The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

Congrats Marc! Beautiful looking place!

Place looks awesome Marc!

Too far from my jobs!!! And I will not live in another neighborhood especially if there is a home owners association.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No HOA so u got that going here

We got it! Paid a lot of dues since I got sick and it's awesome to work our way back to home ownership, C will have a real home when my time comes and that's the one thing that's been haunting me for a long time.
Congratulations Marc! Looking forward to hearing more about your new place.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Congrats Marc!

Just got the house listed. Honestly didn't think we would follow through with this move. Not to get this place sold and find a house in Florida. Won't reap the benefits us warm weather this time of year until next year.

Nice new place Trout! Looks good! Congrats!

Just got the house listed. Honestly didn't think we would follow through with this move. Not to get this place sold and find a house in Florida. Won't reap the benefits us warm weather this time of year until next year.

Good luck with getting sold, hope it goes fast and you have a LOT of interested buyers, so it starts a bidding war and you get asking price or higher!

Good luck with getting sold, hope it goes fast and you have a LOT of interested buyers, so it starts a bidding war and you get asking price or higher!

That is the hope. In a great location...so we will see. Thanks!!!

Put in a last offer on the house we've been eyeing. Don't think it's going to matter because the owners haven't/couldn't budge on their price. They are in Europe, and their lawyer is handling the sale, so there really hasn't been much discussion on what could work for both sides. We would put in an offer, he'd reply "No" and then give us their price (which really doesn't change all that much). We've done several rounds of this, asked for a couple of items to no response ... and so we threw in a final bid. If they don't bite, or at least try to work with us, we'll have our answer and will walk away.

Congrats TB, looks perfect!

Good luck Matt and Tom.

Never knew this thread existed! Kinda cool too since my wife and I just closed on our house about a month ago in Clearwater. I love some of the kitchens I'm seeing on here. Kitchen reno is definitely needed for our house. I also need to learn about pools. Our house has one and no NOTHING about pools!

Put in a last offer on the house we've been eyeing. Don't think it's going to matter because the owners haven't/couldn't budge on their price. They are in Europe, and their lawyer is handling the sale, so there really hasn't been much discussion on what could work for both sides. We would put in an offer, he'd reply "No" and then give us their price (which really doesn't change all that much). We've done several rounds of this, asked for a couple of items to no response ... and so we threw in a final bid. If they don't bite, or at least try to work with us, we'll have our answer and will walk away.

Are they vacationing there or are they living there now? I'm not sure I'd want my lawyer to be doing my "bidding" for me. Well I guess it depended on how badly I wanted out of the house. He doesn't want to sell it lower because I'm sure that eats into his share.

A little tip for those buying a house. Shop around and check out all the banks. Using a broker is a great idea, but can sometimes bite you. It did us, kind of. We used a broker that came highly recommended from our agent. The broker was great to work with and answered all of our questions. She even talked with my wife over the phone about questions she had before my wife would sign off on any of the paperwork. Our loan was purchased/sold almost as soon as we signed on the dotted line. Our loan was picked up by Chase and they have (or had) a program that gave you back a percentage of what you paid in your mortgage payment at the end of the year. It was something like 1%. You could have it applied to your mortgage and take your end payment down just a little extra every year. Since we used a broker, we were not able to take advantage of this program. So just a little tip to those looking at buying, shop around on line and see what different banks are offering.

Are they vacationing there or are they living there now? I'm not sure I'd want my lawyer to be doing my "bidding" for me. Well I guess it depended on how badly I wanted out of the house. He doesn't want to sell it lower because I'm sure that eats into his share.
They are from Germany. The husband moved here for work, but then was transferred back. Their lawyer has power of attorney.

They are from Germany. The husband moved here for work, but then was transferred back. Their lawyer has power of attorney.

I see. Hope it works out for you guys. If not, I'm sure something else will come along or give it a little time and make another offer. It might work out in your favor.

I see. Hope it works out for you guys. If not, I'm sure something else will come along or give it a little time and make another offer. It might work out in your favor.
Looks like this offer may have gained some traction. We'll see ... I'm ready to walk away, the wife really does like this place, and it's big enough for us to never have to worry about moving again. Either way I'm good, because like you said ... at some point something else will come along.

Congrats trout she's a beauty!!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

When is the house warming party?

Haha maybe around the Masters? Verdict ridge is awful close by and a membership has my name on it.

You are welcome any time dude.

The house sale fell through. They pretty much failed to budge again on their price despite us making a sizable increase in our own offer. So ... told them thanks but no thanks. At this point we're going to keep making improvements on our current house (anyone know how to make concrete countertops?) and hit the housing market again in about six months. In the meantime, we're going to keep our eyes open for decent foreclosures just in case something strikes our fancy.

Back