Cure Putters Review Thread

Just picked up a CX2 Classic after checking out this thread and getting very curious. Rolled some putts at home and am very impressed. Feel is excellent as is the weighting and balance (have all the weights in now). Really comes through square. Cannot wait to put this one through the paces on a course. I thought the size would throw me a bit but it didn't seem to be an issue at all.

Going to spend the winter working on putters and this Cure seems like a really different quality alternative to the Scottys, Bettinardis and Odysseys that I am working with.
I can't wait to hear what you think.

If face balanced at impact is what you desire and the RX3F is not, in theory it might be possible to change the weighting to accomplish that performance feature.

I would preferred a face balance at impact but it's defiantly not a deal breaker. As a matter of fact the vast majority of the putters are not face balanced at impact. I was curious if the Rx3F was or wasn't. Thanks for the information.

The Cure putter for me just fits. I seem to become more and more comfortable each time out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait to hear what you think.

Rolled some at an indoor putting green at the nearby dome. Very nice face feel from the milled face - soft with good feel and excellent speed and distance control which I was concerned about given the size of the head. Also brought my Bettinardi Queen B #7. Even though the Bettinardi is slightly lighter the head felt a bit heavier. Face was slightly softer on the Bettinardi as well. Really like the roll that the Cure put on the ball and how I was able to keep the face more nicely square through impact. Very happy that I picked the Cure up and looked forward to spending more time with it.

Rolled some at an indoor putting green at the nearby dome. Very nice face feel from the milled face - soft with good feel and excellent speed and distance control which I was concerned about given the size of the head. Also brought my Bettinardi Queen B #7. Even though the Bettinardi is slightly lighter the head felt a bit heavier. Face was slightly softer on the Bettinardi as well. Really like the roll that the Cure put on the ball and how I was able to keep the face more nicely square through impact. Very happy that I picked the Cure up and looked forward to spending more time with it.

Hard to think there's a putter out there bigger than a cure. Glad to hear the cx is slighter smaller.

CX1 on order! Early Xmas present to myself!

Comments and questions mainly for Cure:

Honestly, when I first saw them, I thought "yeah right".

Now that I'm switching from a broom to a conventional length putter, all the adjustable options make perfect sense and are exceptionally appealing.

Comments on the new 2015-2016 models:
Love the options in size
Love the addition of the tri-cut sole (heel and toe relief) on some models
Interesting that 1.5* of loft has been added to some models
Interesting the triangular alignment aids (heel and toe discs) have been eliminated, which actually I like. A cleaner look.

Just curious, are any of these changes primarily driven by input by the pros on tour?

Most interested in how the added 1.5* loft will improve the roll although reviews are all positive concerning the roll of previous models with -0- loft. Is the added loft to accommodate anyone who uses a forward press?

Now to decide if I get one to practice over the winter or wait until I can get outside in the spring.

Thanks for the feedback and input. All this is helpful as I narrow my model choices down (RX line).

I sent some questions to Cure so hoping they respond here or privately soon so I can make up my mind.

Last edited:
Cure Putters Review Thread

Last week on my way down from Atlanta I stopped at the PGA superstore in Orlando off of I-4. Spent some time with the new blade Cure putters. Great feel to it and still put a good roll on the ball, but the roll was never an issue with any Cure. I think it's an improvement over the original RX series based on feel alone, which I thoroughly enjoyed on the original series. These have gone back on the ponder list

Last edited:
Received a fantastic, detailed and insightful email from Grant @ Cure today regarding some questions I had.

It sealed the deal for me. Looks like an RX4 is in my future + additional weight kit for fine tuning the weight under 400 grams.

Many thanks, Grant / Cure!!!

CX1 on order! Early Xmas present to myself!

Let us know when it arrives and the first impressions. Is tomorrow still the anticipated ship date?

Thanks for your insight via email and sorry your RX2 didn't fit my preferences. Hoping an RX4 is my answer.

Let us know when it arrives and the first impressions. Is tomorrow still the anticipated ship date?

