Edel Putters Booth

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This man fascinated us. Not only does he make some of the finest putters in the world, but his fitting is like nothing anybody has ever seen before. The amount of famous people getting fitted by him was ridiculous. Here are a few pictures of his work. A video will be up later as well showing his adjustable loft technology that he has had for the last 5 years. He also makes his own watches and belt buckles. He was kind enough to give THP a limited edition prototype and I was like a school girl.

465256614_hjZKK-L.jpg

465256893_LVxdm-L.jpg

465256324_sm8P5-L.jpg

465255960_5mqf3-L.jpg

465256138_SRqy3-L.jpg

In the short time we got to speak to David I learned so much about what goes into getting properly fitted for a Putter. The wealth of knowledge and passion he has is something quite remarkable. Of everyone we talked to at the show he was by far the most impressive on so many levels.

WOW! A tinkerers dream!

That belt buckle is pretty righteous as well!

• Admin
His watch that he made is the most amazing piece I have ever seen.

His watch that he made is the most amazing piece I have ever seen.

You gonna tease us about it, or show a picture?:D

• Admin
We did not get a photo unfortunately but he promised to send us some pics. He is also sending a video of him milling things. A fabulous guy that is one of the brightest I have ever met.

His watch was so nice. All his stuff is amazing, I only wish I had a 1/3 of his talent in anything. As I said before he is just such an impressive guy, and soooo nice!

• Admin
Someone asked me today what was the one booth that blew my mind. While there were tons that are just flat out amazing, this guy takes the cake. Every golfer should experience a conversation with him just once.

OH MY GOODNESS! That belt buckle is AMAZING! I LOVE it.

I am hoping he starts to sell these buckles.

Someone asked me today what was the one booth that blew my mind. While there were tons that are just flat out amazing, this guy takes the cake. Every golfer should experience a conversation with him just once.

I felt like I was on tour talking about flatsticks with this guy... he slammed left hand low but looked at my stroke and said left hand actually worked well with my posture, set up, and stroke.

I am going to work out some details with David for a putting lesson this summer... I am headed to Georgia!

Did he have any firm positions on the arc vs straight-through strokes? On Stan Utley's book? On Pelz's?

Actually he has some really interesting thoughts on both of them WSE. We are working on setting up an interview with him soon. He is in the process of moving his warehouse so we are a little delayed.

I have to say that I have had one of his putters in my shop for a little finish alteration and it was one of the single most impressively finished and crafted putters that I have ever held in my hands.
I would LOVE the chance to sit down and talk with David, even more so to get a chance to see him at work. It is amazing how much you can learn from a guy who is really passionate about his craft.
Just had to add that little note,
LaMont in AZ

I have to say that I have had one of his putters in my shop for a little finish alteration and it was one of the single most impressively finished and crafted putters that I have ever held in my hands.
I would LOVE the chance to sit down and talk with David, even more so to get a chance to see him at work. It is amazing how much you can learn from a guy who is really passionate about his craft.
Just had to add that little note,
LaMont in AZ

Coming from Lamont... that means a lot people!

We have an interview scheduled with David Edel coming up very soon.

Did he ever get settled in Austin, or is he still up north?

I know I am looking forward to the interview.

Did this interview happen and I missed it?

The interview was rescheduled for next week. It wil be up on our main page in about 2 weeks.

that is simply impressive

Back