Wilson FG tour golf ball

capt.dru

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone game this ball? If so how do you like it? Pros? Cons? I tried one ball that I had from a sample pack from Edwin watts and lost it after 7 holes. I really liked it but I wanted to get some other opinions before I bought a dozen. If there is a review on it please post a link as I was not able to find one on my phone.

I played it a little bit this past week (the new version). I liked it quite a bit. I will have more on it coming up this week.

Thanks JB I played that one ball and really liked it as well. Hit my longest drive with it at 310. Almost drove the green on that par 4. I would just like to hear some more reviews from those that have gamed this ball longer. Thanks again.

I can provide some feedback. I have used this ball almost exclusively for the past 1 1/2 years. In my opinion a really great all around ball. My driver swing speed is around 100 and comes off the driver really nice for me. For me it is longer and straighter off of the tee than a prov1. Mid irons have a nice medium/high trajectory for balls to do a 1 hop and not really go anywhere. On short irons I am not really one to want the ball to spin back. I just want it to go where I aim and this ball accomplishes that nicely. It will spin enough to pull the ball back if that is the shot you are trying to hit, but not like a prov1 for example. Where I really enjoy the ball is the feel for putting and chipping. It has a nice soft feel with an almost tacky cover. I much prefer to chip/putt this ball over a prov1. It is definitely a ball I think more people should try. I think some may like it well enough to game. Also I have noticed that it is a fairly durable ball. I generally get a couple of rounds out of one ball. As you use it, however, the white gets more "off white" and loses its new look. I am also testing out the FG Tour X to see if I like it better or not. It is a bit firmer but seems longer off of the tee.

Last edited:
I just ordered 3 dozen of these (blems) for $33 after playing 1 for about 9 the other day. Lower spin off than most tour balls, a bit lower compression and nice spin off the short irons and wedges, feels nice off the putter as well. Now that i'm losing less balls/round these should last me the summer. It will be going head to head vs my TF Gamer V2's.

I bought a dozen and played 36 holes on Saturday. I really liked them. They compare or are a little better than the bridgestone B330 rx for me. They are a about 5-10 yds longer and will hold the greens really well. I would have to agree that they really shine from 100yds and in. I also like the feel when putting. I gave my buddy 2 to try out and really liked them as well. Now if I could keep from losing them it would be great, but that is another story. LOL!

Funny, I was and still may give the bridgestone bb330 rx a try as well. But I have been so happy with the FG Tour I haven't had enough motivation to do so yet. A very underated ball in opinion. I would say the only thing lacking is on very short chips they will spin a bit less than balls like a prov1. They have good spin but from the chipping comparison I have done with a prov1, it spins less on these sorts of shots. I tend to like the ball to release to the hole, so I actually prefer how to chips. It bites and then rolls out a bit.

I've been using the FG Tour for a while. I just got a new box of the yellow ones a couple of months ago. The FG spins more than the 330RX and is more similar to the 330RXS regarding spin. The FGs feel soft and lively without being mushy. It has a good feel on the putter too. Durability is good. I played 18 with one and hit the cart path and a tree branch. There were no gouges or shredding on the cover, only a spot where the paint had rubbed off. I know from experience that a pro v1 would have definitely had more damage.
I haven't tried the new higher compression version yet, but for me the regular FG is about the right compression for me. I don't know what my swing speed is, but i drive about 240 and hit a 7 iron about 145.

they have yellow FG Tours? sweet.

hello unappealing yellow.

FGTour_Yellow_Ball_Front_render

While the yellow is unappealing, I'm going to have to try these out (in white). Some nice thoughts in here - sounds like a really solid ball.

Yeah, it's not the best hue of yellow, but it is easier to see than white in most conditions. The best yellow, i think, is the one the 2012 Pinnacle balls. It's almost a glowing neon yellow. Srixon yellow is not bad either.

I'm not sure what Wilson were thinking with that photo - in real life they are nothing like that colour. Much more like the bright yellow/green of the Z-Star

I just ordered 3 dozen of these (blems) for $33 after playing 1 for about 9 the other day. Lower spin off than most tour balls, a bit lower compression and nice spin off the short irons and wedges, feels nice off the putter as well. Now that i'm losing less balls/round these should last me the summer. It will be going head to head vs my TF Gamer V2's.

I played this ball a few times last year, and liked it. I bought 4 dozen of the same deal - should be set for a looooong time.

Where did you guys find this deal?

I tried them for the first time yesterday. Initial impressions were good. I hope to get 18 in today and get a little more familiar with them..

How are the blemishes on the balls? Will they affect performance?

No idea, guessing it wouldn't affect play-ability or performance, but that's just a guess. Doesn't really matter to me as i'm not a stickler for little details like that, especially for something that I will be smashing the crap out of.

No idea, guessing it wouldn't affect play-ability or performance, but that's just a guess. Doesn't really matter to me as i'm not a stickler for little details like that, especially for something that I will be smashing the crap out of.

Good point! Lol

How are the blemishes on the balls? Will they affect performance?

Supposed to be cosmetic blems so in theory should not affect performance at all. I'll let you know how they look when I get the shipment on Thursday.

Supposed to be cosmetic blems so in theory should not affect performance at all. I'll let you know how they look when I get the shipment on Thursday.

Mine will be here tomorrow and I'll be hitting the range tomorrow during lunch as well.

Any updates on the blemished golf balls? Am really interested if they are worth buying or not as I am not one to buy blemished goods no matter what it is.

I don't know about blemishes because I did t see anybody g wrong with any of the first dozen I opened. I used 1 today on the back 9 bit played Los poo, not the balls fault as I hadn't eaten anything all day and lost it on the back 9.

I really liked the ball but will report back on it Sunday or Monday.

I tapatalk better than I tapaputt.

I've been using the FG Tour for a while. I just got a new box of the yellow ones a couple of months ago. The FG spins more than the 330RX and is more similar to the 330RXS regarding spin. The FGs feel soft and lively without being mushy. It has a good feel on the putter too. Durability is good. I played 18 with one and hit the cart path and a tree branch. There were no gouges or shredding on the cover, only a spot where the paint had rubbed off. I know from experience that a pro v1 would have definitely had more damage.
I haven't tried the new higher compression version yet, but for me the regular FG is about the right compression for me. I don't know what my swing speed is, but i drive about 240 and hit a 7 iron about 145.

Is FG Tour longer/as long/shorter than 330RX? The 330RXS is shorter but spins alot more into and around greens and isthe ball I'm currently testing along with penta tp3.......tp3 is shorter but higher launching than 330rxs.......feedback please!!!

Back