Club upgrade (about time)

Atticus

CMSgt of THP
Reaction score
Hello I have been playing with a set of Titleist Acushnet ac-108's (my grandfather gave them to me as my first set) for a long time now and finally came to the realization thats its time to upgrade. I was looking at the X-22's and the Nike victory red's and just trying to get some opinions on what people think of these irons.

Welcome. You are sitting on a pretty good fence and will be happy with any of the sets you spoke about. Check them both out at demo days and see which ones feel the best to you.

based on JB's reviews and the feedback from the PGA show if you chose any of the clubs you mentioned you will be a very happy person : ) Oh and Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP Atticus.

thank you for all the replies guess ill wait and see if any demo days happen around where I am in Nebraska.

thank you for all the replies guess ill wait and see if any demo days happen around where I am in Nebraska.

for sure... wait for the weather to swing by, keep an open mind, and demo and test as many clubs as you can get your hands on. purchasing irons can be a long process and a lot of factors come into play.

Whereabout in Nebraska are you?

Most of the clubs you are speaking about can be seen at local shops. You can always go there and hit them all and see which one feels the best that way.

Well I went to Scheels and hit the X-22's and Full Cavity VR's and I have to say I like them both about equal. The X-22's are $619.99 and the VR's are $699.99 but I think im going to stick with the Nikes only b/c I like the grips better and im not a fan of chrome. Thanks for the reviews and opinions I will be picking them up with-in the week and getting them fitted :banana:

Great news Atticus. Take pictures when you get your new toys.

Sounds great. I don't need new irons just yet, but if I did, the Nike's would definitely be in the demo mix.

Hopefully they will be in tomorrow and I can get fitted and have them to play in the afternoon :good:

We want pictures when you get them Atticus. Great news.

Sounds great. I don't need new irons just yet, but if I did, the Nike's would definitely be in the demo mix.

Same...i bought my irons this year (and i'm happy with them still), but Nike had exactly zero sets of irons that were even marginally appealing.

This new Victory Red line is nice....full cavity's and especially the split cavity's....they look well nice.

Congrats on the new clubs.

Back