Nickent 3DX RC IW and 4DX Fairway Hosel Sizes

Roger.Willson

Reaction score
Handicap
NSFW
Once again, I was able scour the interwebz and located the following:

Nickent 3DX RC IW - 3,4,5,6 - Hosel .370?

Nickent 4DX Fairway - 3,5 Wood - Hosel .335 or .350?

Can someone of club building guild validate these?

I am reshafting my 5,6 IW and 3,5 wood and am buying the shafts myself (MUCH cheaper).

Yes sir. The Nickent guide isn't linked but it's there (changed the name of the pdf link and found it) and only has the 3DX DC, 4DC Utility and 4DX IW. All at .370. Google had various links but thought someone on THP would have reshafted and validated the sizes before.

Now, are these tapered or parallel? Or is that only shaft specific?

Any recommendations on shafts for hybrids and 3 woods? By all the calculations I've done both in a shop and online (and excel) it seems a stiff shaft is where I'll be this year. My swing has changed so much this first year that my swing speed on the 5/6 iron and driver common tests are moving into the middle of the stiff range with speed/distance. I'm still researching my iron shafts as I bought a used set of True Temper Black Gold regular flex (knockoff TurboPower heads) and those "seem" to work fine for now. The reason I'm asking is I bought a new Nickent 3DX RC IW #6 that has a R/Light shaft in it (between reg/senior) and want to reshaft it. The used 4DX 3 Wood I bought has a XStiff shaft I'm going to try out but not sure how this will work out.

Shafts I've looked at so far for the Hybrid are:
Aldila 75 Hybrid S (not in production)
Aldila 105 Hybrid S (not in production)
Aldila 85 Hybrid S (current production)
UST ProForce V2 Hybrid s (current production)
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Hybrid S (current production)
I current have the ProLaunch Blue 65S wood shafts in my current 3/5 wood (knockoff) and really liked the feel.

Suggestions welcome. FYI, I'm a tad on the cheap side as I'm still learning.

Back