Played my first 2-man scramble of the season today in D.C.

Fingerz

Reaction score
Handicap
Snow!
We had a cold early morning start today at our Mardi Gras tourney. Each month the public course in D.C. puts on a casual themed 9 hole tourney. There are door prizes along with longest drive, closest to pin, etc. Today's format was a scramble and I played with a gentleman from England. I honestly think I've made a golf friend for life! After all was said and done, we shot one over par. A 37 out of 36 on the longest course (East Potomac course). I'm coming off elbow surgery and while I have practiced a little over the winter months--I have had to change how I now play. So I was glad to see my game wasn't too bad. Between the two of us, we kept all of our shots in the fairway. Between my driving and his short game, we had a really good day. I left feeling excited for Spring and a few 'serious' tourneys I'll do in a few months. I also enjoyed meeting a new friend that seemed to fall into sync, golf wise, very quickly. I just wanted to share. It was a good golf day!

Nice to hear it. A scramble is always great fun.

Nice Job. You should check out the DC/MD/VA thread. Lots of great guys from all over the area including at least one that actually lives in DC.

Lots of local get togethers.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Nice! Check out the regional rivalry thread. I'm looking for 3 to join us.

Back