Cobra King Forged Irons Preview

I know the King Forged Tec are the talking point right now, but I'm still eyeballing these beauties.
Yep, I'd kill for some extended time with them.

I love the move back to the big logo on them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are really good looking irons! I would just strip the paint fill

These are really good looking irons! I would just strip the paint fill

Would it wrong to paint fill them Volt???

Would it wrong to paint fill them Volt???
Whatever floats the boat! Volt might actually really stand out. Add in the lime green utx grips!

These are still on my intrigued by list.

The black with off orange is just in time for Halloween. But seriously they are quite good looking. Designer gets an A+

Really look forward to seeing/hitting these in person. Those black heads are gorgeous.

Really comparable to the Apex in a GOOD way.... Now let's see if the LEFTY nation gets to NOD?

-David

i'm kinda interested in a combo set. forged tec 5-6, king forged cb 7-8, king forged mb 9-pw. but the ar in me would need everything the same color.

i'm kinda interested in a combo set. forged tec 5-6, king forged cb 7-8, king forged mb 9-pw. but the ar in me would need everything the same color.
We think similarly.

I want to hit the Forged Tec. BAD. They sound like my perfect iron.

These irons showed up at my local Golfsmith this weekend. I hit the Forged TEC, and they're amazing.

The easiest way I can describe them, they're what the new Apex should have been. Amazing clean looks, that soft clicky forged feel and sound, but with even more forgiveness than the Apex thanks to the weighting.

These will be my next set of irons, period.

These irons showed up at my local Golfsmith this weekend. I hit the Forged TEC, and they're amazing.

The easiest way I can describe them, they're what the new Apex should have been. Amazing clean looks, that soft clicky forged feel and sound, but with even more forgiveness than the Apex thanks to the weighting.

I have not hit these nor the new apexes, what makes these better than their counterpart in your opinion?

I have not hit these nor the new apexes, what makes these better than their counterpart in your opinion?
If you're looking for forged feel with a ton of forgiveness, the old Apex delivered it. These new KING Forged TEC do also. The new Apex failed at that forged feel--Callaway added the cup face to it and now they're just like any other club.

So you liked them, eh?

Seriously, these sound amazing!

great feedback! pondering this whole line hardcore.

Interesting thoughts. It's funny how subjective 'feel' is, as I'd always say that the 'click' of cast (of the past) was what turned me off. Different metals, different sounds, different "feel"

I can't wait to hit these for myself to see what you're raving about. They sound perfect.

What makes them so forgiving in your experience?

If you're looking for forged feel with a ton of forgiveness, the old Apex delivered it. These new KING Forged TEC do also. The new Apex failed at that forged feel--Callaway added the cup face to it and now they're just like any other club.

I've it all three clubs and felt the old apex didn't feel any where close to forged. The Kings and new apex felt great. I was shocked at how good the Kings felt but I wouldnt place one above the other. As for a forged feel, they didn't feel like blades in the least. Very forgiving and high launchers.

Interesting thoughts. It's funny how subjective 'feel' is, as I'd always say that the 'click' of cast (of the past) was what turned me off. Different metals, different sounds, different "feel"

I can't wait to hit these for myself to see what you're raving about. They sound perfect.

What makes them so forgiving in your experience?
Probably the big weight plugs in the base. Same concept as lots of other clubs, put weight out at the heel and toe down low. They just did a great job of packaging that up and making it look nice.

I hit some *bad* shots while testing, a few really thin that took of and went *far* and a couple that were waaaay out on the toe. They went way right like you'd expect, but they also went decently far (20-30 yds short of a clean hit). Anything anywhere near the middle of the face took off and went straight-ish like you'd expect from a GI iron.

Basically I was seeing typical GI iron performance, but with a feel very much like the 2013 Apex.

Interesting thoughts, as I'd say anything "clicky" doesn't come off as soft or forged to me at all. To me, anything that has an audible click to it is the opposite of soft.

Interesting thoughts, as I'd say anything "clicky" doesn't come off as soft or forged to me at all. To me, anything that has an audible click to it is the opposite of soft.
Odd, I've never seen anybody hit a golf ball and make no noise.

Maybe clicky to you means something different, I just mean it has a sound and feel *very* similar to the 2013 Apex, which I personally love.

Odd, I've never seen anybody hit a golf ball and make no noise.

Maybe clicky to you means something different, I just mean it has a sound and feel *very* similar to the 2013 Apex, which I personally love.

Yea I wouldn't call those Apex's soft either. What I want from an iron is a more solid sound, such as a "thwack" noise upon impact. If an iron clicks, like the 714 AP2's, they come off as harder feeling to me. If you hit most MB's solidly, you typically won't here a sound that would be described as a click. It's more solid sounding, and thus sounds softer IMO.

I've given up trying to understand or relate feel to others. I've got it down to two categories: good and bad.

I've given up trying to understand or relate feel to others. I've got it down to two categories: good and bad.

Hey, you stole my scale!

Back