Keegan Bradley Short Game Tip

seems to be the opposite of the what the trackman video was suggesting, no? he's saying to move the club low and left, but trackman said it was better to swing open to the target for draw spin and a flat plane.

as someone who lives out on the toe for these shots, i've been told i need to swing more down the line so i try to envision swinging out a bit. seems to give me much better contact and much better spin.

I thought the same thing so I went back and watched Andrew Rice when he was making his swings to demonstrate the technique and while he was swinging the club head out to the right as it approached the ball, the club handle was staying low and around his body (like under the table/wall as Bradley was suggesting). And Andrew's club head began turning back in and around his body through the impact area. So I think the player Andrew Rice was teaching in the Trackman video was too out-to-in versus holding the club head down the line, which is why he was describing it in the way he was.

Spent about an hour hitting this shot today, with all my wedges. I noticed that when I opened the wedge a fraction at address I had the best results for accuracy. But it does put a decent amount of spin on the ball.

Spent about an hour hitting this shot today, with all my wedges. I noticed that when I opened the wedge a fraction at address I had the best results for accuracy. But it does put a decent amount of spin on the ball.

Nice. Did you have any issues?

Good tip...now if I can just remember it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nice. Did you have any issues?

The only issue I saw was I tended to make contact more heel oriented on the face of the club.

The only issue I saw was I tended to make contact more heel oriented on the face of the club.

Interesting. Dispersion good?
This is the way I was taught to hit this type of shot, so the tip made sense to me. I was surprised to learn how many golfers go down the line.

Dispersion was shaky initially, but as I got comfortable with it, I started throwing darts. 40-75 yards as I worked around the range with different wedges. I was pretty happy with it.

Something about the way he explained it just made sense. One of those light bulb on things.

I Have a tendency to stab at those and chunk them.

Dispersion was shaky initially, but as I got comfortable with it, I started throwing darts. 40-75 yards as I worked around the range with different wedges. I was pretty happy with it.

Good to hear. It puts more spin on the ball to me, because of how I am getting more ball first contact rather than down the line where I have a tendency to hit behind the ball a bit.

Excellent short video, I need to work more on this.

Good to hear. It puts more spin on the ball to me, because of how I am getting more ball first contact rather than down the line where I have a tendency to hit behind the ball a bit.

Yeah man, glad you posted it. More tools in the tool box is a good thing.

I was trying to explain how to hit this type of shot to my Dad this weekend and this would have been very handy video to show him.

Cool. Definitely going to try this out.

fully recognizing that this is taking the thread in a different direction, i feel like when you watch really good players play these shots, the point at which the club contacts the ground is actually just a bit behind the ball, because they're using bounce. it's an intentional thing. they don't hit the ball first. this video explained it in an interesting way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38FCxpgINq8

lots of ways to skin the golf cat

That's a great tip. I can't tell you how many times ive chunked that exact same shot when it rains down here in South Florida and the ground is soft. I

interested in trying this out at the practice area soon... interesting visual

I practiced this shot earlier at the range and I was making much better contact than what I am used to. I had trouble with distances at first, but Once I got used to the better contact, it felt great

Interesting video. Never have heard this before, but I have definitely experienced the down the line issues. I will begin working on this shot during my next practice session.

Very interesting. I'm going to be trying this. I know this is something I haven't done on those shots and could probably help me a ton.

I can't wait to try this out. Shots in that range are a huge struggle for me.

Tried it some last night. I was inconsistent, to say the least, but when I did it right the results were as advertised. Practice, practice, and more practice!!

I practiced this some as well last night with good results. I was actually more interested in the under the wall thought with all my clubs as I have a tendency to block and or unhinge early and hook shots. I've been looking for a thought to try and help correct my path some and this seemed to help. I'll have to continue to practice using this as a swing thought and see where it takes me.

It reminded me of the episode of Playing Lessons with Scott Stallings. I couldn't find any pics/video of it the scene I'm thinking of, but at the beginning of the show he's on the range and uses an alignment rod stuck into the ground in front of him and toward the target but pointing back toward and over the ball. It forces him to stay down and through, and swing around his body. If he kept going straight or to the right he'd crash into the alignment rod. So if his target was 12 o'clock, the rod was in the ground between 1 and 2 o'clock and pointing diagonal back towards him and 7 or 8 o'clock. Hopefully my description makes sense.

This works great,was doing it like he said most amateurs do,then started to swing around mine body no more fat shots��

Good tip. Flattens the angle of attack a bit. Gets better spin loft numbers with a lower trajectory. I worked on this over the winter on short pitches.

Back