Open Championship Contest & Official Thread [Spoilers]

Enough with this stupid argument, fellas!

I like Adam Scott. He seems to enjoy being a professional golfer. That's just my perception of the guy.

This is BS, even woods came out and said Stevie wasn't a racist, it was a poor choice of words at a really bad time. Let it go dude.

I'm not holding on to it. You don't have to be a rascist to make rascist comments. Why do people always use that defence?

A couple things for the record: this is my first time ringing this up (apparently it must've been beaten to death?), and I don't dislike Adams because of his caddie (that would make no sense really)

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

As was said before...just because Scott didn't fire SW after his comments doesn't mean he tolerated them, in fact he made statements against those comments and they had a long discussion about it.

SW, wouldn't have been asked for comments had TW not fired him for no reason other than he was trying to "clean house to prove he wasn't a scumbag"!

How can you say he was cleaning house to prove he wasn't a scumbag? If he was trying to prove he wasn't a scumbag why would he fire somebody for no reason? That argument doesn't make much sense to me.

Oh, for Pete's sake, don't start with the "tolerate racist rants" crap again. Go to the well and grab another bucket, cause that lame excuse doesn't hold water.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Because leveling half witted racism claims, against a guy that NEVER said a thing even remotely close to being insensitive to anyone, is a lame excuse to justify not liking a person. I mean, it's really scratching the bottom of the barrel. Adam denounced the comments his employee made, and outside of firing the guy, handled the situation about as well as it could of, being tossed in his lap like it was.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Enough with this stupid argument, fellas!

I guess I don't see it the same. I don't think it's a stupid discussion. The question right now isn't about whether Stevie is racist or if his comments were. It's about whether Adam was wrong for keeping him on the bag.

I guess I don't see it the same. I don't think it's a stupid discussion. The question right now isn't about whether Stevie is racist or if his comments were. It's about whether Adam was wrong for keeping him on the bag.

I just think that if people want to debate about AS keeping SW on the bag, it should have it's own thread instead of mucking up this one. The argument IMO has no bearing on what actually happened in this major tourney.

Precisely. Actions speak louder than words. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If the buck stops somewhere, it should stop at him

Honest question. What has Adam ever done wrong? Other than not win as much as he appears to have the potential to do?

I can't tell you, something about his actions and manuerism makes me think he'd be a class a a-hole.

I just don't like him, and didn't want to see him win.

There are some ppl that just give a bad vibe and he's one of them, I could be completely wrong I apologize if that offends you I guess?

Sent from my iFun using Tapatalk. I should be working...

I'm not sure what's more unbelievable, the tournament I just watched or the fact that in the aftermath of the tournament people aren't talking about the tournament but about a caddy in a context that had 0 to do with said tournament.

This is why most sports talk radio sucks

Anyways back on topic,

I had:

Ernie
Tiger
Gmac
Poulter

Maybe?

I just think that if people want to debate about AS keeping SW on the bag, it should have it's own thread instead of mucking up this one. The argument IMO has no bearing on what actually happened in this major tourney.

Except that this thread is full of comments about people don't like AS and them hoping he wouldn't perform in the tournament. I asked why people would have an issue with Adam. And that's how we go here. It does seem like whenever somebody with a belly or long putter wins, things go all WRX and silly posts happen.

Wow, can not believe I just fell asleep during the final round :banghead: I guess getting up at 4am to go golfing wasn't such a great idea haha. Congrats to the Big Easy! I have no chance in this contest so congrats to whoever wins.

Anyways back on topic,

I had:

Ernie
Tiger
Gmac
Poulter

Maybe?

I sucked. Lol. Rosey sucked. Westy sucked. Bjorn sucked. G-Mac is the only horse I had in the race.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I'm not holding on to it. You don't have to be a rascist to make rascist comments. Why do people always use that defence?

A couple things for the record: this is my first time ringing this up (apparently it must've been beaten to death?), and I don't dislike Adams because of his caddie (that would make no sense really)

Because people assumed that SW knew about all of Tigers affairs and helped to cover them up....that's why

Anyways back on topic,

I had:

Ernie
Tiger
Gmac
Poulter

Maybe?

Yeah that has to be close dude. I had all of them minus Poulter.

Not bad at all... good luck!

Yeah he is my downfall. Those of you that had ernie and scott have a lock on this!

I'm not sure what's more unbelievable, the tournament I just watched or the fact that in the aftermath of the tournament people aren't talking about the tournament but about a caddy in a context that had 0 to do with said tournament.

Thank you!!!!

You know what, its sad that it will probably always hang around Adam Scott as long as Williams is on his bag. Didn't he claim credit for winning last season? He's (Adam) made his bed, now he has to lie in. Its sad but inevitable.

Having said that, I guess I shouldn't have brought it up, for which I am sorry (I don't guess, I shouldn't have. End of.)

It shouldn't overshadow the brilliant golf on offer today. So if we can, let's move on...

What about that Ernie eh?

Well, heres what I have so far:

1. Ernie Els: $1,413,569
2. Adam Scott: $808,069
T3. Tiger Woods: $520,583

That puts me at $2,742,221 + whatever Fowler earned (guessing less than 50 grand). So right at 2.8 million probably. Don't think that's good enough, but probably close.

Well, heres what I have so far:

1. Ernie Els: $1,413,569
2. Adam Scott: $808,069
T3. Tiger Woods: $520,583

That puts me at $2,742,221 + whatever Fowler earned (guessing less than 50 grand). So right at 2.8 million probably. Don't think that's good enough, but probably close.

Damn dude, that's a nice set of picks you made there.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Back