GolfProgress: My journey to a 7 index (I'm currently a 12)

GolfProgress

Reaction score
Handicap
This is a great forum and I respect the members and their knowledge of the golf swing.

I'm documenting my efforts to be good enough at this game to shoot in the low 80s and to break 80 enough so that it's not a big deal. My focus is on golf specific fitness, drills done at home, using practice equipment and training aids that allow me to practice without going to the golf course, and of course talking to hundreds of instructors and fellow golfers. If this sounds like information overload, you're right! Here's a Golf Progress update from a few months ago, I use a Casio High Speed camera for these little movies. Any feedback would be much appreciated!

[YOUTUBE]6T2FEBgZ8FA[/YOUTUBE]

See if you can remake that video, it has some problems with music. thats crazy Im at 12.5 and goal for 2011 is to get down to 7, lets do it together!

No one has mentioned any problems with the music before, what does it sound like to you? Where do you live?

well, I'm at 14 and trying to get down to 9, so we're all trying to drop 5 strokes. This needs to be the year!!!

I'm with you guys, this is the year to drop it well into the single digits!!!

Welcome to THP!

I'm curious about your website. Are you sponsored by the companies that have products there? Or have you used them to improve your game?

I had a sponsorship from marriott golf for a little. No product sponsors, which links are you curious about?

Good luck on getting to a 7!!

Good luck getting to 7, I am trying to get my down as far as I can this year.

Hawk: You're probably the first person to visit those pages! They were an initial attempt to monetize the traffic and will be updated soon. I haven't used the Z Putter but I do have a Dreamswing, here's a video review I did:

Last edited:
See if you can remake that video, it has some problems with music. thats crazy Im at 12.5 and goal for 2011 is to get down to 7, lets do it together!

Good luck Vadim, the downswing looks good in your Av.

I appreciate the follow up :) Best of luck on your journey. You make some nice videos and seem to really have the drive to keep improving. I can definitely relate to that.

Good luck with your quest to be better. I was as low as 5 at one time, but stayed around 7 or 8 for a number of years, but with age, my index has been coming up the past few years. For me it never came easy and I had to put in lots of time to get and stay there.
Good luck! You should make it given your drive.

2011 Recap

2011 Recap

It's been awhile since I've been at THP but wanted to update anyone who was interested in my quest to get to a seven index. Here's a video recap I made last week. In short, I failed. Watch to see why:

[YOUTUBE]Szo5oFxz7uc[/YOUTUBE]

Keep on keeping on! You'll get there in due time.

Back