Odyssey Black Tour v. White Ice?

vicar

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone hit both of these putters? I'm leaning towards the Black Tour, but primarily because of it's looks.

which model? Lots of different ones out there.

which model? Lots of different ones out there.

any model i guess ... just how each corresponding model compares ... ie the black tour 9 v. white ice 9 ... black tour 2 v. white ice 1 (both are anser models) ... etc ...

I have hit the sabertooth in both and love them both. The black ice have a softer insert for some of the new balls that are coming out. There is a $50 difference between the two and I don't really think I am good enough to really notice a whole lot of difference. I had the origional sabertooth and am looking at going back to it.

I have hit the sabertooth in both and love them both. The black ice have a softer insert for some of the new balls that are coming out. There is a $50 difference between the two and I don't really think I am good enough to really notice a whole lot of difference. I had the origional sabertooth and am looking at going back to it.

golf is a funny game ... i've hit the sabertooth and the balance is extraordinary ... better than any blade i've used ... or two ball ... probably any club ... just feels like you have complete control over that putter ...

but i just can't get used to the shape ... and hence don't use it even though it would probably save me a few strokes :banghead:

lol oh well ...

I think the shape is kinda cool. Did you know that the diameter of the putter is the same as that of the hole?

Wait....they make a Black Tour model of the Sabertooth?? Are we talking about the Black Tour that are the milled putters w/ the tungsten weights?

I also thought it was White Ice, not Black Ice. I'm lost.

:confused2:

Anyway, I have the original Black Series #3. They are excellent. I like the all steel versions better than the Black i which has the insert. Everyone that has putted w/ the Black Tour has loved them (from what I've read).

It is White Ice and Black Tour. I do not believe they make a Black Tour Sabertooth right now. I have inquired about a Black Tour #7 and one is not on the horizon.

I have the White Hot XG Teron, which is similar to the sabertooth. Very soft insert, much different in everyway than my Slotline. Good putter.

It is White Ice and Black Tour. I do not believe they make a Black Tour Sabertooth right now. I have inquired about a Black Tour #7 and one is not on the horizon.

Your absolutely right my fault, I got them confused.

callaway night is this weekend (friday and saturday) at all golf galaxy stores ... supposed to be some "exclusive offers" ... hope that just means good prices : ) if the black series putter qualifies for one of these exclusive offers ... i'll be sold ...

wundej yeah i have an original black series too (i got the anser style though) ... anyway prefer the black series to any putter i've tried ... only reason i'm getting the black tour is because it seems so similar to the original black series ... and i'm a sucker for this new black finish ...

ps don't know who has a golf galaxy near you but this friday and saturday "each golf galaxy store" will be giving away a upro, or a jaws wedge and white ice putter ... nice!

I'm going to pick up a Black Tour #4, it rocks sweet and just a beautiful looking putter.

callaway night is this weekend (friday and saturday) at all golf galaxy stores ... supposed to be some "exclusive offers" ... hope that just means good prices : ) if the black series putter qualifies for one of these exclusive offers ... i'll be sold ...

wundej yeah i have an original black series too (i got the anser style though) ... anyway prefer the black series to any putter i've tried ... only reason i'm getting the black tour is because it seems so similar to the original black series ... and i'm a sucker for this new black finish ...

ps don't know who has a golf galaxy near you but this friday and saturday "each golf galaxy store" will be giving away a upro, or a jaws wedge and white ice putter ... nice!

I will be in Denver on Friday for the golf expo and we are going to GG afterwards...so thanks for the info...I am looking forward to it.

Did you get a chance to stop by GG? I stopped by Friday night but it was before the Cally rep showed up so they didn't have the Black Tour. Did your store have any of them there?

I have one of the new Black Tour Designs #9. Absolutley love the looks. I admit the looks had me at first glance, which was here on THP. I had a little affair with the White Ice version a few times at GG but it just didnt feel right. Not sure what it was. But this one is fantastic. Feels great and it lines up pretty good too. But real golf has been hard to come by with all the snow so Ive had little actualy green time to roll it. Just carpet time. The one negative might be the head cover, it seems to fall off easily.

White Ice

White Ice

I had a black series and switched to white ice, it is way better than the Whit hot xg and the insert is fantastic. I think for the price you can not beat it

I had a black series and switched to white ice, it is way better than the Whit hot xg and the insert is fantastic. I think for the price you can not beat it

The older Black Series not the new Black Tour?

Back