2016 Masters Thread & Contest - Amazing Prize

Would not be surprised to see Bubba end up in the top 25 or higher after just barely sneaking into the weekend.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Really pumped to see how Augusta treats the field today

My gut says the afternoon guys have a tough go of it

Guys like DJ and Day can really make a big move today. I wouldn't be surprised to see this leaderboard look like someone dropped all the names and didn't care what order they replaced them in

Guys like DJ and Day can really make a big move today. I wouldn't be surprised to see this leaderboard look like someone dropped all the names and didn't care what order they replaced them in

If we think back to the last 14 months on tour and the parity we have seen in a huge number of events it makes sense and reminds me of how good the tour is right now.

For all of the "we miss fill in the blank" we have an abundance of quality and youth. And then add that players like Finau and others are not even in this one.

Featured groups for the online coverage on Masters.com for today:

10:50 a.m.
Charley Hoffman, United States
Adam Scott, Australia
11:10 a.m.
Henrik Stenson, Sweden
Hunter Mahan, United States
2:00 p.m.
Shane Lowry, Ireland
Bryson DeChambeau, United States
2:50 p.m.
Jordan Spieth, United States
Rory McIlroy, Northern Ireland

my money is on Jeff Knox today............

Danny Lee added a 56* wedge this week because he said he liked the loft for the greens at Augusta. He took out his Apex Utility 3 to make room. Normally his wedge setup is only 52 & 60.

That's interesting with the wind being up, but then again he may not be using the 3i like he thoughts

One of the unique aspects of this Masters is who is it setup for. In years past you could make the case that it was setup for attackers. Players like Bubba and Phil and even Day.

This year attacking players have had to lay back and have patience and we are seeing who had that. If that trend continues I think Spieth has the advantage as a more cerebral player in spots.

May have been answered somewhere, but why didn't Dechambeau declare as a professional for the Masters?

From what I understand he isn't returning to SMU due to sanctions, spent the past 6 months touring Europe/Asia, and will turn pro this year anyway.

my money is on Jeff Knox today............

When I saw the uneven field and knew he was going to play today, I was secretly hoping for a Jeff Knox early featured pairing with Bubba!

May have been answered somewhere, but why didn't Dechambeau declare as a professional for the Masters?

From what I understand he isn't returning to SMU due to sanctions, spent the past 6 months touring Europe/Asia, and will turn pro this year anyway.

I could be wrong, but I think, as the US Amateur Champion , that's his only way to get into the field. So, he must remain as an Amateur until after the Tournament is over.

This would have been my answer as well...thinking as a pro he wouldn't technically qualify, while as an amateur he still does.

I could be wrong, but I think, as the US Amateur Champion , that's his only way to get into the field. So, he must remain as an Amateur until after the Tournament is over.

You are correct. He could not enter the tournament as a pro, only as an amateur.

Well, not a good start for Bubba...+2 through 4 holes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I hope Snedeker does well today as a sleeper pick. Either way it's gonna be dicey wind ball.

I hope Snedeker does well today as a sleeper pick. Either way it's gonna be dicey wind ball.

Well not really a sleeper pick in this huge contest however.

The wind is not gonna be good for my only hope at picking a winner here. Jason Day's ball flight is gonna be punished by these wind gusts and Adam Scott is probably way too far back.

It's moving day baby. Let's do this!

Moving day is going to be exciting. Looking forward to the Speith and McIlroy pairing.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Well, I wanted to be different and chose Bubba Watson as one of my players. His card so far today: 6,6,7,8,8,8. Two snowmen on Par 3s?

Edited to add: Oops, that was his overall score lol!

Great. With Scott in the featured group, were gonna have to hear about him switching from the anchored putter every 5 minutes...

Montgomery sounds so excited and animated with what he talks about, and then they give it to Notah and zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Well, I wanted to be different and chose Bubba Watson as one of my players. His card so far today: 6,6,7,8,8,8. Two snowmen on Par 3s?

Edited to add: Oops, that was his overall score lol!

I think you're looking at the wrong card. I'm seeing 4,5,5,4,4,3

Back