Telling the wife later

Don't hide anything I purchase.

What Panda said. Just not a good practice to get into, very toxic.

I try to limit the amount of stress on my marriage as I'm not the easiest person to live with sometimes. I don't hide anything but she knows when something is on the horizon.

She golfs now so if she wants something shiny for the bag, turn about is fair play.

I've never hid anything from my wife. She has her money and I have mine.......

Same here. We each pay our portion of the bills and whatever is left over is ours to manage. She spends her extra money on Arts and Crafts stuff and my extra cash usually goes to new hunting gear.

I don't advertise it and will get it in the bag or put away asap so as to avoid the possible attitude because wanting and needing are 2 different things and any club purchase is rarely cheap.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The last stuff I bought was a full set of Callaways (driver, woods, hybrids and irons). Didn't tell the wife.

She found out about it though. They were for her. hehe.

I'm with ya here Panda. We both have our own hobbies and we both have separate monies for our own hobbies. I don't complain about what she gets and she has never batted an eye and my golf hobby. Hell have the time for Xmas and Birthdays she enables it.

Uep, all anyone has to do is read the thread about your birthday present and they'll realize she fully supports your hobby:D

Honestly Amanda sounds like a true winner, hope to meet her one day.

Uep, all anyone has to do is read the thread about your birthday present and they'll realize she fully supports your hobby:D

Honestly Amanda sounds like a true winner, hope to meet her one day.
We will make it happen I'll drag her and make her play lol

Um, once I changed a UPS delivery of a new club from my house to the UPS hub so I could pick it up instead of being delivered to my house.

Let them ride together.......seems only logical

No point hiding it, they always find out. Better to up front than on the couch.

Let them ride together.......seems only logical

We should find a nice scramble to play in with them so they don't have any pressure to play well lol!

I used to hide it but she always found out and it made it worse. I just tell her now, let her voice her displeasure and move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife knows but she also understands I have many reasons for boxes to arrive.
A) She plays golf and I have built all the clubs in her bag.
B) I have Canadian friends who have clubs shipped here, I am welcome to try them first, and then forward them north.
C) I build clubs for my school golf program
D) I buy /sell / build / trade, so if there are as many boxes heading out as arriving, I'm good.
E) She understands my love and appreciation for the game.

I don't hide it. The potential benefits do not out weigh the inevitable consequences of lying in a marriage.

I got rid of the wife and buy whatever I want for me and my son, I won't go back! Lol

I don't hide it but my wife "gets it". She is a tennis equipment ho and must have 15-20 rackets, 30 pairs of sneakers and dozens of outfits. So what's a new golf club here and there!

Read some of this before I left work... hahaha... title has since changed.

My view is that if your not robbing cash from the grocery fund and the wife isn't shutting you off when you're caught in the act,,,go for it. You never know when that next impulse buy will turn you into the golf stud that you know is deep down inside you just waiting to bust out. Then your wife will see that stud as you waltz into the house after you shoot a slick 59. She will be banging you silly. Win win!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Back