How much would you pay to play.....

Lil bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Augusta certainly would be worth paying a lot for (me, $1200 or so). That said, I'm surprised that for a lot of the others the #'s are in the $200 or so range. There's lots of lesser places that get that kind of money (TPC Sawgrass cost me $275 or so). Frankly, I've spent $200-300 lots of times for good quality, but not historic, courses and, in hindsight, I had a good time and felt fine with what I spent.

Maybe I'm different, but I enjoy the game and the experience (and the company) more than any course I'd ever play.

If the opportunity came up to play any of those courses, I would more than likely jump at the opportunity....but more than just the course would factor in to how much I would pay.

I fully agree. To play any of those courses with three random people wouldn't do much for me. Playing with my buddies would be worth something.

Augusta National: 1000
Oakmont CC: 200
Firestone CC: 100
Shinnecock Hills: 200
Merion CC: 300
Muirfield CC: 100
Riviera CC: 200

I would possibly pay more for Augusta, I just know it's probably the one chance I would get to play.

Augusta National: $2,000 in tournament conditions
Oakmont CC: $500
Firestone CC: $250
Shinnecock Hills: $500
Merion CC: $250
Muirfield CC: $350
Riviera CC: $250

I would add
cypress point golf club: $500
secession: $350

How much would you pay to play.....

Whatever it costs, I highly doubt any of the rates they would set would worry me - unless one of the courses just went off the reservation with their rates. Pebble is $595 currently I believe and I think that's fair...I mean it's expensive as hell for golf, but it's a matter of supply and demand, and $600 isn't anything to be too worried about. Augusta would have the highest ceiling before I would have any hesitation.

Someone on the first page said "a few months salary" in regards to Augusta, which made me realize that I do indeed have a line on this....just not sure where that line is. I do know that for a few months of my salary they better name a hole after me and do a CBS special on me during the Masters weekend each April.

Depends on my financial situation, these days just not going to pay a lot to golf a course, not that it isn't worth it just that I value golfing a lot over golfing a nice course. That said I would cut my little toe off for a weekend trip to Augusta. The rest $200 sounds about right. Would most want to play Shinnecock though except for ANGC

In reality? The amount I feel comfortable spending on a round would never let me play any of those courses. But that's OK, too.

Augusta: $500
Pebble Beach: $300
Hideaway: First born, arriving in April

Similar with one exception after perusing the board for a monthish. As a Spartan, this should be no surprise.

To play Augusta I would probably pay $1,000. All of the other courses I would do $200-300.

Similar with one exception after perusing the board for a monthish. As a Spartan, this should be no surprise.
I see what you did there.

If I paid $1000+ for Augusta I'd make sure my score was 100+, to truly get the most out of the course :p
Hit all the traps and hazards.

Augusta National: In tournament conditions? Left nut
Firestone CC: $250
Shinnecock Hills: $400
Merion CC: $250
Muirfield CC: $350
Riviera CC: $250
Winged Foot: $300

Dax

I've never cared much about playing big name courses. That said, as a Clubcorp member I can play Firestone for cart fees though I haven't yet had the chance to play there.

I'm with you. Anything over $75 to $100 and I'm not really interested. Lots of great course's in my area you can play for less, and that is good enough for me.

Right now I can only think of two courses that I want to play are Hideaway and Royal Melbourne. Hideaway because well it is the home of the Grandaddy. That should be enough. Royal Melbourne not sure why have always liked that track. Not sure what I would pay to play Melbourne and hopefully I can play Hideaway for free this year.

I'm with you. Anything over $75 to $100 and I'm not really interested. Lots of great course's in my area you can play for less, and that is good enough for me.
That is one of the only good things about golf in the midwest. Growing up in San Diego $75 on a weekend doesn't get you nearly as much compared to out here.

I was fortunate enough to play shinnecock and national golf links in the same week for free. It was a while ago, 1985. I didn't appreciate it then like I would now. I'd pay $300 to play either course now. I remember NGL was a more difficult course.

Greens fees are certainly one cost but then there's travel too. I'd love to get to New Zealand to play Cape Kidnappers someday and the cost of getting there will make the greens fee seem like nothing (although their greens fees aren't cheap). Of course, I suppose I'd do something other than golf when I am there (my wife will insist).

id20800pic3.jpg

For Augusta I wouldn't pay over $500, mainly because the course most likely won't be in the same condition as we see it on TV. If I got to play right around the Master's, I'd pay a heck of a lot more.

The other courses listed, I probably wouldn't go over $200 for a round.

I personally don't have a number for any course, if it's someplace I want to play the price really isn't an issue for me. With that being said I don't really have a Bucket list of courses I'd want to play and I would always look for a deal whether is Pebble Beach or the local muni, I try and pay the least amount I have to.

I would consider $250 to play Augusta or Cypress Point.

I've been lucky enough to play a few PGA courses - Pebble($54), Medinah(free), Castle Pines(free), TPC Scottsdale($125) but I don't have a "bucket list" of courses I want to play. I'm of the opinion that no matter where you go there are great golf courses to be played for $150 or less so why worry about playing a "name" course?! It's golf no matter where you are.

Augusta National:$2k
Firestone CC: $150
Shinnecock Hills:$1k
Merion CC:$750
Muirfield CC in OH or Scotland? In OH, 200 in Scotland, whatever they're charging.
Riviera CC:$1000

And I'll add:

Cypress Point: 2k

It sure is a lot of money to play a round of golf at some of these places, but for the places where I'd pay a premium, I believe it would be an experience that would be worth it.

Man these are really on the high side!

I think the highest I could go is $500 and even $1000 for Augusta

Augusta National:$500
Oakmont CC: $150
Firestone CC: $150
Shinnecock Hills:$150
Merion CC:$150
Muirfield CC:$200
Riviera CC:$150

This is sounds about right.

One of the issues I see here is that most people would play I've $200 with no problem. I'd assume most are above that anyways for their guest fees. Anyone only willing to pay under $175 will more than likely not get the chance...

Back