The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really dude? Hmmmm. From an ambassador of THP and The Morgan Cup. As well as a Captain of this event and one that spoke so highly of this event in the hope that it takes THP to the next level, I expected more.

Behind the scenes we talk of growth and what it means to you, taking off the minute growth starts would not be the best way to gain said growth.

Clearly I wasn't being serious, but I can also admit that while I am all for growth, the constant "let me get my posts in" in the same ridiculous threads is going to get old. I can live with it.

I'm shocked that you thought I was being serious to be honest with you.

Sorry Hawk, time to be more positive, how about this I can't wait to meet you all in less than 2 months. I'm getting pumped to get to the outing and have a great time with all the great people I have met on the site.

CB, you are one of the first timers I'm most excited about meeting. You've really embraced the THP spirit dude. You are going to LOVE the outing.

I saw a guy break his golf club today. The course was packed, as the weather was nice. So our 3some was right up the rears fo the 4some in front of us and they were the kinds of guys who were out there for the comraderie, the cigars and the beer. I have no problem with that whatsoever. 3 of the 4 were actually somewhat decent but the one guy was struggling. He had a bad slice and had trouble with hitting the ball fat all the time. At any rate, he peeled a drive off on number 3, then proceeded to peel like 4 more tee shots off, then he literally snapped his driver over his knee.

I chuckled.

I just couldn't imagine doing that. Just aim left dude!

See the post I made earlier about there own thread, it was just a joke but it might be useful. :banghead:

A minute after I finished reading this I go into the Hunter Mahan Contest that has been over for weeks with a new post saying "Im In" I thought I was calm but those are two words I don't wanna hear ever again.

A minute after I finished reading this I go into the Hunter Mahan Contest that has been over for weeks with a new post saying "Im In" I thought I was calm but those are two words I don't wanna hear ever again.

I just read your comment. I laughed out loud and left you rep. That was great.

CB, you are one of the first timers I'm most excited about meeting. You've really embraced the THP spirit dude. You are going to LOVE the outing.

I just couldn't imagine doing that. Just aim left dude!

Thanks Hawk I really appreciate that.

I just read your comment. I laughed out loud and left you rep. That was great.

Like I said before I take those kinds of posts as attacks or personal towards me or THP for some reason. It's just like people come on here begging for free stuff. Doesn't make any sense. Perhaps they were given the wrong idea.

Clearly I wasn't being serious, but I can also admit that while I am all for growth, the constant "let me get my posts in" in the same ridiculous threads is going to get old. I can live with it.

I'm shocked that you thought I was being serious to be honest with you.

Yeah it will get old. But with kindness and open arms, THP has grown incredibly much over the last 2 years. Guiding them to the right areas, starting good threads, bumping good threads and welcoming them all is always what separates this site from the rest. I have almost 40,000 posts. I bet over 3000 of them are welcoming every single member that comes to THP. Why? Because we do look at this as a family and community, and want everybody to see that about this place. But when it starts to become a "chat room" its hard to then go back and create serious events such as the one we have planned.

I hope others see just how wonderful most of hte people can be on here.

Dude the Jeremaih Taylor guy is everywhere right now with one word posts on every thread he can find. I'm almost having a good time seeing where he pops up next, anyone want to take some bets?

Same guy posted Congrats in the Count thread.

I know these guys are trying to get their posts in, but please, look where you are posting and what you are posting and make it appear relevant.

Yeah it will get old. But with kindness and open arms, THP has grown incredibly much over the last 2 years. Guiding them to the right areas, starting good threads, bumping good threads and welcoming them all is always what separates this site from the rest. I have almost 40,000 posts. I bet over 3000 of them are welcoming every single member that comes to THP. Why? Because we do look at this as a family and community, and want everybody to see that about this place. But when it starts to become a "chat room" its hard to then go back and create serious events such as the one we have planned.

yeah, you're right. You know how much I like to talk about golf and all things golf. I'll be ok.

This is my favorite post of yours since I joined the site, and I did for the very reason you stated, it seemed like a family who loved golf, were friendly and mature and wanted to have a good time. I think all this crazyness will be over soon and the site won't change as long as JB, GG, and all the other great contributing members we see here every day remain on the site.

I hope others see just how wonderful most of the people can be on here.

Oh, I guarantee you have at least that many there, GG too. And I know a lot of members go out of their way to welcome everyone who checks in too. It's part of what makes this place unique.

We definitely don't want this place to turn into a chat room; there's plenty of other golf forums that are little more than a chat room.

I'm really excited to see who stays Loyal to THP and who leaves after March 15th. It's just a true test of who is just here for the contests and who really appreciate this place.

A wet noodle to whoever pms that guy to try to keep it one thread, or at least make some sense when posting. Any takers?

A wet noodle to whoever pms that guy to try to keep it one thread, or at least make some sense when posting. Any takers?

I kind of like to try and deliver a quick stern post (as you saw) to people with the pointless one-worders that make no sense at all. I didn't recall in JB's Morgan post:

Criteria:

You must make 500 idiotic posts in under 4 mins.

I'm really excited to see who stays Loyal to THP and who leaves after March 15th. It's just a true test of who is just here for the contests and who really appreciate this place.

I think we will have a few. I hope anyway.

Yeah, we hate it when we get active members that post a lot. How awful would that be for whatever the reason.

We set a lofty goal at 500 posts to qualify for something. That means activity. People complain when we set it at 10 posts and people jump in and post 10 and then leave. Now we set it higher and might get some wonderful people out of it, and you complain about that too.

Some people do just want a chat room I think.

At least it gives us something to laugh and joke about. Its quite funny actually. Gives me a good laugh.

Yeah, we hate it when we get active members that post a lot. How awful would that be for whatever the reason.

We set a lofty goal at 500 posts to qualify for something. That means activity. People complain when we set it at 10 posts and people jump in and post 10 and then leave. Now we set it higher and might get some wonderful people out of it, and you complain about that too.

Good lord man, my post was a joke. I mean a wet noodle? Come on, I was just messing around.

I wonder what happens to the contest when you set the post number at 10,000! That would be some crazy posting from active members.

Good lord man, my post was a joke. I mean a wet noodle? Come on, I was just messing around.

I dont care if you were joking or not. How are your little "lol" posts any more important than someone else that is new?

Treat new members with respect regardless of how new they are and some of them may turn out to be great people at this forum.

I wonder what happens to the contest when you set the post number at 10,000! That would be some crazy posting from active members.

Either that or only a few of us could enter. And JB and GG aren't eligible, and some are gone, so I say do it! hahaha

I think at this point we should get back to the regular banter and drop the previous subject. It's been beaten to death.

I dont care if you were joking or not. How are your little "lol" posts any more important than someone else that is new?

Treat new members with respect regardless of how new they are and some of them may turn out to be great people at this forum.

Talk about putting words in my mouth. I never said my posts were more important than theres.

Talk about putting words in my mouth. I never said my posts were more important than theres.

I suggest you walk away from this conversation without having to try and get the last word here....I strongly suggest that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back