BlackBerry or Android?

All I have to say about that is like JB said, try the touchscreen and terrible battery life. I used BBM alot and it kills the battery on the storm 2 which sucks to start with. Had the storm 2 before my Droid and it couldnt make it through half a day before needing a recharge.

Now that's something that really bothers me. I thought they fixed the battery life problems. I get crazy long life out of my old Curve. After using this thing a couple years now it still only has to be charged every two day's and thats generally in the truck while driving to a store, say 1 1/2 hour charge time.

I have a BB curve and the battery life is just fine. I get from 30-50 e-mails a day plus some days that many phone calls I also text a bit and use messanger and have no problem making it through the day

Yeah, the battery life in these things are something else. When I used the golf app I had, it would last a full round and still not need charged for a while.

If you're a former Alltel customer, I wouldn't upgrade in-store. Upgrade through your account on vzw.com. Write down the phones you're interested in and "play with them" in the store to see which one you like the best. I just upgraded to the Curve 2 (8530) about a month ago and it was free instead of the 29.99 in-store price with free overnight shipping. I was able to keep my cheaper Alltel voice plan (750 minutes + 5 My Circle numbers for 49.99), but my Alltel $20 a month unlimited text and data plan wasn't compatible with a Verizon phone, so I had to get one of Verizon's data plans.

We've been lucky that the phones we want to upgrade to have usually been carried at WalMart. Most of the phones there are free with the two year extension. The phone I have would have cost me $30 through the T-Mobile website but was free there. Plus, you get it right then. One thing to think about though is if you get a phone there, you only have two weeks to return it there, otherwise you have to go to a regular store to deal with issues. I don't have a Smart Phone though and never really paid attention to how much they are there or whether they are free or not. But it's an option. WalMarts are everywhere. Except right down the street from Motel 6 in Omaha, even though there's a sign across the street! (It was being built!)

Back