What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMG & Hack are going to break 90 before May is over! No doubt in my mind. One hole at a time and think of it this way. If you have four pars and the rest bogies on a par 72 for the front and back nine you will shoot 84. Don't try to par every hole but play for a bogie on the hard holes and get the four pars on the easier holes. Good luck and I will buy you both a cold one of your choice. Root beer or real beer :eek:).....

Excellent Hawk!! You are def on the way and I feel your pain when you know which shots are going to come back to haunt you. Keep at it and as long as you play the pink ball you always have a chance :act-up:

either one my man and we can both celebrate! I try so hard not to think about it, but then it creeps back in my head when I am doing well. my back nines are usually better then the fronts and I start to think what if on those first few holes!

You are on buddy! I even hope you pay up before I do :act-up: because that would be you shot lights out.

thanks gray! I gotta stop trying to make birdies every hole! and just shot for par or bogey and it will come! mmmmmmmmm rootbeer! :act-up:

SMG & Hack are going to break 90 before May is over! No doubt in my mind. One hole at a time and think of it this way. If you have four pars and the rest bogies on a par 72 for the front and back nine you will shoot 84. Don't try to par every hole but play for a bogie on the hard holes and get the four pars on the easier holes. Good luck and I will buy you both a cold one of your choice. Root beer or real beer :eek:).....

Re: What did you shoot today?

Sunday_Hacker said:
thanks gray! I gotta stop trying to make birdies every hole! and just shot for par or bogey and it will come! mmmmmmmmm rootbeer! :act-up:

Remember, on a par 72 course if you play bogey golf on each hole that's a score of 90 right there. Sprinkle in a par or birdie and you're breaking 90 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82 today...42/40 I started off poorly and ended with a 3 putt double bogey. Not exatly how I wanted to end my round. Handicap is getting lower though, according to oobgolf.com its down to 10.2

First men's club event this morning. Picked a partner and it was two man full handicap best ball. My partner was in a different group. I had a 42-38. Not too bad. Two doubles in that 42, and I missed about a 16" putt in there, too. We shot -6 which didn't put us in the money. I, however, won two skins in my flight for $5.50 in cash and the same in credit. Since my girls decided to forgo golf in the afternoon with me to go shopping, (typical chicks), I stuck around and they put together two foursomes for a nine hole scramble. Hit the ball pretty well in that aside from a couple chunky mid-irons. Won another $8.00.

Got some distance back today which was a relief. Took some "new guy" hazing which was cool, and they were giving me some crap about buying a drink so I bought a huge handful of drink chips and threw them on the bar. Everyone loved that. Of course then everyone wanted to buy me a drink and I had to explain I wasn't drinking. Fun day, and my game is coming along. Great camaraderie compared to my last home course. Should be a good year.

Kevin

Yeah Kevin - I'm so happy that you have golf friends - a whole group of them and they like you - they really like you.

Today was a VERY WINDY 74 (par 71). Hit the ball very well.Only one bad drive the whole day and missed greens were spot on for distance just off left or right.

Had one bogey and 8 pars on the front and 3 bogeys and one birdie on the back.

The greens were SO slow and very shaggy. Had a three putt bogey and tried to drive a 299 yard par four and pushed it into some fescue and made bogey. Should have been an easy par. Bonus, on 18(par 5) missed an eagle chip by 1/2" and had a true tap in birdie. Good way to finish.

I was "teaching" a friend playing only his 2nd round and I think instructing him helped me keep my fundamentals solid. Fun day!!!

Played a run-down Par 3 course today. Par 54. The greens are pathetic, dirt blotches, weeds growing, etc.

Shot 37 on the 1st nine...Then played the same nine again and shot 32, including 1 Birdie. The 2nd nine raised my confidence, had a nice draw going today, good chips when I needed...Putting was average at best, hit one put over 15 feet, the birdie, hah.

I shot an 87 today, despite hitting mass fairways. I just couldn't find a green to save my life.

I shot a 73, one over par, today. But, it was in a one man scramble, lol. Really pretty pathetic. I've chipped and putted so well all year so far, until these last two times out including today. I had plenty of chances and no three putts, just no one putts either. Got to play with three good buddies, stoner from here was one. He was flat out playing some great golf and smashing his drives. He got me by a stroke for an even par round. Playing with these big hitters had me swinging out of my shoes and while I hit several hugh drives, for me, now I need to be in traction, haha.

