junior lefty

High School Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.6 OOB
I'm wondering if a pullcart is necesarry for my age. I read somewhere that carrying too much can be bad for a growing spine. I am a junior by the way. My last bag made my back sore after nine, but with my new bag, Nike Collegiate, I can walk 18 with no soreness at all. Also, is it legal in middle/ high school play? I've never seen anyone use one in my middle school league, and I plan on joining my high school's team next year. I know I can during course tournaments, but any help on the school issue would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No reason not to buy one if it makes the game more enjoyable for you. I don't know if it would be tourny legal. You should probably ask one of the coaches if you can.

I'm wondering if a pullcart is necesarry for my age. I read somewhere that carrying too much can be bad for a growing spine. I am a junior by the way....

I read the same thing about too much weight on a young spine. Specific to golf, I saw that a few months ago in Golf Digest. Generally speaking, I once read a story about the weight kids are carrying in their backpacks these days at school and how it's leading to bad backs. Also, another thing I read is that you'd want a push cart to avoid the twisting forces on the back that comes with a pull cart. I have a push cart myself (ClicGear) and love it. For me, anyway, it's much more enjoyable than carrying a bag (but then, I'm old :smile:). See if there's a course in your area that rents a good cart (one by me uses Sun Mountain pushcarts) and give it a try!

Good luck.

BTW, the Pinemeadow Command series was the first set of clubs I owned. They were great for the price. Hope you're enjoying yours. :good:

Thanks. I'll probably get one even if I'm not allowed during school matches.
I am enjoying the pinemeadows. I didn't like the driver, but I love the three wood and irons.

Second the recomendation for a push cart. I have had both and a push cart is way better in my view.

I was pretty surre I wanted a push cart and this helped thanks.

My wife just bought me a ClickGear 3.0 for an early Christmas present and I will never carry again .I do not have any clue as if you can use them in school matches , but you should ask your coach and see if he knows or can get you the information .

Get a push cart.

I love my pushcart. Can I carry my bag, yes. But, like so many others have said, the push cart is much easier on you than the pull cart. AND if you do need to "pull" it up the hill, if you get the right cart with the right handle, you can pull it up big hill when required.

I am going to buy a push cart today, just for the exercise... I usually use a buddy's cart for no charge, but I think walking would be a lot of fun

Get a push cart. No reason to do damage to your back. Carrying that much weight around will have a lasting effect. I know from experience. I wish I would have used a cart when I was younger.

Sorry, but I have one last question. Will the Nike stand bag that I have fit on one? Sorry if this is stupid.

If it has a flat bottom to it it should work , I just bought a new Nike Sasquatch tour bag and it works fine on my cart , even with the flipper tab to push out the legs ! It also has the 2 little bungie straps built into the lower part of the bag to hold the legs to the bag also .

Ok, thanks a lot everybody.

I have a Clicgear 2.0 and I love it. The features on the 3.0 make it even better. Your back will thank you.

Sorry i dont any thing about that cart ( looks alright ) , but I do like the adjustable handle , because I like mine in the lower position , as my click gear has the drink holder and I can set the handle in my stomach and still push while I unscrew the cap off my water as I walk . :D

Just got this http://uprightracr.com/

Love it. My clubs stand up, easy to push, easy to get at my clubs.

$129.00

I use the Sun Mtn. Micro as it's just plain awesome. Folds up very small to fit in the smallest trunks with easy, has all the gizmo's I want and a good amount of storage space.

Something silly to remember about push carts: Get one with a brake for those times you're on a steep hill. No brake = no dice unless you play in an area that's pretty flat.

Sorry i dont any thing about that cart ( looks alright ) , but I do like the adjustable handle , because I like mine in the lower position , as my click gear has the drink holder and I can set the handle in my stomach and still push while I unscrew the cap off my water as I walk . :D

LOLOL. I thought I was the only one who pushed thier cart their stomach. I let go of my clicgear on hills and it rolls forever and hasn't once fallen over. But, it also has a handbrake to lock the cart into position if you're ball is lying on a hill. I also see a ton of the Sun Mountain carts at my range, but I went with the ClicGear because of the size and price. I picked mine up as a reconditioned cart off of their website directly, $139. They still have the 2.0 model on there.

Wow, I might have to get that 2.0. That's a great deal for $139. That was pretty hard to find though, they might want to make it a little more visible.

Back