now I am told I need a nice 60 degree wedge by instructor

I have a Cleveland Gunmetal 588 that has been sitting in my closet. Not sure if it would be worth it though to ship to FL.

Hollywood tested out the Eidolons yesterday and was in love.

Just get a new instructor!

Why should your intructor tell you what clubs to get? They are paid to teach you swing mechanics, not which clubs to get.

Nobody actually "needs" a 60º. Probably one of the hardest clubs to use correctly.

Hollywood takes lessons from the same teacher that teaches Brittany Lincicome and what he was telling him was that he uses a 52* and could benefit his game with another higher lofted club either a 58 or a 60.

Nobody actually "needs" a 60º. Probably one of the hardest clubs to use correctly.

agreed. i play a 58* which is similar but they are still one of the harder clubs to be consistent with. start throwing in distance control too, that takes a lot of practice. thats why i am rusty

Congrats on 600 ak

thank you kind sir. it has been a good weekend for me. my partner and i won the tournament i played at in georgia, had valentines yesterday since i wasnt here saturday, and just met with a college coach today who is very excited to watch me progress over the next 6 months

I have a vokey 260.08 head laying in the garage..grooves look good.

Dude, you're in Tampa.

*This is where Gummi divulges his shopping secrets, take notes*

Hit up the local Golfsmith (or similar) and rummage through the used wedges. There are dozens in every store I've ever been to.

Pay attention to the date code on the price sticker, the longer they've had it, the more they're willing to discount it. I've bought Adams wedges in nearly new condition for $12, PING for $40, etc. Carry your booty up to the register, and start haggling like you're in a flea market, toss out everything to convince them that you're doing them a favor, and it's really just a hindrance for them to keep it around. *Important Note* - leave their momma out of the discussion, nothing good comes from that; trust me.

You'll always pay more for a Vokey, Cleveland or Callaway X-Forged, because of their perceived superiority.

He also has T&D right near him that is a huge used golf club shop.

Agree with having a more lofted club in the bag. I carry a 54 and 58.

He also has T&D right near him that is a huge used golf club shop.

i love rummaging through their (T&D) old clubs. you can find some really cool stuff there sometimes

You aint joking about and they are probley one of the coolest people around

yeah, Matt is great. he's done some really nice work for me recently putting some irons together, and he is VERRRRY reasonable. he has a great shop

Back