Should the bag match the equipment?

moosejaa

Mr. Inconsistent
Reaction score
Handicap
For some reason I always felt if you were going to get a bag whose brand also makes equipment that at least something in the bag should match, even if it's just the golf ball. Had a friend just give me a really nice Cleveland Staff Bag. I'm currently not using any Cleveland equipment and almost feel funny using it. Am I being silly or does anyone else feel the same way? Thanks

I dont think you are silly, some people feel the same way as you.

I would have no problem gaming a staff bag from any OEM, however.

Sounds like a switch to the Q star golf ball is required :).

I personally don't like playing a golf bag brand with none of the equipment to match. I've done it in the past, and it always felt funny. That being said, I really don't think twice when I see someone else doing it.

I used to think the same thing, but since my equipment is a grab bag of what I have, I go with what bag I want.

Right now, its a Cleveland Black staff bag.

I used to share this opinion, but no longer. If you like the design or look of something (a bag, an umbrella, etc.), I say rock it. The more addicted I come to golf, the more I like to change equipment and try things. A bag keeping up with that would be almost impossible (and why I now have 6 golf bags on the porch).

I personally don't like playing a golf bag brand with none of the equipment to match. I've done it in the past, and it always felt funny. That being said, I really don't think twice when I see someone else doing it.

Was already thinking about a Srixon golf ball or some Cleveland Wedges :)

Only if you want it to. There's nothing wrong with rocking a fancy bag, and it definitely doesn't matter if you have a single club of that company in there or not. As long as it meets the needs, all that matters

Was already thinking about a Srixon golf ball or some Cleveland Wedges :)

Both?

But like I said before, I have never so much as looked twice at anyone whose bag doesn't match.

I played a Tour Edge bag for a long time, and always wanted a Tour Edge club to put in the bag, problem is I never hit one I liked.

Just get the matching headcovers. That'll be extra pro.

I have a TM bag with no matching TM equipment (the Spider is currently not in the bag). I can understand though how it would bother the OCD-ness in a person.

No. The bag does not have to match anything, there's some companies that makes good bags and no clubs, and some companies that do offer both makes some darn good bags.

If it's an equipment company, then yeah I'd probably prefer to have at least one club from that company, but honestly it doesn't really matter. My bag is Maxfli, so I don't worry about. I did at least try some Maxfli U/3 balls, but didn't like them (swiss cheesed too fast, felt nice though).

My bag does not match anything in it. So no, the bag does not have to match the equipment.

I just put Sumitomo tires on my car. Can I rock the Srixon bag now? :alien:

Go with what makes you happy. I personally don't see myself ever having all matching gear, so my Sun Mountain bag is perfect. If it said Ping or Taylormade on it, I would not care that I don't have any of their gear in it, but some people might.

Too funny. Have been having this debate with myself for the last 3 months in pursuit of a new bag. I ended up purchasing a Titleist bag, and I game the ProV1x so I guess that's alright? I hope to be grab a 913D2 though just to be doubly sure.

Staff bags match everything.

I like it to match but don't notice if someone else doesn't. If it's a nice bag use it.

I say use what you like and appeals to you. With that said most my equipment is TM and I have 2 TM bags so I probably need to follow my own advice more. I do own a nice older Ogio that I still use on occasions though.

Nope. It's all golf equipment. If I liked and got a good deal on a bag, I'd rock it just like if I used any other piece of gear.

Apparel is another story, though. But I'm not going to get rid of my bag, which has served me ably for years, just because I might get new fairway woods, which currently do match my bag.

I have a Callaway cart bag that I got for cheap and the only thing that matches it is my umbrella.

It really doesn't bother me not to match since I'm on a budget so I was really looking more for function than style

I know this does bother some people but I don't give it a consideration. If I like a branded golf accessory or apparel piece I just roll with it. My bag is a jumble of manufactures anyway and my branded apparel is all over the map too. I have a "Ping" shorts/shirt/hat combo I wear but don't have any of their equipment in my bag.

Sometimes I'm a bit of a OEM must match type of guy, but this isn't always the case. Plus, that doesn't always work. I have an Oakley golf bag that I have used for years, but alas I don't own one single Oakley golf club. lol

It doesn't matter to me how other choose to mix/match, but it does bother me to have one club manufacturer's name on the bag if I don't have any of their clubs in said bag. I will generally stick with a brand like Ogio or Sun Mountain so that the bag manufacturer doesn't clash, but that's just one of my mental issues.

I don't like having a bag that doesn't match either that is why I have only had Sun Mountain and Ogio bags so I don't have that problem.

I personally can't believe this is a topic up for debate, ha. Who cares what brand your bag is? One of the most popular bag manufacturers is Sun Mountain, and while they do make bags for some suppliers that also make equipment, they themselves don't make any equipment and are still very popular.

Back