The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out my friend died in an avalanche over the weekend. Great girl, such a tragedy to lose someone so young and full of life.

Wow. How tragic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

russ, sorry to hear of the tragic news about your son's friend and your friend as well, Spivey...very sad, my sympathies to all.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Russtopher and Spivey. Sorry to hear such awful news. Theirs are with both you and your families!

Thoughts and prayers for your son Russ as well for you Dave.

Spivey and Russ sorry to hear about the loses. Thoughts and prayers for you guys and the families

Really sorry to hear the sad news from both Dave and Russ. Thoughts and prayers are out to all concerned for sure. Both such terrible losses.

JM

Sadly it looks like what we heard yesterday was true. My sons friend passed away on Friday night unexpectedly. His school is going to have grief counsellors on hand during the day, and the Y will have some at night as well. They're holding a family meeting for everyone who knew her and her father through the karate classes.

My son didn't take the news well at all :( I'm going to try and get him out of the house for a bit just to help him out a bit, give him some time to talk to me alone in the car.

I never want to have to tell one of my kids that a friend of theirs, just a child themselves, has passed away ever again. Ever.

So sorry Russ. You are a great father. Thoughts and prayers to all.

I just found out my friend died in an avalanche over the weekend. Great girl, such a tragedy to lose someone so young and full of life.
Dave, that's horrible. I'm so sorry for you. Thoughts and prayers to you and her family.

That's terrible news, so sorry to hear that.

Comcast "customer service" and billing. Someone tell me Direct TV (or something else) is better so I can move to it.
I have called directv several times pissed about something and the CS team has fixed it no problem. Always gone away happy. 6 years so far.....

That sucks Russ and Spivey, sorry for you both to be going through that.

Very sorry to hear this..

Sorry to hear about the losses Russ and Spivey. Thoughts and prayers to the families.

So sorry for your losses Dave and Russ. If you guys beed anything don't hesitate to reach out.

That's horrible Dave so sorry.

Russ, that's incredibly sad about your son's classmate. So sorry to hear.

Damn Dave - that's awful. So sorry to hear that...

Nothing's confirmed yet, but from what we've gathered, one of my son's friends from karate, the instructors daughter, may have passed away unexpectedly yesterday. She was 14. I am sick to my stomach right now.

That's awful Russ - no words to take away that pain...

Looks as if the drive shaft on my car needs replaced. Service shop wants $1,400 part can be had for about $630. Of course no one has one in stock that can be picked up today. Seems like a pretty simple replacement, if I could just get a hold of one.

Between this and a few other things, I'm stressed to the max. Ugh!!!!

My stay in California may not extend past this tour and my options after grad school are: Annapolis, MD, Millington, TN, OKC and possibly Lompoc, CA. So much for my San Diego plans :bulgy-eyes:

My stay in California may not extend past this tour and my options after grad school are: Annapolis, MD, Millington, TN, OKC and possibly Lompoc, CA. So much for my San Diego plans :bulgy-eyes:

the joys of military pcs. Good crew of THP'er near Annapolis and the whole DC metro area

the joys of military pcs. Good crew of THP'er near Annapolis and the whole DC metro area

Seriously. 6 months ago there were TONS of jobs in San Diego. Now there aren't any. I've already been scoping golf courses in all the areas though so it's all good :wink:

The Official Rant of the Day

When you realize exactly what type of person a parent is, and it's everything you hate.

Selfish, ungrateful, pessimistic, condescending, self-centered, egotistical.

Actually, I realized it around the age of 20, but it's gotten worse since time has gone on.

I've been to busy between with training and trying to get settled into the new area to have any time to spend on THP. Very bad time for all this to be going on while the PGA Show is going on.

Seriously. 6 months ago there were TONS of jobs in San Diego. Now there aren't any. I've already been scoping golf courses in all the areas though so it's all good :wink:

I know how that goes. One of the reasons I chose to jump after first tour. Tons of good courses out here in DMV that are within an hour drive of annapolis plus the academy course.

Ironic and minor rant. How odd is it being at the PGA Merchandise Show, causes me to miss the THP coverage of the show. I'm only one guy, they are an army of six that is killing it.

Spending several hours in the hotel room tonight getting caught up. It's funny seeing some of the same booths and people I spoke to, but they came away with such great content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back