Dent's Leauge/Tournament Thread

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
Just a spot where I'll post all my results.

April 29th:

Just went to the course to check in to see if we were actually going to play today because of pouring rain and howling winds. I thought there was no way we were going to play but we did end up playing. I got soaked as soon as I left the car.

Going back to yesterday, My team qualified for Division I in the leauge. Only two people can play in the match per week from a team, so myself and a good friend of mine played today. The format was 3 hole increment match play, so for every 3 holes, whoever wins the most gets a point, it was our best score vs their best score:

We started on hole 12 where we tied, then 13 we tied as well. 14 my teammate made birdie to win the hole. Because we won 1/3 holes we earned ourselves a point. 15 they won with a birdie, and 16 they won with a par. They won 2/3 holes so they earned a point. 17 the hole was cancelled out, so on 18 I won the hole with a par and then back to 10 I drained a 30 footer for bird to close out the match, we won 2/3 holes earning us a point.

That meant we won the match with 2 points against their 1.

My friend had really good rain gloves so between shots we had to exchange gloves and shoot. It was almost impossible to hold the club.

Nice work Dent, way to step up and knock down a birdie at the last to win the match!

Congrats Dent. I look forward to hearing your results this season.

Congrats Dent. This will be fun to keep up with your results, good luck.

Nice Dent, good job on powering through the bad weather.

good stuff dent

Good match Dent. Keep us informed on everything through the season.

Cool thread Dent. I wish you best of luck this year. Can't believe how well you all did in such bad conditions.

Way to go Dent!! :clapp: Keep at it :)

May 12:

We just had our next match against another school today.

We teed off on one and took the lead with a par on the first hole. on 2 I hit it into the trees and my playing partner (the same good friend of mine) hit it into the water. We both scrambled around and halved the hole with bogey.

On three we ran into disaster and lost that hole. Because we lost that hole, we Halved the 3 holes and each earned ourselves half a point.

Number 5 was a par 5 that I drove in two and somehow 3 putted, while my good friend got up and down for birdie and won us the hole. On 6 its a par 3 over water I stuck to within two feet and got ourselves another birdie. We won 2/3 holes there earning us another point. We didn't need to play 6 so we skipped it.

On 7 my playing partner got us birdie, so we again won the hole. We had now birdied 3 holes in a row. And On 8, I finished off with Par for us to close out the match.

As of now we are currently 2-0 and have obtained 4 1/2 points.

Nice Dent, keep it up.

Great job Dent. Congrats on the win today!

Good match Dent. Congrats.

Keep it up Dent! :D

Way to go Dent. I know you were feeling a bit frustrated with your game, so this must feel extra satisfying.

good to hear Dent!

Way to go Dent. I know you were feeling a bit frustrated with your game, so this must feel extra satisfying.

Thanks Hawk, yes I really only won 2 holes for us, but my striking was a bit better yesterday.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Sound like things are coming together, Dent. Congrats on winning some holes and getting the team points. Good luck.

May 21:

Had a tournament with a shotgun start today at 9 AM. We have 4 guys on our team and the worst score is dropped and the best 3 are added up for the team score. Lowest wins. I started off on 16.

Birdied: 9
Parred: 16,17,18,1,2,4,6,7,14,15
Bogeyed: 3,5,8,10,11,12,13

So as you can see I was only +2 after 12 holes, and then got hit with 4 bogeys in a row. That really killed my game, 2 of those bogeys were just very unlucky drives, and another a 3 putt. I finished off the round with a 78.

6/14 FW's
11/18 Greens
35 Putts

I didn't stay long enough to see how our team did, but I know we didn't finish very well. Our top 3 scores were only 77,78,82 so definatly not a good overall team play by us.

Back