The Official 2016 MLB Thread

We do, but he's averaging like 8 home runs a year

He hit 16 last year haha. I bet he is probably still the #1 prospect in your system, but I am not in the loop. Baseball America will have something out at some point.

Indians had 141 HR's good for 22nd

and HOLY COW atlanta had only 100, thats crazy

oh and 142 in 2014

down from 171 in 2013 when they made the playoffs

He hit 16 last year haha. I bet he is probably still the #1 prospect in your system, but I am not in the loop. Baseball America will have something out at some point.

Lol ya your right. I remember seeing he only had like 10 at Akron but forgot that was only for half a season

oh and 142 in 2014

down from 171 in 2013 when they made the playoffs

the Royals and Cardinals from 2014 are on line 1... Don't need home runs to make the playoffs

EDIT: 105 for Cards 95 for Royals in 14 hahaha

Indians had 141 HR's good for 22nd

and HOLY COW atlanta had only 100, thats crazy
ATL is downright terrible right now and all they are signing is minor league pitchers. The ATL Facebook page is a fun read. Every time they sign another pitcher people wonder if they'll play 3B, 2B or what.

I know the average fan knows squat but still amuses me to see it all go down

The Royals and Lorenzo Cain agreed on a two year deal for $17.5 million. Bargain for KC. I wish they had spent more money and locked him up for longer.

They also signed one year deals with Dyson and Duffy and three others and avoided arbitration.

Really curious to see which Rockies LH outfielder gets dealt.

I have a feeling watching the reds this year is going to be like watch a AAA team.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Davis to re-sign with Orioles for $161 million over 7 years

I just scored tickets for the Giants opening series in Milwaukee. All 3 games, sitting no worse than 7th row behind Giants dugout.

I'm pumped! Can't wait for baseball....I mean, it is an even year..... 2010-2012-2014-2016? :banana:

I just scored tickets for the Giants opening series in Milwaukee. All 3 games, sitting no worse than 7th row behind Giants dugout.

I'm pumped! Can't wait for baseball....I mean, it is an even year..... 2010-2012-2014-2016? :banana:

I figure it's a lock for you guys. I'm already looking forward to 2017 haha

Yeah buddy....go Giants!!!

Upton gets 132 million? Holy ****!
Guy hit 250 last year with less than 85 RBIs.

I like that he is an upgrade for our LF position, and I forsee him batting 2nd, in front of Miggy.
He will probably get a lot of good pitches...

Hope so anyway.

Guys like Upton get paid for the 30+ home runs they can hit. Teams look past the 150+ strikeouts the 2-3 months he disappears during the season.

The braves overpaid for his brother who doesn't have the numbers potential he does.

I like that he is an upgrade for our LF position, and I forsee him batting 2nd, in front of Miggy.
He will probably get a lot of good pitches...

Hope so anyway.

I was totally thinking Cespedes was come back. Did not see this happening. Gotta love Mike Illitch and his never ending check book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys like Upton get paid for the 30+ home runs they can hit. Teams look past the 150+ strikeouts the 2-3 months he disappears during the season.

The braves overpaid for his brother who doesn't have the numbers potential he does.

OH don't get me started on BJ....errr....Melvin, probably goes back to BJ this year.

Personally, I liked JUP when he was with the Braves. Ya, he struck out a lot, but he almost always seemed to hit the ball hard when he made contact.

I think the Tigers did overspend, but they needed to make a splash this year. The Royals made some moves, nothing crazy....well to crazy....I'm glad they signed Gordon for what's probably the rest of his career, that's great and all...but I think they over paid him, too.

It is the going rate... It is crazy dude... Bryce Harper is going to get a 400 million dollar contract.

It is the going rate... It is crazy dude... Bryce Harper is going to get a 400 million dollar contract.

Why do I get a feeling Harper WILL get that contract, but ONLY from the Yankees or Dodgers?

Its awful. Its freaking awful. Not because of guys getting paid, I am all for that, but because of how they are structured. This guy could literally bat zero and make that entire pay. Get zero hits and 200 ABs and get 20+ million for years.

Its shocking that the sport hasnt figured it out yet.

Either MLB owners are incredibly dumb, swimming in money or both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aren't the Mets still paying Bobby Bonilla like 1.5 million a year because of a contract he got back in the day?

Back