Thanks for your insight via email and sorry your RX2 didn't fit my preferences. Hoping an RX4 is my answer.

I like it quite a bit. I have been going back and fourth from the Scotty. I wish they made a straight shaft version as the offset shaft doesnt fit my eye as well. The ball rolls off the face fantastic and has great feel as well. My distance control is fantastic with the Cure. If I can get my eyes adjusted to the shaft I am sure it will make a permanent home in my bag.

Mine is still firmly in the bag after today's testing. I will have most of these on the THP Tour Van, so when we are in Ohio for Regional Rivalry, you can test one out.
Bumping so you remember how bad I want to try these models

Bumping so you remember how bad I want to try these models

Hahaha I'm right there with you.

What was the comment Mike made yesterday? It's not often you play a round of golf and both your playing partners are rolling Cure's.

Received a fantastic, detailed and insightful email from Grant @ Cure today regarding some questions I had.

It sealed the deal for me. Looks like an RX4 is in my future + additional weight kit for fine tuning the weight under 400 grams.

Many thanks, Grant / Cure!!!
Congrats, you'll enjoy the cure, I have no doubts about that!

I like it quite a bit. I have been going back and fourth from the Scotty. I wish they made a straight shaft version as the offset shaft doesnt fit my eye as well. The ball rolls off the face fantastic and has great feel as well. My distance control is fantastic with the Cure. If I can get my eyes adjusted to the shaft I am sure it will make a permanent home in my bag.

Agree with straight vs offset shafts. Center shafts are the only route for me anymore, yet not as many options.

If distance control is on, you are well on your way.

It's too bad they can't put a straight shaft in it.

That's why I chose the RX4 being the smallest version, of the new models, with a straight and center shaft set up.

I picked up an RXi and an RX3F. Got the RX3F for myself a month or two back, and got the RXi for my dad at Thanksgiving. Having tried them both, I can say that I didn't care for the feel of the RXi - it just didn't feel solid at all, too "tinky" and hollow. But I do like my RX3F, with its adjustable lie, zero loft, and adjustable weight. And it does feel fairly solid, though certainly different because of the massive heel/toe weighting.

I've got it set up fairly light and really flat, with a Flatso 2.0 XL turned sideways (round part fits in palm of right hand, flat side to the left... for rh golfer). I've only played one round with it, but no 3 putts during that round. I need to cut the shaft down and regrip it, though... it's 35" and I usually use a 33" or 34".

On a side note, I see the new Cures aren't incorporating the triangular alignment system. I kinda like it myself.

Just ordered a straight shaft for my RX3F from Grant. Looking forward to see if it improves this already amazing putter.

I saw one of these at my local driving range. It was green and that was cool, but I do think it might take a few hundred putts for me to get used to the looks. The staff said it was an awesome putter.

Just ordered a straight shaft for my RX3F from Grant. Looking forward to see if it improves this already amazing putter.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Hi all, I had seen and heard a lot about the Cure putters so got a RX2 shipped over from the States. I got it a couple of days ago and got a extended Two Thumbs grip put on it (makes it a little counter balanced). I've had a few hours on the putting green yesterday and today to try it out with lie and weights. In one word "Wow"! Being a single handicapped player that putts like a 28 handicap I've never had a putter that is as good or as confidence inspiring. Once you get used to the weight, look and sound the ball just goes where you want it! My only complaint is my time practicing is cut short with so many people wanting to have a go after seeing how many putts are going in! Today I holed a putt the full length of the putting green (about 60 ft) I've never done that before!

Just completed a trade for my 2nd and 3rd Cure putter. I now have a RXi, Rx1 tour, and Rx2 tour. All of them will be extended to 38" and counterbalanced. I love the ability to tinker with the weight and feel like you have a new putter without having to buy a new putter

Just completed a trade for my 2nd and 3rd Cure putter. I now have a RXi, Rx1 tour, and Rx2 tour. All of them will be extended to 38" and counterbalanced. I love the ability to tinker with the weight and feel like you have a new putter without having to buy a new putter

The counterbalance does the job if people are worried about the weight of the putter head

Back