Testing Irons for THP

They are bent 1° upright. I always thought I was standard, but I just recently learned how to use a tape measure properly. As for the shafts, I went with the extra-extra-stiff to increase seriousness.

I love the serious level. So you self fit yourself? I need to learn how to do that too. Cool, look forward to your results pondering.

I love the serious level. So you self fit yourself? I need to learn how to do that too. Cool, look forward to your results ponderings.

I just pulled static numbers off a chart after taking measurements. We don't have a place to go get a fitting around here and I had to get the specs in a pretty time short period. If they aren't right, I will have to get them adjusted somewhere. It seems to make sense that I was playing irons that were too flat b/c I miss out on the toe most often.

I just pulled static numbers off a chart after taking measurements. We don't have a place to go get a fitting around here and I had to get the specs in a pretty time short period. If they aren't right, I will have to get them adjusted somewhere. It seems to make sense that I was playing irons that were too flat b/c I miss out on the toe most often.

That would make sense. Did you make your own little lie board?

No, they was static numbers. I actually forgot this, but I asked Andy for his input as well and he agreed with them. Obviously a board would be preferred, but this will be a good start.

And shouldnt be too difficult to get them adjusted either. Hopefully you got it all right and you hit everything dead on center, straight and long. @hawkthehacker in the house

The stock grips are gp tour velvet which are very good grips, just bad in the rain. I requested aftermarket grips but I don't expect them, I just didn't know.

The stock grips are gp tour velvet which are very good grips, just bad in the rain. I requested aftermarket grips but I don't expect them, I just didn't know.

which grips did you request?

Multi compounds, Ive since switched all my clubs over . I love the tour velvet uncorded but they are terrible in the rain.

Multi compounds, Ive since switched all my clubs over . I love the tour velvet uncorded but they are terrible in the rain.

I found that if you have a wet weather glove(s) for that kind of weather, the grip performs just fine. I won a pair of nike weather gloves and I have no issues with slippage during the rain. You are absolutely right about them being terrible in the rain with regular gloves.

Since we are talking grips in the 2.0 thread...

Did you guys request aftermarket grips or just give a size? I was not sure what to do, so I requested Winn PCI since I have one on a hybrid and really like it.

Like Hawk, this is my first set of irons that are "fit" to me. I am looking forward to seeing how that changes the game!

My GolfTech "coach" is a TM staffer and he had all the promotional material on these- so that came in really handy for coming up with my specs.

I ordered +3/4", upright 1*
The CBs come with the DG XP shafts so if I got the CB's I requested the normal DG's because of ball flight issues. The pro also wanted me in flighted shafts so I put that request in, though I am not holding my breath on that one.
For the grip I asked for Multicompound (new decades) +1/32 because thats what the pro told me to do. I like the decade grips though, so hopefully that was an option!

I found that if you have a wet weather glove(s) for that kind of weather, the grip performs just fine. I won a pair of nike weather gloves and I have no issues with slippage during the rain. You are absolutely right about them being terrible in the rain with regular gloves.

I love rain gloves! I have trouble playing without them when its real wet out.

Yah I tried the foot joy ones and they were absolute garbage. I like the Nike ones a lot but they were still pretty slippery .

Yah I tried the foot joy ones and they were absolute garbage. I like the Nike ones a lot but they were still pretty slippery .

Got ya! I have actually been thinking about making the switch to ND MC's myself. I am a sucker for the colors ya know?

That's pretty sweet that you got to have a TM staffer's input on everything, Gus.

Got ya! I have actually been thinking about making the switch to ND MC's myself. I am a sucker for the colors ya know?

same here, but I always balk at the price. Perhaps when I get my gripping station set up I will go for it. Pretty sure I am going to try pure grips first.

That's pretty sweet that you got to have a TM staffer's input on everything, Gus.

Yeah that is very convenient, I'm really thinking of getting some lessons next year, would be nice to have a pro that I can talk to and bounce ideas off. Let alone fix my swing.

same here, but I always balk at the price. Perhaps when I get my gripping station set up I will go for it. Pretty sure I am going to try pure grips first.

Yeah, I know what you are saying. You can find some deals on eBay. I want to mix and match. Light blue on driver, Yellow on 3w, red on my irons and green on my wedges. I think this is going to happen on my next regrip.

Like Hawk, this is my first set of irons that are "fit" to me. I am looking forward to seeing how that changes the game!

My GolfTech "coach" is a TM staffer and he had all the promotional material on these- so that came in really handy for coming up with my specs.

I ordered +3/4", upright 1*
The CBs come with the DG XP shafts so if I got the CB's I requested the normal DG's because of ball flight issues. The pro also wanted me in flighted shafts so I put that request in, though I am not holding my breath on that one.
For the grip I asked for Multicompound (new decades) +1/32 because thats what the pro told me to do. I like the decade grips though, so hopefully that was an option!
So you're the difficult guy that has all of US waiting on these then. Hmmmm, I got it now! :wink: (I kid of course) (kinda)

Since these are coming from CA, I'm wondering who will be the first to get them. I also wonder if we will know they have shipped or if it will be a surprise.

Since these are coming from CA, I'm wondering who will be the first to get them. I also wonder if we will know they have shipped or if it will be a surprise.
Best hit up the boss for that info, he's probably purposely avoiding this thread until he knows so we won't bombard him with questions!

Best hit up the boss for that info, he's probably purposely avoiding this thread until he knows so we won't bombard him with questions!

lol, yea I keep hoping he will break down and come tell us some good news hahaha. I know he told us he'd let us know when they shipped, but you never know with him.

If it's anything like it was with the Burner 2.0s he'll get his first and post up some in hand pics, once that happens we should be close to getting ours. Again...IF it's like the 2.0s were, hard telling for sure.

my conspiracy theory was once he released the info and pictures of them they would all show up on our doorsteps that day. That clearly was not how it went down.

I pulled up to the house tonight and Erica had a box in her hand. LOL, it was not the irons. Instead, it was a Christmas present and she quickly hid it.

I pulled up to the house tonight and Erica had a box in her hand. LOL, it was not the irons. Instead, it was a Christmas present and she quickly hid it.

Ouch.
I know I won't get mine first- so I'll wait until this thread explodes before I get excited

Back