Callaway golf shipping?

tmtitleist411

#covertpondering
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.9
Hey guys, I ordered a X Hot Pro 3 Deep on Thursday with everything stock except for a different grip. 4 days later, it still says being processed. It was originally backordered, which changed on friday morning. Have you guys ordered directly from Callaway in the past, and how long did it take you to receive your clubs? I forgot to mention that I used ground shipping. Thanks!

I ordered my fairways direct from Callaway. It took a few weeks.

I ordered my fairways direct from Callaway. It took a few weeks.

I noticed you have Black Ties in them.... were they backordered when you originally placed the order?

I noticed you have Black Ties in them.... were they backordered when you originally placed the order?

The 3wood was. The 5wood said 1 week. It was three weeks for the 5w. 4 weeks for the 3w. When I ordered mine, it was March and the season was still 7 weeks away, so I didn't get upset because I wasn't golfing anyways.

Hey guys, I ordered a X Hot Pro 3 Deep on Thursday with everything stock except for a different grip. 4 days later, it still says being processed. It was originally backordered, which changed on friday morning. Have you guys ordered directly from Callaway in the past, and how long did it take you to receive your clubs? I forgot to mention that I used ground shipping. Thanks!

They're usually pretty good about getting things out fast. In the future though unless it was cheaper to have Callaway install the grip, have it done once you get it in. Sometimes the regripping fee you pay (if the shop even charges you) can be worth the quicker time to receive it.

The 3wood was. The 5wood said 1 week. It was three weeks for the 5w. 4 weeks for the 3w. When I ordered mine, it was March and the season was still 7 weeks away, so I didn't get upset because I wasn't golfing anyways.

Alright I'm not too worried then. Really hoping to get it before Sunday, because I'm heading to Wake for a week for golf camp. Thanks for the info man!

They're usually pretty good about getting things out fast. In the future though unless it was cheaper to have Callaway install the grip, have it done once you get it in. Sometimes the regripping fee you pay (if the shop even charges you) can be worth the quicker time to receive it.

It was 5 bucks extra, compared to buying the grip for 5.50 at GG and then paying the regripping fee.

I ordered a oban shaft for my xhot driver three weeks ago. Still waiting on it. And I went directly through the sales rep. Not thrilled but still waiting.

Got to remember shipping in itself takes a week or so from the west coast. I bought the same club ordered through my home course, and it arrived inside of ten days to Indiana.

Got to remember shipping in itself takes a week or so from the west coast. I bought the same club ordered through my home course, and it arrived inside of ten days to Indiana.

I know, but I'm really impatient... if worse comes to worse, I may have my dad overnight it to me at Wake. Hopefully it doesn't come to that though.

Sounds pretty standard to me, if it was four weeks I'd say worry but four days over a weekend no need to sweat it

Sounds pretty standard to me, if it was four weeks I'd say worry but four days over a weekend no need to sweat it

Thanks Tadashi... due to a combination of stress from exams, excitement for Wake, and joy at the prospects of finally snagging a 3 Deep, I've been a little bit on edge/impatient lately... how's yours treating you?

Thanks Tadashi... due to a combination of stress from exams, excitement for Wake, and joy at the prospects of finally snagging a 3 Deep, I've been a little bit on edge/impatient lately... how's yours treating you?

It will faster be your favorite club. I could pull it on every hole. Patients is never needed when waiting on a wicked cool club.

Callaways stock clubs are pre-built and ship from California. However, anything custom, even just a grip change, is built from components and ships out of Mexico.

I've played a lot of Callaway the last couple years and its usually 2-2.5 weeks for custom for my orders unless something is on backorder. Our customers orders are about 1-1.5 weeks though. Good news is once you have tracking and it clears customs, it's a day or two from your doorstep. If I had to guess I'd say early next week.

For future reference, if you buy from us we don't charge the labor on the re-grip, just the cost of grip.

Callaways stock clubs are pre-built and ship from California. However, anything custom, even just a grip change, is built from components and ships out of Mexico.

I've played a lot of Callaway the last couple years and its usually 2-2.5 weeks for custom for my orders unless something is on backorder. Our customers orders are about 1-1.5 weeks though. Good news is once you have tracking and it clears customs, it's a day or two from your doorstep. If I had to guess I'd say early next week.

For future reference, if you buy from us we don't charge the labor on the re-grip, just the cost of grip.

I had planned to man, but the combination of not having a regular flex in store and an amazing friends-and-family deal from Callaway swayed our decision. Irons later this summer though are definitely not out of the question.

UPDATE: I worry wayyyyyyyy too much. It shipped early this morning (or late last night, its hard to tell from UPS' convoluted website). Now the waiting begins...

Sure enough my recent custom clubs shipped from Mexico. Seems strange to me given 8-10 years ago I used to go down to Carlsbad go to Taylormade and Callaway and get tours of their headquarters and their assembly plants. Back then Callaway used to do custom order assembly out of the Carlsbad location. Not trying to sound stereotypical, but I hope my clubs come properly assembled (assembled correctly in Mexico) and in mint condition (not compromised by customs). Joking aside (thousands/millions of clubs get assembled in Mexico and make it through customs in perfect condition every year) I hope you're right (and it still holds true 2 year later) about transport being quick once items clear customs.

I've had to wait a month for a Fubuki Ax Hybrid shaft in an XR Hybrid. It is a nice shaft - gets the ball up easy and high, and when you do not hit it center, it lets you know ..ouch.

Last edited:
I customer ordered a 3W. Shipped on 4/27 and picked up at the post office today (6/9). This was shipping to APO/FPO, so that's about 5-6 weeks.

Anyone else order a MD2 54* within the last month? Just got an update saying it is backordered till June 29th! (I ordered the clubs on May 19th!)

I have custom clubs back ordered since 06/02, some say 7 days, my pw say 6 weeks?!

Back