Re: What did you shoot today?

97. Drove the ball ok and putted very well (32). My aim was off to the right when shooting at greens and didn't take advantage of big drives. My latest issue is not being able to string good shots together. Irons and wedges are not strong for me now where driving and putting are. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crappy score but fun round... shot an 88... 43 front 45 back...
nutting driver all day and putted lights out... approach shots and girs were killing me tho...
reached a par5 green in 2 that ive never even come close to... lipped out the eagle putt :sad:
chipped one in for bogey... im at the edge of putting everything together and getting back to where i ended up last season in the low 80s with a few sprinkles of high 70s

Friday i shot a 120. Had a horrible front nine shooting a 67. Didn't get a chance to warm up and was hitting everything fat and thin. Then finished the back nine with a 53. Was first day playing with my new irons that i just got fitted for last weekend. Just bought the Mizuno MX-300. Then played Saturday morning and shot a 104 which is a personal best for me. Just started playing last year, finished last year shooting in the mid to high teens. With my goal this year getting closer to shooting around 100 every round. The new irons really helped me out. But still having trouble putting good shot together back to back.

Friday i shot a 120. Had a horrible front nine shooting a 67. Didn't get a chance to warm up and was hitting everything fat and thin. Then finished the back nine with a 53. Was first day playing with my new irons that i just got fitted for last weekend. Just bought the Mizuno MX-300. Then played Saturday morning and shot a 104 which is a personal best for me. Just started playing last year, finished last year shooting in the mid to high teens. With my goal this year getting closer to shooting around 100 every round. The new irons really helped me out. But still having trouble putting good shot together back to back.

Congratulations on the 104!

70.1/127 6233 yards from the forward tee's

Driver broke at the range so I played the entire round hitting a 3-wood off the deck
50/52- 102
8 penalty strokes, 4 Fairways, 2 GIR, 32 Putts

Every round out this year I play worse than the round before it... it is getting old fast

Today I played 27 holes. The wind was blowing HARD. 20-40 MPH but I was hitting the ball very well. Before I tee'd off, the gal in the proshop said "Are you sure you want to play? We don't have windchecks."

Shot 40/36/37.

The 440 par 4 4th was dead into the wind. Hit driver/3w both times and hammered the shots both times. The first time I was 10yrds short and the next time hit the green. Amazing par with 40mph wind. Normally hit driver, 2nd shot between 7-P.

The next hole downwind, 540 yard par 5, hit driver/P onto the green. Normally driver/3h-5i, so the wind was crazy, but super fun to play in.

The hardest part of the day was putting. The ball would roll out or come up short with the gusts.

I had a blast and even though I had no expectations, I played really well.

played the back 9 today, shot a 57. i felt pretty good because last time i shot a 69. i was shooting to the right, like i do and also topped a few balls, i get too excited and bring my head up, i want to see the ball fly, but i sure do look like an idiot when im looking in the sky for my ball when its 10 yards ahead of me

This morning I played in a 4 person Scramble. A fundraiser for the local High School. We shot 10 under 60 gross giving us a nett of 55.1. So now we are waiting for the phone call to see if we did it and won. Presentation is in the " local".

Just got done playing 18 at Black Bear Golf Club in Delhi, LA. Shot an 83. Not terrible but not great either. Didn't putt too well, but hit my irons great. Driver was hit and miss, with snap hooks being the bane of my existence. Overall not a bad day.

Played a quick 9-holes at a course on Lake Michigan. Shot a 41. Was missing left with my irons all day.

Yesterday, I played the best i have in my whole life. I shot 32 on the front nine with five birdies and a 41 on the back with two birdies. i ended up with 73 wich is the best in my life. it was 79.

Nice round, fatkid.

Yesterday, I played the best i have in my whole life. I shot 32 on the front nine with five birdies and a 41 on the back with two birdies. i ended up with 73 wich is the best in my life. it was 79.

played this morning on a 62 par course, i shot 110. i figure the only way to get better is to actually get out and practice, so ive been trying to get out as much as possible, i took the public transit to the course today and got paired up with the older ladies, who kicked my ass, good fun though.

Every round out this year I play worse than the round before it... it is getting old fast

99 (2 days ago - still posted here)

I agree RX! I have shot 82, 86, 94, 99 so far this year. Going in the wrong direction. The 99 was my worst round in about 3+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back