Right Arm ( For Righty) In backswing

gbigoose1

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Andy,

I was just wondering, what is a swing thought you could use for your right arm. I guess I don't really know what it should be doing. Should it be bending at the start or trying to stay somewhat straight. Maybe I'm over thinking and you don't even need to think about the right arm but I was just wondering. Thanks

Good question. I would like both arms to stay straight at least to waist high. Keeping the triangle in tact will give you better extension and width to your take away. To get this feel try this at home. Take a shoe box (or the like) and put 6-10 golf balls in it. Place it behind your club head at setup. To feel the take away feel the left side (shoulder,arm etc) push the box back, this will help keep the arms straight longer in the takeaway.

Thanks!

That is a good one Andy. I sometimes find that I am so damned anxious to get my stupid right elbow in the right backswing position that I try to get it there too early and my triangle breaks down on me. I can see it within a few swings but it still frustrates the hell out of me when I let my triangle go.

Back