Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you hate smiling like that and then wondering if anyone seen you, lmao. Great job dust. Your really getting your game in order buddy!

Great shot to make par on that hole Dustklose! I get pumped too when I chip one in, so you're not the only one who celebrates those shots. :thumb:

Thanks guys. I really am starting to post scores that I feel accurately show how hard I've worked. I want to be able to shot mid 80's instead of mid 90's by the end of this summer. And for someone only golfing about 8-9 months now, I think i'm doin pretty well.

Elevated Green, 186 out uphill, hit a 4 iron and stuck it to a foot and a half. Sank bird.

had a great chip in for birdie today... crappy lie... over the corner of a bunker... no green to work with...
that was the best of several unbelievable shots today

2 great shots today...
one was my approach shot on a long par5 with a 6i over water... hitting the front of the green... releasing to the hole... hitting the flagstick... so close to an eagle... but settled for a tap in birdie...
the other... i chunked my chip shot but the ball still made it to the green... but far from the hole... 40 ft with a big right to left break to a back pin position... i didnt wanna leave it short so i took a big putt and it dove right in

Mine was a great recovery shot. 440 yards par 4, hit a snap hook drive, had 250 to the pin. Hit an awesome three wood between the two front bunkers onto the green, just missed the birdie put and made par after a 90 yard drive.

Over the weekend, we played a small 9 hole course Par 31, so it had a few Par 4s and Par 3s. One of the Par 4 holes, I drove the ball 180 yards...WOW, I couldn't believe it!! That's probably THE BEST EVER drive for me!! :twist:

Nice drive GC!

My best from the weekend was on the dreaded "chute" hole. Par 3, 180 yard that has deep woods on both sides of a narrow opening. I hit a five iron to about 15 feet in front of the green. I didn't make the GIR, but I hit it straight and it didn't go into the woods. Small victory.

Hole #1, par 5, started off really bad. Drive sliced right into the other fairway, second shot streaked off, but caught a tree branch right between the two fairways. Here's the good part. Third shot, the ball is about 10 yards behind a big freak'n shrub (10 feet tall!), the green is 170 yards behind that, and there are tree branches galore hanging overhead. To get anywhere near the green, I'd have to hit a 30-40 yard cut. Pull my six iron, adjust, and it's off like a bat out of hell. Clears the shrub, and streaks off to the right. I run into the fairway to see where it's going, and watch it hop a few times and comes to rest on the fringe a few yards to the right and below the hole! Then proceeded to get up and down for Par! Unbelievable. Did a little happy dance! :bananadance:

Hit a 7W to about 220yrds, right into and a bit down the turn of a 360yrd dogleg (#9/18 on the course).
I'm not wearing glasses on the course (rim gets into the way) and i've had difficulty hitting anything with a longer shaft than my 7I for some time now, so i could neither see it land nor even estimate how far it might travel. But it sure felt great... and when i got into viewing range, it really put a smile on my face :D

And i didn't even force it (and didnt the whole round) as i use/d to. Maybe i'm finally realizing that brute force isn't getting me anywhere (except woods, lakes, bushes, if the often topped or otherwise badly hit balls even made it that far)

For me it was a long and deep bunker greenside bunker shot (33 yards) into an uphill green with a 56* to about 18 inches. Needed it for a par.

Simi short par 5 today, like 495 yards, against the wind. I hit a crazy drive that started slightly right and drew back to center staying nice a low, maybe 275 yards, which is hugh for me. Then my #4 hybrid that hit the green and almost hit the flag, but rolled to the back of the green. This hole generally eats me up, so I was pretty excited, lol.

420 yard par four 10th, hit nice drive. Left with 110 to the hole. Hit a knockdown 56* to 2ft for birdie. Felt like I knew what I was doing!

I was 83 from center and it was a forward flag. I hit my SW 2 feet from the cup.

Later I sank a 9 foot putt for my first ever par 5 birdie. The SW was the better shot but the putt made me alot happier.

400y par 4 into a 20mph wind. Only hole I teed off with an iron (except of course the par 3's). Hit 3 iron twice to stop 10 ft right of the hole!

