If you could have anyones swing...

Thanks JB..
I see many likes Fred Couples as well.

for irons it has to be Furyk....proof that you don't need a textbook swing to be successful

Ernie Els is always nice and relaxing!

Sergio Garcia's has always been quite intriguing!

I would like my very first golf coach's swing. His swing was the prettiest I have ever seen he made Freddie Couples look like an amateur.

SethO was your golf coach? hehe

haha. I would say my swing is more like a Picasso, everybody likes it, but at the same time they are going WTF?

LMAO setho! you just need to work a little more on your alignment and ball position. you just need to consistently find the bottom of that purty swing of yours. you're so close man!

Ernie and Fred are two of my favourites too. I use Ernie as a guide for my tempo but obvously fail to match it but no harm in setting the bar high.

Reteif's is another I enjoy watching, nice and simple. Like me if not my swing.

Don't forget Seve, it was sheer poetry in the 80s. A few years earlier Mr Miller had a decent one imo.

From current players I obviously enjoy watching the graceful swingers like Ernie and Fred but the one that works the best for me would be Hunter Mahan's I think. Such a great solid, connected swing.

Hogan's would just be a dream though. I'd feel wrong even if I was blessed with the exact replica of his action, he was a special player and I'm just not worthy. :bashful:

Mr. Easy Ernie Els

I think my fav has to be Nick Price. It is short compact and powerful. He is still one of the best ball strikers on any tour. If he had a short game he would be GREAT.

I said this in the other thread and I will say it again. Ben Hogan. His swing is mixture of beauty and raw power, especially in slow-mo.

Tough choice. I can't decide between Camilo (get at it!) and Vijay (long & lazy). Obviously Couples is up there as well, and another similar one that doesn't get as much attention is Luke Donald.

i can't get into freddy's swing like everyone seems to. yeah, it's smooth but it's just not all that textbook to me. i'm a big fan of adam scott's swing. it just looks perfect to me.

i can't get into freddy's swing like everyone seems to. yeah, it's smooth but it's just not all that textbook to me. i'm a big fan of adam scott's swing. it just looks perfect to me.

couples swing is money man ... it may not be textbook but its so natural ... and whos to say what textbook is anyway ... textbook 40 years ago is different than textbook today and even different between instructors ...

one thing that is normally criticized about couples swing is actually one of the keys to his consistency as well ...

sure he starts with a great shoulder turn ... but then check how he lets that right elbow fly out and up ... he also comes across the line at the top so much that the head of his club is actually pointing at the target ... most people tell you ... oh thats terrible ... right elblow flying out is certain death ... keep the shaft laid off never cross the line at the top terrible !!! lol ... i wholeheartedly disagree ...

if you try it and get a feel for it with a good shoulder turn ... you see the body actually wants to naturally pull that elbow back down perfectly on plane, or into the slot however you want to say it ...

just my opinion but i love that swing and if i actually practiced this game i'd emulate that swing until i got it as down as my ability would let me ...

have seen some of adam scotts swing and from vague memory it certainly seems more fundamental in terms of what we hear all the time about certain things a swing should do or look like ...

but i'm much more about feel than mechanics ...

did you see donald trumps swing? how horrible is that and so offensive to most things fundamental ... but i think he's maybe a 4 handicap? and you can't argue with that ...

anyway heading out here soon to thunderhill baby !!! www.thunderhillgolf.net ... i play the yellows ... i usually start falling apart at hole #8 ... my nemesis hole on that course ...

Ditto... on the Adam Scott part.

couples swing is money man ... it may not be textbook but its so natural ... and whos to say what textbook is anyway ... textbook 40 years ago is different than textbook today and even different between instructors ...

one thing that is normally criticized about couples swing is actually one of the keys to his consistency as well ...

sure he starts with a great shoulder turn ... but then check how he lets that right elbow fly out and up ... he also comes across the line at the top so much that the head of his club is actually pointing at the target ... most people tell you ... oh thats terrible ... right elblow flying out is certain death ... keep the shaft laid off never cross the line at the top terrible !!! lol ... i wholeheartedly disagree ...

if you try it and get a feel for it with a good shoulder turn ... you see the body actually wants to naturally pull that elbow back down perfectly on plane, or into the slot however you want to say it ...

just my opinion but i love that swing and if i actually practiced this game i'd emulate that swing until i got it as down as my ability would let me ...

have seen some of adam scotts swing and from vague memory it certainly seems more fundamental in terms of what we hear all the time about certain things a swing should do or look like ...

but i'm much more about feel than mechanics ...

did you see donald trumps swing? how horrible is that and so offensive to most things fundamental ... but i think he's maybe a 4 handicap? and you can't argue with that ...

anyway heading out here soon to thunderhill baby !!! www.thunderhillgolf.net ... i play the yellows ... i usually start falling apart at hole #8 ... my nemesis hole on that course ...

i'm not saying that freddy doesn't have a fluid, free swing, it's just not my favorite. i mean, honestly it's not a swing i would want to emulate at all, but that's just me. yep, it's relaxed, fluid and works for freddy. i guess i like a swing where the body's square to the target, the lower body stays still on the backswing....i guess i like a one plane swing.

i know that 99% of everyone loves freddy's swing but is it the swing itself (technically) or the fluidity to it?

Bump! Because its MY thread, its late, Im up and Im in one of those moods. Right now Id take anyones swing other then mine. ha

i would take moe norman's swing anyday, may not be the prettiest, but sure is accurate.

I quite frankly would take anyone's swing, even Charles Barkley, if it got me to constantly fly the ball straight and with decent distance thus allowing me to lower my scores.

Mickey Wright. The best, according to Ben Hogan.

Can't get enough of this vid.: I :love: the way that followthrough action looks!

[YOUTUBE]_zpzw1bwF7U[/YOUTUBE]

bubba watson

Back