Just so you have some information Nike, check out "The First Tee Nine Core Values"

Here is the link The First TeeThe First Tee Nine Core Values

Just incase you didn't want to click it, here are some highlights.

1 Honesty - the quality or state of being truthful; not deceptive

2 Integrity - strict adherence to a standard of value or conduct; personal honesty and independence. Golf is a game of etiquette and composure. Players are responsible for their actions and personal conduct on the golf course even at times when others may not be looking.

6 Responsibility - accounting for one’s actions; dependable

I would say cheating on your wife and family could fall into many of these.

I'm somewhat familiar w/ the orginization. I have not heard anything that Tiger spoke about, however.

As far as letting folks down. YES, he has. I never denied or argued that.

Again, it goes to show, people need to stop looking at pro athletes as role models.

Focus on the golfing aspect of the guy, not personal stuff.

That's what I was thinking too, of those three I'm hoping for Couric but thinking it will be Oprah.

You serious?

See, this is the TMZ and tabloid type of attitude in some people. We have a "right" to know everything about a celebrity/athlete when they screw up.

We want them to apologize to "us".

They need to go do interviews and talk about "it".

"Oh, I hope he gets interviewed by this person because then they would have to tell us more than if interviewed by this person."

My goodness.

:laugh:

Was the topic of not cheating on your spouse part of that program? If so, you have me dead to rights.

I was just answering this question.

I think JP's comment would be an awesome way for him to come back. If he does that, it is another question. I also agree that he may be past that stage and might have to go bigger.

This has gone beyond a Roger Maltbie interview. Tiger is going to have to be interviewed by Oprah, Katie Couric or Barbara Walters. He isn't just golf or even sport's news.

I disagree.

I think going with some big time interview just makes all of what's happened that much bigger. I think the strategy here is to downplay, not play up what's happened. Any interview with Couric, Oprah, et al, will seem like a publicity stunt and "celebrify" everything.

I think low key and humble is a far better way to go.

-JP

I disagree.

I think going with some big time interview just makes all of what's happened that much bigger. I think the strategy here is to downplay, not play up what's happened. Any interview with Couric, Oprah, et al, will seem like a publicity stunt and "celebrify" everything.

-JP

Absolutely.

Like I've said. The only ones wanting this to be a bigger show and spectacle are the TMZ and tabloid gossip fans.

You serious?

See, this is the TMZ and tabloid type of attitude in some people. We have a "right" to know everything about a celebrity/athlete when they screw up.

"Oh, I hope he gets interviewed by this person because then they would have to tell us more than if interviewed by this person."

My goodness.

I've been reading your posts and while I disagreed with many of them, I didn't understand why some of the guys seemed to jump on you until now. Even though you responded directly to MO and not me - I'm going to respond to you. Next time - please don't assume that you know why I said he has to be interviewed by someone of Oprah or Katie's stature.

I disagree.

-JP

JP - I disagree with you. Low key and humble might have worked at the beginning, but Tiger let it get too big.

I've been reading your posts and while I disagreed with many of them, I didn't understand why some of the guys seemed to jump on you until now. Even though you responded directly to MO and not me - I'm going to respond to you. Next time - please don't assume that you know why I said he has to be interviewed by someone of Oprah or Katie's stature.

JP - I disagree with you. Low key and humble might have worked at the beginning, but Tiger let it get too big.

You're right. I never responded to you.

And I also never assumed anything about what YOU posted.

OK, I'll see your disagreement and raise you a dissenting opinion.

First of all, the "Oprah thing" has been done to death and everyone will be expecting the inevitable tearful apology which, in my opinion, will look as phony as a three dollar bill.

Secondly, Tiger has been groomed as an "assassin" since he could walk and he's simply not wired for maudlin, teary-eyed contrition; his pride wouldn't let him do it.

I think if he came back as I suggested and he apologized as needed and then went out and played and engaged the galleries and poked some fun at his temper, he'd be a lot better off. Let him take the time to show people that he's changed and he would be winning hearts and minds in no time.

-JP

You serious?

My goodness.

I was going to put you on ignore but since you post so much ignorant crap I just can't do it.

I've said from the beginning that I don't care if he apologizes or tells anybody anything, the post was about who would do his first interview. I agreed with Diane because this thing has blown up way past the sports angle, it is everywhere. The reason I "hope" it's Couric is I really don't like to listen to either Oprah or Walters talk at all but I will probably end up watching the interview regardless of who gets the opportunity to do it.

Oh my goodness

Back