Which Ball Would You Get? (Maybe Snake Eyes?)

Golfer_LD

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been playing Srixon Trispeed Tours and I'm down to my last dozen and some change. I'm looking at getting the Snake Eyes balls from Golf Smith because of the incredible prices. I prefer low spin off the driver so my fade doesn't turn into an out right slice. I could always use a little more spin on approach shots but I'm not good enough to back up a ball, but would like it to stop after a hop or two. I'm looking at either the Snake Eyes Tour (3 dozen for $30) or the Snake Eyes Soft Distance (3 dozen for $25). The Tour is three-piece and my guess is it will play like most three-piece non urethane balls and the Soft Distance is just a two-piece. When looking them up on the USGA Conforming list thought it shows the Tour as a L-M and the soft distance as a L-H. Any body with any experience, or input, or other recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Also, I prefer to stay away from the Gamer V2...I haven't tried it admittedly, but I have tried the D2 series and was not impressed.

If you have your mind set on the Snake Eyes, the cost is good enough to pick tem up and see if you like them. I did not care for them much, especially off the tee, but that is just my opinion of course. Since the cost is the main concern here, pick up a few of the balls you mentioned and see how they treat you. At $8 a dozen or so, it is not too bad.

Or try www.lostgolfballs.com I got 50 5 Star Rated Nike Mojo balls for $17+shipping. If you're OK with used balls, it's great.

Have you tried the Q-Star... New the cost isn't too bad, and mint recycled is very affordable. The ones I ordered from Knet were all in great shape with the majority of the balls I had a hard time telling them apart from some of the few new ones I had left in my bag. I haven't tried the Snake Eyes though, can't help you with that.

I've been playing Srixon Trispeed Tours and I'm down to my last dozen and some change. I'm looking at getting the Snake Eyes balls from Golf Smith because of the incredible prices. I prefer low spin off the driver so my fade doesn't turn into an out right slice. I could always use a little more spin on approach shots but I'm not good enough to back up a ball, but would like it to stop after a hop or two. I'm looking at either the Snake Eyes Tour (3 dozen for $30) or the Snake Eyes Soft Distance (3 dozen for $25). The Tour is three-piece and my guess is it will play like most three-piece non urethane balls and the Soft Distance is just a two-piece. When looking them up on the USGA Conforming list thought it shows the Tour as a L-M and the soft distance as a L-H. Any body with any experience, or input, or other recommendations?

Thanks in advance
I bought some of these last season. They are solid distance balls. I'm trying to move on to a ball with different characteristics this season. If you want to try the Snake Eye balls I've got 7 or 8 sleeves (box of 15 plus a couple of sleeves) I'll sell you at a good price. PM me.

I still play Tommy Armour Silver Scots sometimes. At 15 bucks for two dozen at Dick's, they were a great buy and I think they are a decent ball. I got them a couple years ago, not sure what they are selling them for now.

Or try www.lostgolfballs.com I got 50 5 Star Rated Nike Mojo balls for $17+shipping. If you're OK with used balls, it's great.

I used to use the Mojo's religiously but since trying out other balls I've found I wasn't getting very good spin on approach shots which usually hit the green and bounced off. I do like the idea of a 50 ball bucket..

MacGregor VIP,in my opinion it is the best cheap ball made right now, since Wilson stopped making the Tx4.

MacGregor VIP,in my opinion it is the best cheap ball made right now, since Wilson stopped making the Tx4.

Do you know where to pick that ball up at? I've only been able to find MacGregor MT and DX balls

I bought some of these last season. They are solid distance balls. I'm trying to move on to a ball with different characteristics this season. If you want to try the Snake Eye balls I've got 7 or 8 sleeves (box of 15 plus a couple of sleeves) I'll sell you at a good price. PM me.
PM Sent

What about Noodle? To me, they seem very good. WalMart sells the reconditioned, x-outs, somewhere around $16.00 for 2 dozens. You can't tell the difference from them and new ones. BUT, I am somewhat new to golf and am not sure if Noodle is a good ball. Any opinions?

Also, I prefer to stay away from the Gamer V2...I haven't tried it admittedly, but I have tried the D2 series and was not impressed.
You're crazy to at least not try the Gamer V2, great ball at a great price. MacGregor VIP is a fantastic ball as well.

I'm with the guy(s) talking about lostgolfballs.com. I haven't bought "new" golf balls in a year.

You're crazy to at least not try the Gamer V2, great ball at a great price. MacGregor VIP is a fantastic ball as well.

+1 on the Gamer. Have not hit the VIP yet, but would give it a shot based on the feedback here.

+1 on the Gamer. Have not hit the VIP yet, but would give it a shot based on the feedback here.

I have to agree with these two posts. You cant compare the D2 to the Gamer V2. The D2 is a two piece ball with absolutely no spin, the Gamer V2 is a three piece ball with tons of spin for a non-urethane ball. The comparisons are not even close. Check out the 2010 Golf Digest Hot List ball spin graph charts and you will find the Gamer V2 spins at a higher rate on half wedge shots than a few $30 balls that claim to be tour caliber and comes close to reaching the spin rates of the Bridgestone RX.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/hot-list/2010-06/hotlist2010_golfballs_spinchart

Back