiff in the hybrid though since it'll be graphite?? Thanks for any thoughts you might have!

No question for me. Mashie...hands down.

Serious golfers use Tapatalk.

I just ordered a Rescue R11 TP 21* that should be here this week. This will be my first hybrid so I hope I will love it. Testing went well.

Cobra Baffler TWS, so nice I bought it twice.

Last edited:
:cleveland: Mashie is the answer for me, just a wonderful club in all aspects. Howeve, if you are looking to get into hybrids and not drop alot of $$$ initially, then I would suggest the Nickent line. The 3dx, 4dx or 5dx are wonderful clubs with great technology. You can find them on ebay for not alot of $$$$

I have the Cleveland 09' Launcher 2i and love it. Easy to hit and goes about 210 yds for me. Easy from rough or fairway bunkers too.

There are three threads dedicated to THP member testing of the Mashie, Taylormade Rescue 11s, and the Taylormade Superfast 2.0 Rescue.

Give them a read.

I love my Bridgestone GC hybos. It was funny, at the demo day, Degoins picked it up, swung it a few times, and said "Whoa, check these out!".

Truetemper did a similar thing later. They were both (almost) disappointed after they hit them and realized I owned them!

I love my Bridgestone GC hybos. It was funny, at the demo day, Degoins picked it up, swung it a few times, and said "Whoa, check these out!".

Truetemper did a similar thing later. They were both (almost) disappointed after they hit them and realized I owned them!

LOL! That was yours? I was hitting it pretty good.

Mashie all the way

Look at the Pings too! Good, solid hybrids.

Merged with a pretty big thread from a couple of days ago.

hit the mashie today, easiest 200 yards ever...how can you not like something called "mashie"! beat all the pings (tried all 3 of those today)

mashie , mashie, mashie!!!!! swalllaaaaaa

Played with a guy today who had the old Nike sumo hybrid. I miss that hybrid, only one I could hit without thinking about it and the best Nike has ever made.

--
tapatalk

Mashie for me too! My second choice would be the Cobra Baffler. I wish I kept it....

Took the VR Pro 2h to the range today. First time ever hitting a hybrid. Was amazed with how easy is was to hit. I intend to leave my 3w to tee duty now. This hybrid should be great for long par 3s and second shots on par fives, or at least that's why I bought it. Seemed to have a great boring trajectory, which I like since there's a lot of wind in western CO.

Is a 4h significantly easier to hit than a 2h? Regardless, I think the 4 iron might be getting replaced by a 4h soon.

Since I've only hit one hybrid, VR Pro is definitely my favorite!

Love my Nickent 3dx RC hybrids. I have had them for two years and it will be hard to get them out of my bag. 3 and 4 hybrid, my group calls me Mr hybrid as I always find new shots to hit them with as I'm super confident with them.

Back