adidas Golf Introduces Traxion Lite Shoes

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

adidas Golf, an industry leader in performance apparel and footwear, has unveiled TRAXION® LITE as the latest member of its GOLFLITE Collection - a line-up engineered to be both lightweight and extremely comfortable.

The key to the functionality of the new TRAXION LITE is the unique sport-styling, ultralight materials and adidas exclusive technologies which provide soft and durable performance at an accessible price in the rapidly emerging spikeless footwear market. The TRAXION LITE delivers the perfect blend of athletic style, comfort, and all-around performance.

TRAXION LITE features spikeless Advanced Traxion Technology, which utilizes permanent gripping elements to promote superior grip, stability and comfort while preventing spike marks. Advanced THiNTech low-profile technology brings golfers closer to the ground for improved stability, power transfer and balance throughout the golf swing.

TRAXION LITE uses FORMOTION outsole technology, which offers decoupled zones in key areas, allowing each zone of the shoe to move softening the heel strike for a much smoother and natural feel when walking.

"We've seen the spikeless market grow as the golf footwear category continues to evolve and are able to engineer products that provide everything a golfer needs in a shoe without sacrificing performance, style or comfort " said Dave Ortley, Senior Director of Global Footwear. "Throw in the fact that TRAXION LITE is competitively priced, and you've got an all-around excellent value."

TRAXION LITE is offered with a one-year waterproof warranty and carries a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $80. It is available now at retailers in an early release colorway, white/university red/black, with two additional colorways (white/satellite/metallic silver, and white/white/black) releasing on February 1, 2011.

2027950.jpg

I love the spikeless shoes. Not only are they comfortable but also my feet does not have the tender spots associated with my wearing traditional type golf shoes. I know for a fact Adidas will get some of my buisness.

really like the looks of these shoes. $80 is a fantastic price point for those not sure about a spikeless shoe option for themselves

Sweet! It's amazing how Adidas continues to bring it with everything they produce, with their form and functionality I am never left looking at shoe thinking "It looks great, but feels horrible" or vice versa. Let's just hope it comes in wide :)

Thats a nice looking shoe if you want to go with the sport look and at a very good price point too

Im gonna definitely take a look at these. I like low profile!

They may not look it at first but these are sneaky serious.

I really like the look of the shoe to wear... but just not on the golf course.

i do have a question for those of you that wear shoes like these, and other "sport" type shoes. do you find it difficult to wear them with pants? i struggle wearing my 4.o sports with pants. i think it looks weird or is it just me?

Most Adidas golf shoes to me look weird when you try to put them in outfit. I would maybe wear white 360 & few other mostly white model shoes but for some reason the black,brown, or most of others just don't look right to me. I loved the Tour Metals but after that I've never bought another pair of Adidas shoes.

I do! Unless they're the wider style shoes. Like the Nike Anthom's.. I think they look great with pants.

i do have a question for those of you that wear shoes like these, and other "sport" type shoes. do you find it difficult to wear them with pants? i struggle wearing my 4.o sports with pants. i think it looks weird or is it just me?

I think this is a shorts only shoe. They just wouldnt look right with pants, IMO. Too much going on

just you buddy imo.

you could prob get away with wearing black pants with these but that's about it.

These types of shoes are great if you like to walk the course. They wear almost like a running shoe, but have extra support in all the right places. I'll be taking a look at these when they hit the shelves.

It's just you :p

Nah, J/K, the color combo is the deciding factor for myself, for example the ones pictured in the OP I couldn't wear with pants. Yet my 4.0 Sports I love with pants, white, black or gray bring on the color rainbow! To me they work because of the muted colors make them less "athletic-y"

I have often felt the same way, TC. I usually wear standard saddlbacks or solids when I wear pants. Not just you... but maybe just you and I.

I have often felt the same way, TC. I usually wear standard saddlbacks or solids when I wear pants. Not just you... but maybe just you and I.

i'm glad to know that i'm not alone.

I'm a fan of the classic golf shoe, call me old school (28yrs old) but the gym shoe look takes away from the game a bit.

I like these, next year I'm planning to walk a lot more then I did this year and something like this looks like it would be very comfortable.

Back