JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure most of us have seen this advertised on TV.

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Premiering Monday at 8 p.m. ET, GOLF CHANNEL's interactive instructional show The Golf Fix will be much more than a forum delivering swing tips. Hosted by renowned golf instructor Michael Breed, the snappy fast-paced half-hour show will feature viewer participation to not only address technique and golf skills, but also to broach subjects ranging from golf terminology to history.

"It's going to be a show that will have a lot of movement and will cover many things," said Breed. "Fans will be able to learn about their game and THE game."

Shot live at GOLF CHANNEL studios in Orlando, Fla., Breed will review the best and worst shots from the previous weekend's tournament action and demonstrate to viewers how to execute those shots as well as take questions from e-mail and callers. In addition, players from professional and celebrity ranks will make appearances on The Golf Fix to discuss their game.

I'm kind of looking forward to this. I've set the DVR.

I am as well... I am tired of real small and quick fixes with Leadbetter and his annoying voice. Haha

The half hour part makes me nervous. That means it's only 20 some minutes...I wonder how much they'll just gloss over.

• Admin
Did anybody watch it? It seemed a little rushed for my take, but it was different and entertaining.

I missed it but I'm sure I'll catch it on again sometime before the next episode.

I didn't like the format at all. They wanted to make it seem live, but clearly it wasn't since they had captions on the screen for what he was about to cover.

Plus, you're going to answer a question like "How do I get more distance from my driver?" in 30 seconds by saying "Take a wider stance and turn your back to the target in your backswing"?

I'm no teaching pro, but I bet amollerud would say it ain't that simple.

Entertaining but too frantic for me for teaching. I'll keep watching.

I watched, didn't take much from it except that Jim McMahon is a redneck that should be playing Murder Rock with John Daly.

I watched it and I though it was OK. Its difficult when you are doing live TV and Im sure it will only get better and more polished over time.

I watched it, and enjoyed it, but don't think much of it as furthering its status purpose as a golf learning show. It was entertaining though and I'll watch again. As to what I learned, it was (i) that McMahon is a bit of an ass -- the barefoot thing with sunglasses at night was very odd, and (ii) that Breed really panders to celebrity (but that's a rant of mine I won't bore you with here). Nonetheless, it was a fun little 30 minute repast.

I tried it. Not my thing. He's way too fast and, while I think you can simplify things a little bit, he took it too far on the bunker question. "Open the face and swing hard." Really? That's it? So, nothing about ball placement/stance/etc.

True. I personally get a lot more out of, "Playing Lessons".

Tonights show is all new and it will feature Charles Barkley.

I like the show!

I like the show!

Really? Watched the last episode and it was kind of like repeatedly running my knuckles across a cheese grater. The more I watch him, the more I don't want to watch him.

"Put an old shoebox right here and that will cure your slice! Alright, next question?" :banana:

I enjoyed this one last night. The "Tiger Woods" episode I guess you would call it.

I am 50/50 on the show. Like a few of his ideas, but for the most part he doesn't explain all the facets on the shot and talks to fast.

I was going to watch this show, but haven't even seen one yet. I guess I can't watch everything!

The whole time I watch it, I cant get over why he keeps taking off and putting on his headcovers. I mean, if he is trying to keep a fast pace, why not keep them off?

I get all the show names mixed up since I just have it on and it seems to repeat itself. What was the one with Samuel L. Jackson on yesterday? That had some helpful tips for me that I wanted to work out this weekend.

I get all the show names mixed up since I just have it on and it seems to repeat itself. What was the one with Samuel L. Jackson on yesterday? That had some helpful tips for me that I wanted to work out this weekend.

You're probably talking about Playing Lessons, I think I saw on the guide that the episode with Jackson was on yesterday.

Back