Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Just submitted my USGA membership for myself and Jacqui. The cost is $15 for a single, $25 for dual membership. There are other levels of membership for additional cost. We get the following (and I assume we both get what is in bold - - - I know we each get a bag tag - - - because those by themselves are worth the membership cost):

• Latest edition of the "The Rules of Golf"
  • USGA Championship Annual and U.S. Open Program publications
  • Personalized USGA bag tag, Member ID and Member Handbook
  • Preference over the general public to apply for USGA Championship tickets, including the U.S. Open
  • The USGA Insider E-newsletter
  • Special Member Discounts on merchandise from our catalog and online store
  • Exclusive Members-only U.S. Open Hat
  • Volunteer opportunities at USGA Championships
  • Discount car rental pricing at Hertz.
  • Special USGA Member only rate to any 1-day ESPN Golf School Program.
  • Just added! USGA Members can now purchase the TROON Golf Card at a discount.

Can I ask what the cost is Small?

It does not include your index?

Oops, thought I put it in. It was $25 for both of us. $15 for single membership. I'll fix my OP.

I got a thing in the mail today, which is why I went to the USGA website to check out dual memberships.

It does not include your index?

Maybe one of the pricier memberships does, I don't know. But that's not listed on the one I got.

This is seperate from the GHIN... I am a member because they made me feel guilty, "for the good of the game"

The bag tag is cool... but not to rain on your parade the hat is really, really cheap. I have never received a free gift that I can actually wear, fits really strangely on your head and I have a fairly averaged size head

This is seperate from the GHIN... I am a member because they made me feel guilty, "for the good of the game"

The bag tag is cool... but not to rain on your parade the hat is really, really cheap. I have never received a free gift that I can actually wear, fits really strangely on your head and I have a fairly averaged size head

Hey now, THP sent you stuff you can wear. hehe

Not really something for me, but glad you found it.

Maybe I should have asked whether I should have done it or not. Live and learn!

But I can send it all back if I decide it's crap, so what the heck.

Heck Smallie,
The bag tags are fun, and you might be able to use some of the other stuff.

Not to be a downer, but what is the point of buying this?

Maybe I should have asked whether I should have done it or not. Live and learn!

But I can send it all back if I decide it's crap, so what the heck.

Heck Smallie,
The bag tags are fun, and you might be able to use some of the other stuff.

If anything the bag tags are a cool addition to your bag. I have 5 or 6 in my bedroom.

What's the point... well, there really isn't one. Your money goes to a lot of different places I guess. I think there is some community work, some of their money goes to the Superintendents of America to work with research regarding course management and environmental impacts.

They send me great grocery shopping list pads for free. I sometimes feel like I ought to join, just for that. But I don't think it's really even aimed at individual members.

They send me great grocery shopping list pads for free. I sometimes feel like I ought to join, just for that. But I don't think it's really even aimed at individual members.

Yah, forgot about that stuff! They never sent me grocery lists... they send me envelope labels. The USGA must be sexist...women shop for groceries, men pay the bills

interesting...

only playing Claire! please don't kill me

:beat-up:

It's funny, today I got an envelope in the mail from the USGA. Membership is $10, includes the 2009 Bethpage US Open hat and the little notepad was in there. I might do it, that hat looks like it would be worth the $10.

That's what I got MO. But I did it online.

Don't you also get a calendar with pictures of some of the more attractive US courses? My friend is a member and gets one of those each year, which is the reason I was considering looking to join.

that's more than likely an upper tier membership... I always get the basic which comes with the bag tag, the rules book, some random useless magazine, and the free hat.

That's the $50.00 Membership WSE. You get the calendar, a years subscription to a magazine and a ball mark repair tool in addition to the regular membership.

Ah I didn't realize my buddy was moving in such high falutin golf circles! I'll have to screw with him about that.

Mine just came in the mail too.

But did you notice DD, that Mo-Hacker also does the grocery shopping?

By the way, mine came with a grocery list too.

Back