First time out in '09

MO_Hacker

At the drag strip
Reaction score
Handicap
DragRacing
Everything finally came together today and I made it out to the course to try out some of my new gear.

I liked the Heavy Putter, vast improvement over my previous putter. It really helps with tempo and being smooth.

Hit the hybrid twice with mixed results. First time I put a horrible swing on the ball, I don't think I stayed down and ended up slicing it right with a lot of top spin. The second shot I used it on had a much better result, just not quite enough distance for what I needed. I was pleased with it though, instead of topping a fw I was able to advance the ball.lol

The best part of the day though was before the round in the club house, the club pro told me the yearly membership this year would only be $500. That's $400 cheaper than last year.

Just thought I would share, I'm really looking forward to this year.

Lucky you MO, glad to hear you got out finally..

You won a putter and a hybrid?!!!

MO,
That is great news. Glad the putter worked for you. Once you use that thing for a little bit, you will be putting lights out. The hybrid will take time since you have not really used hybrids before. But I really think that it will help your game. Congrats on playing.

Dent,
He received a hybrid for some work he did for us.

how cold was it up there? i heard it is colder here in Tampa today (high of 50º with a low around 28º) than it was in Denver...weird!

Low of 28* in Tampa? Really? I know it was cold today, but it has not been anywhere around that cold for us. We are supposed to tee off at 8:30am tomorrow.

Low of 28* in Tampa? Really? I know it was cold today, but it has not been anywhere around that cold for us. We are supposed to tee off at 8:30am tomorrow.

thats what bay news 9 said. its gonna be like 19º in Hernando County tonight! SHEESH!

Glad we have a great cart cover and two cart heaters.

So Glad Mo got out today.

yep, just dbl checked, actually 29º tonight... have fun in that freezing cold tomorrow JB! i couldnt do it!

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be playing anytime soon.:angry:

When I headed to the course it was 36*, not sure what the temp got up to though. It wasn't bad walking, actually had to take off the fleece jacket I was wearing to start.

Yeah JB I have no doubt the hybrid is going to help me out. I was playing pretty good for the first 5 holes then it kinda fell apart. Well good for me, 3 bogeys, a double and a par.

My poor mother is going to be dissapointed when she lands in Tampa Tonight :crying:

MO, how did you play overall?

Dent,
It is going to warm up tomorrow afternoon.

Then for the next 5 days it is in the 70s again.

I didn't keep score, overall though I was pleased. It was really a typical round for me, every shot was an adventure. I had 3 good drives, 2 really nice approaches, decent putting. Mixed in there was a couple of horrible drives, some bladed SW shots, a couple of 3 putts.

Still a lot of fun though, I'm really stoked about the yearly membership rate. I figure I can play 3 or 4 x's a week once good weather gets here.

How many of you play in weekly golf leagues? It looks like I'm playing in at least one this year.

I didn't keep score, overall though I was pleased. It was really a typical round for me, every shot was an adventure. I had 3 good drives, 2 really nice approaches, decent putting. Mixed in there was a couple of horrible drives, some bladed SW shots, a couple of 3 putts.

Still a lot of fun though, I'm really stoked about the yearly membership rate. I figure I can play 3 or 4 x's a week once good weather gets here.

How many of you play in weekly golf leagues? It looks like I'm playing in at least one this year.

Good Idea, A league is a great place to meet new people and join players that have a laugh about the game and are just as good as yourself.

I play in one MO. It is a lot of fun. There are 16-24 of us and we all have a blast.

Glad to hear you made it out MO and that you like your new weapons of mass frustration!

Glad to hear you made it out MO and that you like your new weapons of mass frustration!

I like that Smalls. I tell you what I'm kind of disappointed I haven't got out more this winter, it was pretty chilly this morning but once I got out there it wasn't bad at all.

Man I wish I could have my first round of '09 already! Your pretty luck MO

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be playing anytime soon.:angry:

You and me both! It's supposed to get into the 40s this weekend.

Oh, I play in a weekly league Mo. Lots of fun. We're supposed to be having monthly dinners in the off season, but it keeps not happening.

finally played golf on the weekend after nearly six weeks of snow. a forty year record for around here. fog and cold still an issue though, but it was pretty nice on sunday and the courses have recovered remarkably quick. here's the group behind us on the 18th at Hazelmere.

h2.jpg

That's great Mike. But I guess you were being punished for making us envious that you could golf and we couldn't! hahaha

Hope you played well. Did GolfGirl go too?

Back