GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
These grips just arrived at our office. We haven't worked with them before but they are called Tacki-Mac and they actually make grips for all sports not just golf. These grips are supposed to stay tacky through all weather conditions. We will put them to the test and have a review on them later.

851633175_6ZYfP-L-1.jpg

851633172_Duwcd-L-1.jpg

851633227_EzKgF-L-1.jpg

I love white grips. I'll be interested to see what you think of these since I'm thinking of re-gripping soon. Since I can only play on the weekends, I'll surely be out in the rain a few times. It rained on me a little last weekend and I almost threw a club. Yikes.

They look pretty much like standard grips. What makes them tacky?

Very simple looking but curious to how it performs in our conditions (sweat and humidity) to see if the statement holds true. I'm digging a lot of these white grips lately.

• Admin
They look pretty much like standard grips. What makes them tacky?

This is from their website: "Each grip is made from a high quality thermo plastic rubber (TPR) which gives the grips an exceptional tacky feel. Our color fast dye and richly ingrained patterns will outlast any competitors products. No rubber or leather grip can offer you our quality or performance."

They are basically an alternative to Iomics.

Not bad grips at all, messed arund with a black on on my 4H for the end of last season, super tacky but not as soft as the Iomics.

This is from their website: "Each grip is made from a high quality thermo plastic rubber (TPR) which gives the grips an exceptional tacky feel. Our color fast dye and richly ingrained patterns will outlast any competitors products. No rubber or leather grip can offer you our quality or performance."

Interesting. I wonder if they will actually live up to the claim. Looking forward to the review. Thanks GG!!

I'm really excited for this review!

These look nice in white, but I wonder how long they'll stay white :)

These look nice in white, but I wonder how long they'll stay white :)

GG could you throw something in the review for how easy or hard it is to clean as I would assume that these guys would have to be cleaned often. I'm sure with that material they might have some cleaning instructions as well?

Esp. lately, I've been using pink tape for my fingers to prevent blisters and the gooyness of the tape likes to go onto the shafts of my clubs :D

I love those!! I would regrip the Nikes in a heartbeat!

The all white look is excellent, I'll be curious to see how they feel.

Haven't Tacki-Macs been around for a while? I vaguely remember having tacki-mac grips on an old set of irons...

might be a little 'whitey white' for me but looking to see the review on these....

Hi Guys.........I actually have used a set of these new Tacki Mac Itomic grips.They really are probably the tackiest grips I've ever used (I live in Oregon so wet conditions are a constant).I will throw out a few of my observations as I'm curious if the THP review will be similiar to what I've observed.I would say they are a little on the firmer side,not as soft as say a Lamking 3gen grip.They seeem to run a little bit larger in size.....the standard size almost seems like its midsize to me.The top cap of the grip seems to be a harder plastic and being black it tends to rub off on your other clubs grips as you remove and replace your clubs leaving little black marks.I will say that these grips clean up really well and seem to get tackier the more you clean them up.I have used several of these new next generation tackier grips and have to say none of them have the tack these do(almost to tacky).If you can get past the seemingly slight oversize of them and the slighty plasticky feel these are really good grips for the lower price point they fall under
Hope this helps.

Haven't Tacki-Macs been around for a while? I vaguely remember having tacki-mac grips on an old set of irons...

Tacki-Mac has been is business for over 25 years. Don't know how long they have been making golf grips. I regipped my clubs this year with Tacki-Mac. So far, I like them. I use the ones that are like the Golf Pride Tour Velvet. They are cheaper than Golf Pride but I can't tell the difference in preformance.

These are getting put on the MachSpeeds today and will will have some pictures up this afternoon.

I'm getting the ones that were in my prize pack put on the irons Saturday. If you would like, I can post pictures as well?

I'm getting the ones that were in my prize pack put on the irons Saturday. If you would like, I can post pictures as well?

Sure, they should look good with the color scheme of the Ci7

My thoughts exactly. I can't wait to see them.

Here are a couple of quick pictures snapped after regripping the clubs.

858744072_m3etQ-L.jpg

858744067_EhpRd-L.jpg

Those are shiny!!

Back