Nike VRS Covert 2.0 Forged Irons Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think?

VR_S_COVERT_FORGED_7_IRON_SLDR_PPT%20copy-thumb-460x460-107167.jpg

A nice looking forged GI head. But it's got nothin on the Apex, at least in the looks department IMHO.

Looks like a Nike iron. I've never been a fan, but this looks ok.

Thank you Nike or making it easier for me being a homer.

I see a little bit of VRS Forged in there with the ridges in the cavity. Not a fan of the swoosh on the toe but that's just me being picky.

Looks sharp. My only real complaint from last years was the clicking sound from the long irons. But the feel was great. Are these a VR Forged replacement?

Sorta reminds me of the VRS Forged, which means it will probably be RH only. It looks pretty good, but not as good as the apex

Meh , I will stick with my Callaways

looks like a 80's design... but again, never liked nike's desings in golf clubs

Look like the slingshots

Nike-Slingshot_HL-Irons_600_0.jpg

I like em! They look like a toned down version of the VR_S forged from a year go.

Sorta reminds me of the VRS Forged, which means it will probably be RH only. It looks pretty good, but not as good as the apex

Its like they took all the great elements of looks from that line and said...Lets Nike-Ize them instead.
I kid I kid.

I think it looks good. I'm a fan of simple design. I haven't tried much Nike gear in the last few years because I was never much of a fan. I am now fully in the "I'll try anything" camp, and these would be no different.

Its like they took all the great elements of looks from that line and said...Lets Nike-Ize them instead.
I kid I kid.

I quite liked the VRS forged line in terms of looks though. I remember playing with you when you had them and thought they looked pretty solid. These look sorta "blah" almost. Not bad not good, but like I said probably only RH anyway

These look pretty good, I bet these will be great irons. I love that we are getting more and more options in this category.

I quite liked the VRS forged line in terms of looks though. I remember playing with you when you had them and thought they looked pretty solid. These look sorta "blah" almost. Not bad not good, but like I said probably only RH anyway

I liked the looks of that line too.

Looks alright, doesn't pop in the picture like other's. Maybe an in hand picture(s) would be better.

ZZZZzzzzzzz......

Last edited:
They look decent, definitely not the best looking iron, not the ugliest either.

I hope they look at feel like the VRS Forged. I loved that iron set. I don't think they look bad, but kind of bland to me.

The look generic to me to be honest. That said, if they play like the VRS Forged did, I'll become much more intrigued. Just not what I expected out of Nike in the looks department TBH.

In hand can always change that though, looking forward to seeing them at the show possibly.

Not terrible.

simple & clean for a GI iron. I like it.

Back