A short Par 4 (279 yards). Wind at my back and I drove the green! Nice fade on the ball and it hopped once then stopped. Im normally about 260 or so off the tee so this was really cool. My relationship with my driver has been rocky lately so it bought itself another round or two lol.

Got stuck deep in a greenside bunker with about a 2 foot lip between me and the hole. Only about 10 feet to work with from bunker to pin.
My buddies all yelled out "No way you're getting that on in one!" but I kept my confidence high, stepped in, got a good wrist hinge and popped it right out to about 3 feet from the hole. Made the putt for par and told them "That's how its done boys!"

400y par 4 into a 20mph wind. Only hole I teed off with an iron (except of course the par 3's). Hit 3 iron twice to stop 10 ft right of the hole!

Yep, I was there you creep! His 3 iron was about 40 yards past my driver, lol. It helped that I sliced into the rough, but he was hitting everything a mile and on his first time out this year. Don't you love guy's like that?

I hit a 5 or 6 iron badly at a green from 165 I think it was. He tossed a ball down and went over the green with a PW from there, I threw up, lmao.

466 yrd par 5 #2 dogleg left...
i absolutely nutted my drive over the trees with a big draw landing on the right side of the fw and a clean look at the green from 200 out water all along the right side... got my 4w out and hit a mean cut shot and reached the green in 2... ive never gotten close to hitting that green in 2... ever...
lipped out my eagle putt from 22'... tap in birdie...
all of those were my best shots of the day...
i love it when they all come together

Re: Best Shot Of Your Round

Hit a mini 'Phil shot' today...second shot on a 425yd par 4 was a 200-ish shot hit with my 4i that went between 2 trees and rolled down the fairway to just 98 yds to the pin. Proceeded to take 4 shots to go the remaining 98 yds which has been a recurring theme lately for me though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Play this hole that I have never parred before. Since I played 27 on Saturday I played it twice. Its a 350 Yard par 4. The first time I played it I hit a great drive straight down the middle about 200 (Which is awesome for me.) Then I take out my 21* and hit it perfect land it about 10 ft from the hole. Two putt for par.

The 2nd time I play it I'm 1 over through 3 on that 9. Well I take my drive over the fairway bunker way and put in on the right. side rough. But It ends up hitting the cart path and bounding to within 140 yards. The ball is sitting up with a bunch of tall trees guarding my shot to the left which takes out my cut. So I either put a straight shot right of the green of draw it on (which if I could draw it would be a huge deal. I pull out that 21* and hit a perfect draw land it around 8 foot and made the BIRDIE.

Played in a howling wind yesterday. 115 yard par 3 over a pond with a big-time tailwind. I hit a 52* wedge skidder that hit in front, kicked right into the pin and came to rest with a foot left for birdie.

Play this hole that I have never parred before. Since I played 27 on Saturday I played it twice. Its a 350 Yard par 4. The first time I played it I hit a great drive straight down the middle about 200 (Which is awesome for me.) Then I take out my 21* and hit it perfect land it about 10 ft from the hole. Two putt for par.

The 2nd time I play it I'm 1 over through 3 on that 9. Well I take my drive over the fairway bunker way and put in on the right. side rough. But It ends up hitting the cart path and bounding to within 140 yards. The ball is sitting up with a bunch of tall trees guarding my shot to the left which takes out my cut. So I either put a straight shot right of the green of draw it on (which if I could draw it would be a huge deal. I pull out that 21* and hit a perfect draw land it around 8 foot and made the BIRDIE.

NICE! gotta love it

We played 18 on a 9 hole course yesterday and playing from the tip's on the back 9 had us really pushed back coming into the 18th hole. These guy's playing with me are big hitters and with water left, slight dogleg right around a hill full of timber and up hill, I was really surprised to see three out of four of us had a shot at the green. Of course I was 40 yards behind the others once again, lol. From around 170 out and up hill against the wind I hit my 6 iron on the button. The ball never slid right or left, just straight at the flag. It landed about 5 feet in front of the flag rolled by the pin and stopped about 6 feet past. I missed the tricky down hill slider for bird, but was still stocked by my approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back