Half Century Birthday Lunch

Esox

Reaction score
Handicap
My Wife and I went for my birthday lunch at a little Italian joint near our house. They have great thin crust pizza, great lasagna, and famous garlic bread. The bread comes in bricks that have hard, crunchy sides, and a middle that is both crunchy and airy. It is soaked in butter and almost crusted in garlic salt.

They had a buffet going with all three things available for $9.00 which includes a soft drink. I had three 2" x 3" squares of lasagna, six 2" x 2" pizza squares, and two bricks of garlic bread. I am so full I think I need to lay down. I bet I consumed at least a pound of melted mozzarella cheese. I have called off a "my choice" birthday dinner, and am demanding only cake and a grape slush from Sonic for my birthday evening meal.

Kevin

That sounds absolutely delicious. Glad you had a great lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice, Esox, I love buffets!

Did you get a Packer cake? hehe

why such a light lunch?

No pics, didn't happen :devil:

Lmao, I say troll.

I'll have you know, I take food claims VERY seriously.
I got mad at my friends for not taking pictures of the steaks I missed out on when they were in Invermere. Their response was "food is just to be eaten, not take pictures of" So.. as far as I am concerned, they ate pine needles and bits of bear faeces.

I got mad at my friends for not taking pictures of the steaks I missed out on when they were in Invermere. Their response was "food is just to be eaten, not take pictures of" So.. as far as I am concerned, they ate pine needles and bits of bear faeces.

I can tell by your avatar... Still don't know what it really is because it's so red.

That sounds like a "Last meal", not a birthday lunch.
Happy 50th !!!

I can tell by your avatar... Still don't know what it really is because it's so red.

Are you one of those people who ruins meat by cooking it till it's grey!?
That's about a 1lb slab of prime rib!

Sorry Esox...

I could use some of that garlic bread... that sounds amazing - much like a large crouton of awesomeness.

Sounds like a great Birthday lunch Kevin.

No pictures today, but here's a few tidbits we have ordered or cooked and eaten in the past to give you some reference on how I roll. Those are duck fat fries with the sausages.

recital_lasagna017-1.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

hot_dougs005.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

:eat::drinks::friends:

That is all.

That's intense. wow...

PS- Fink I like my steak well done :D

Obviously because you don't live in Alberta.
You probably have subpar beef imported from somewhere.

Congrats on the 50th, sounds like a great lunch. I do believe that it happened just from the pics of other throw downs. Good job.

Sounds like an awesome feast! I hope it led toward a food induced afternoon coma.

Dang Kevin, they'd have to roll me home, lol. Congrats on the Birthday, sounds like a fun day. Hope your Sonic slush was especially good!!

Happy birthday, old timer. Few more years and you will get a dicount.

Those pictures = post of the day

Glad that you had such a good lunch, Kevin. That's a worthy birthday treat for a man of stature such as yourself.

Back