Tattoo's who has one, who wants one, and

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
who is afraid to get one?

I have a few, some tribal art with a wolf in the center, indian arrowhead, beaded armband with some feathers & couple on my back which aren't for prime time as they show the naughty bits. Most of them I got about 12-15 years ago during a particularly bad time in my life, not sure I would get all of them if I had to do it over.

How's about anyone else?

No tattoos, Id like some though.
Ive always wanted to get tattos that cover my arms. On one side Id have it depicting hell (with demons and flames and what not) and the other side with heaven (angles, clouds, etc..).
The theme sort of depicts balance and that there is no such thing as good or evil, just endless shades of gray. Human beings are imperfect and we are all capable of either extreme.
I have this fear of needles though, so I dont know if I will ever get that tattoo.

on my chest... conway family crest

Photo20.jpg

Did it hurt to get all those freckles tattooed on your chest? hehe

No tattoos. Don't want one and will never get one! Not afraid to get one, just don't want them on me!

I've nothing against them, and I've considered one for myself. I just haven't come up with anything I really want permanently imprinted on my body.

My wife's got a few discreet tattoos, they're girlie, and she likes them.

I've nothing against them, and I've considered one for myself. I just haven't come up with anything I really want permanently imprinted on my body.

That sounds like me GB, plus I have a feeling once I started I would end up with two full sleeves. Just not sure it would be a wise move on my part.

on my chest... conway family crest

Photo20.jpg

You take that pic in the mirror?
-looks like the writing is backwards

I dunno about tattoos. I quite like the idea of some (not big ugly ones though). Problem is, once it is done its permanent. And i am pretty sure i wouldnt like it in 5-10 years time. So i wont get one

No tattoos. Don't want one and will never get one! Not afraid to get one, just don't want them on me!

Ditto Smallville...I have no interest in tattoos period. I just don't think they look very nice. Each to their own.

You take that pic in the mirror?
-looks like the writing is backwards

I dunno about tattoos. I quite like the idea of some (not big ugly ones though). Problem is, once it is done its permanent. And i am pretty sure i wouldnt like it in 5-10 years time. So i wont get one

I pulled it off the photobooth app on my mac... it says "Ciarrai - Oilean Dhaibrhre"

Kerry - Valentia Island.... it's where my grandfather is from in Ireland. I spent two summers there when I was younger.

I love Tattoos. I have been tattooed 10 times and have a total of 8 on me. I told my artist that anywhere that I am not sun tanned is free game. This way I still look like a golf pro and still enjoy the skin art.

Got a couple but all in low key locations(ankle, hip), won't be getting anymore of them. I grew up with several friends that became tattoo artists.

I pulled it off the photobooth app on my mac... it says "Ciarrai - Oilean Dhaibrhre"

Kerry - Valentia Island.... it's where my grandfather is from in Ireland. I spent two summers there when I was younger.

Hope this doesn't happen to you DD! Now that it's permanent! LMAO

[YOUTUBE]shp2bdHEAAc[/YOUTUBE]

It's the commercial where the father and son go to Norway to trace their roots and get to where the records are kept and they find out they are Swedish! hehehe

It's the commercial where the father and son go to Norway to trace their roots and get to where the records are kept and they find out they are Swedish! hehehe

haha! yeah, it's a TINY island in the Dingle Bay region of Kerry. Beautiful, beautiful island... quiet for sure. I spent three months on the Island twice during high school.

What no one thinks about is that tattoos don't age well.

My uncle was in the navy during the Korean War and got tattoos all over his arms. I tell you, after 50 years, they don't look so great. Ink fades, skin sags. Not attractive.

My uncle was in the navy during the Korean War and got tattoos all over his arms. I tell you, after 50 years, they don't look so great. Ink fades, skin sags. Not attractive.

yeah, I am not going to be too concerned about what I look like when I am 70years old! I keep mine hidden, on the chest, high arm... I want a LOT more work though. I'd like to fill in the other side of the chest, have the clavical areas worked on...

True, but the technique has changed so much from those days, I don't think my grandfather's navy tattoo's looked that great to begin with.

And aging skin still droops.

I'll stick with my kids' temporary tattoos, thank you very much.

Heck, I remember awhile ago sitting through a meeting with a fellow who had some mark on his earlobe. He was trying to convince me of something, and all I could do was wonder whether it was a mole or a piercing. You don't want this sort of stuff to be a distraction.

And aging skin still droops.

I'll stick with my kids' temporary tattoos, thank you very much.

Heck, I remember awhile ago sitting through a meeting with a fellow who had some mark on his earlobe. He was trying to convince me of something, and all I could do was wonder whether it was a mole or a piercing. You don't want this sort of stuff to be a distraction.

yup... that's why I'll stick the Yakuza style. They look great in suites but deep down, bad ass guys

I've considered getting a hidden one but...I'm just too on the fence. They hurt your chances for work as a performer which is a big something I have to consider.

They hurt your chances for work as a performer which is a big something I have to consider.

And like it or not, if everything else is equal, is an employer going to hire someone with tattoos showing or someone who at least has them hidden if the job involves dealing with the public face-to-face? Same with piercings. Tattoos also, right or wrong, still have a prison connotation.

I like the way a good tattoo looks, don't get me wrong. I just prefer them on other people!

I'm thinking of getting one. The one I'm thinking about getting even if 50 years I shouldn't be ashamed of getting. I'm going to get a cross and crown of thorns. On the cross I'm going to have John 3:16 "engraved". Has lots of meaning to me.

I dont have any and dont think I will get any. But there was a few I wanted when I was younger. I wanted a Anchor on my arm and a Schooner on my chest, I was never in the navy but I always thought they were cool. I wanted a mural of Tommy Lasorda on my back. Eveil Knievels X-2 rocket on my leg and a Eskimo harpooning a whale on my belly.

Back