European Soccer 2015/2016

Good match between Everton and Tottenham so far

Second half was stunning stuff. Draw was fair in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another high drama game in Spain. Valencia-RM 2-2. Red card, penalty and could go either way in the last minutes. So exciting to watch.

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule
All times Eastern.

Tuesday, January 5
Stoke vs. Liverpool (League Cup semi-final), 3pm, beIN SPORTS and fuboTV

Wednesday, January 6

Everton vs. Manchester City (League Cup semi-final), 3pm, beIN SPORTS and fuboTV

The second Everton-Man City game is the one we hope to attend on our trip.

I hope Stoke can get it done today and have a good chance in leg 2

Stoke 0 Liverpool 1 ugh still hopeful for Leg 2

Maybe an idea for blu if he and his wife have another?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-into-naming-their-new-born-baby-Arsenal.html

Arsenal fan tricks his wife into naming their new-born baby 'Arsenal'

Mischievous Gunner manages to christen his newborn daughter after Arsene Wenger's table-topping side

One Arsenal fan has gone to extreme lengths to prove his love for Arsenal. With season tickets at the Emirates still extortionately expensive to lay your hands on, it seems as though Gunners are being forced to show their support in new and surreal ways. Clare Smith of Blacktown, New South Wales, wrote into a popular daily magazine in Australia to reveal the red and white inspiration behind her beloved daughter's exotic name.

The unwitting mother seems to have taken a full two years to have noticed that her baby daughter's name is in fact 'Arsenal' spelt backwards. Fortunately for Clare, people seemed to think that Lanesra was actually quite a pretty name; cue the inevitable boom in 'Lanesras'.

The revelation comes just over a month after Olympic gold medallist, Mo Farah, admitted he was keen to name his fourth child after his beloved North London club. "I wanted Arsenal to be Hussein's middle name, but Tania wasn't having it," said Farah in an interview with Hello magazine.

With Arsenal favourites to remain top of the table and win their first Premier League title in ten years, do not be surprised if the culmination of the season sparks a wave of 'Lanesras' being christened across London.

Everton beats Man City 2-1 in the first leg.

FA Cup weekend

TV and Internet Viewing Schedule
All times Eastern.

Friday, January 8
Exeter vs. Liverpool (FA Cup 3rd Round), 2:55pm, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2GO

Saturday, January 9
Wycombe Wanderers vs. Aston Villa (FA Cup 3rd Round), 7:45am, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2GO
Arsenal vs. Sunderland (FA Cup 3rd Round), 10am, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2GO
Eastleigh vs. Bolton (FA Cup 3rd Round), 10am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2GO
Doncaster Rovers vs. Stoke (FA Cup 3rd Round), 10am, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer 2GO
Manchester United vs. Sheffield United (FA Cup 3rd Round), 12:30pm, FOX Sports 2 and FOX Soccer 2GO

Sunday, January 10
Oxford vs. Swansea (FA Cup 3rd Round), 7am, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2GO
Chelsea vs. Scunthorpe (FA Cup 3rd Round), 9am, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2GO
Spurs vs. Leicester (FA Cup 3rd Round), 11am, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Soccer 2GO

Thanks as always for posting Smalls. Going to have to DVR this game and watch it later on Saturday night.

Oxford beats Swansea City 3-2 in a major upset to advance. Don't know Oxford? They are 54 spots below Swansea City in the tables. Wow.

And Chelsea has their hands full full Scunthorpe. Chelsea is leading, but it is hardly convincing.

Tottenham/Leicester is an interesting match. The loser drops out of the FA Cup and can focus on the league.

And Chelsea has their hands full full Scunthorpe. Chelsea is leading, but it is hardly convincing.

Chelsea ends up winning 2-0. The announcers mentioned the goals are coming again and they are having fun. Yeah, against a team in the third tier.

Leicester goes up 2-1 on the Spurs early in the second half.

European Soccer 2015/2016

Oxford beats Swansea City 3-2 in a major upset to advance. Don't know Oxford? They are 54 spots below Swansea City in the tables. Wow.

I'm not sure how much non premiership football you've watched, but there isn't a huge drop off once you leave the Premier League. Plus the 3rd round of the FA Cup is famous for giant killing. The smaller teams relish taking on the big teams in a one off knock out match. Exeter and Wycombe were the 2 big results, although Liverpool were fielding a second string squad against Exeter, and Villa are so shite at the minute that I don't think it would have been much of a surprise had they lost (of course, both have replays, so both PL teams could still be out of the hat for the 4th round).

I'm not sure how much non premiership football you've watched, but there isn't a huge drop off once you leave the Premier League. Plus the 3rd round of the FA Cup is famous for giant killing. The smaller teams relish taking on the big teams in a one off knock out match. Exeter and Wycombe were the 2 big results, although Liverpool were fielding a second string squad against Exeter, and Villa are so shite at the minute that I don't think it would have been much of a surprise had they lost (of course, both have replays, so both PL teams could still be out of the hat for the 4th round).

Yeah, I know, but it's still something when it happens. The big teams don't see the small teams that often so they can't be as prepared as when playing the top tier teams.

There have been some massive upsets over the years. It's always great to see the over paid prima donnas struggle against lower league opposition. It's especially great when non league teams make it through to the 3rd round and you see part time footballers who hold other jobs play against the top players in the world. I remember when I was living in Farnborough and they were drawn against Arsenal. They got hammered, but the town was going crazy in the run up to the game. Third round is the best round in the cup IMO.

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule
All times Eastern.

Note: When there’s more than one Premier League match with the same kick-off time, one will be available on USA Network (on Saturdays) and the other(s) will be available on Premier League Extra Time. Premier League Extra Time channels are overflow channels available to TV subscribers who get NBCSN. All Premier League games are available via NBC Sports Live Extra.

Monday, January 11
Tottenham Hotspur U21 vs. Chelsea U21, 2:30pm, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra

Tuesday, January 12
Newcastle vs. Manchester United, 2:45pm, NBCSN
Aston Villa vs. Crystal Palace, 2:45pm, Premier League Extra Time
Bournemouth vs. West Ham, 2:45pm, Premier League Extra Time

Wednesday, January 13
Chelsea vs. West Brom, 2:45pm, Premier League Extra Time
Manchester City vs Everton, 2:45pm, Premier League Extra Time
Southampton vs. Watford, 2:45pm, Premier League Extra Time
Stoke vs. Norwich, 2:45pm, Premier League Extra Time
Swansea vs. Sunderland, 2:45pm, Premier League Extra Time
Spurs vs. Leicester, 3pm, Premier League Extra Time
Liverpool vs. Arsenal, 3pm, NBCSN

There have been some massive upsets over the years. It's always great to see the over paid prima donnas struggle against lower league opposition. It's especially great when non league teams make it through to the 3rd round and you see part time footballers who hold other jobs play against the top players in the world. I remember when I was living in Farnborough and they were drawn against Arsenal. They got hammered, but the town was going crazy in the run up to the game. Third round is the best round in the cup IMO.
I do like the 3rd round as well. Mainly because of the chances of a low level team hosting one of the giants.

1-0 down, Andy Carroll injured again and west ham turn it round to win 3-1. 5th in the league. COYI's

Looks like some (most) in Premiere Fantasy didn't set rosters for segment 2?

Barcelona can keep their 50 million Euros. Arsenal can keep Aaron Ramsey!

Less than 3 minutes later, Arsenal back behind.

...and level again.

How am I not watching this game? 4 goals in the opening 25 minutes?!

Didn't get to see it but Stoke got a nice Win today vs Norwich

Back